Thread: Porting Safelink minutes to a non-Safelink phone

Feedback Score

Porting Safelink minutes to a non-Safelink phone

I was told by Safelink that once I no longer qualify for my Safelink phone I can transfer the minutes to a regular Tracfone.
    Does anyone have any tips to maximize the value of this transfer? Should I wait to the last day or so of my Safelink expiration, or is it safe to do this 30 or so days after the date? I remember TF used to provide some grace period after the date of service expiration to transfer minutes. Thanks.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cps6568 View Post
    I was told by Safelink that once I no longer qualify for my Safelink phone I can transfer the minutes to a regular Tracfone.
    Does anyone have any tips to maximize the value of this transfer? Should I wait to the last day or so of my Safelink expiration, or is it safe to do this 30 or so days after the date? I remember TF used to provide some grace period after the date of service expiration to transfer minutes. Thanks.

When SL learns you no longer qualify they remove the automatic minute addition program from your phone and it continues as a regular Tracfone. The phone with the remaining minutes and days remains yours. From then on you do whatever you want with the phone and remaining airtime. They do not want you to return the phone they want you to keep it active by adding paid airtime.

You can upgrade your SL phone at your expense as often as you want while still with SL..