Thread: Straight talk e71 sim in a blackberry style 96 flip phone. Can it be done and work?

Feedback Score

Straight talk e71 sim in a blackberry style 96 flip phone. Can it be done and work?

Straight talk e71 sim in a blackberry 9670 style flip phone. Can it be done and work? I have the e71 and don't like it, I want to go back to a flip phone. I like the bb style phone, but want to keep my straight talk service.

Anyone try there sim in a blackberry style? I want to buy the 9670 style... What issues may I have? Will everything work?

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    As long as it is an unlocked GSM phone supporting AT&T's frequencies (850mhz and 1900mhz) then it should work with a simple edit of the APN settings to get the data connection working. You could even use a T-Mobile phone but you'd be stuck with a 2G data connection but talking/texting would work fine.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpm90001 View Post
    Straight talk e71 sim in a blackberry 9670 style flip phone. Can it be done and work? I have the e71 and don't like it, I want to go back to a flip phone. I like the bb style phone, but want to keep my straight talk service.

Anyone try there sim in a blackberry style? I want to buy the 9670 style... What issues may I have? Will everything work?
    The BlackBerry 9670 is a CDMA phone. Straight Talk does not allow CDMA phones activated which were not sold by them. RIM made no flip style phone for GSM networks. Back to the drawing board.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the great info, I just thought tha phone was everything I was looking for. I want a flip style phone...but like the keyboard. Can anyone recommend a nice quality AT&T flip phone that will take my e71 straight talk sim card? I want a large screen, access to gmail,Bluetooth, loud speaker, better than average reception. I have been looking at the pantech breezeii or III. Good choice? I'm happy with straight talk, just the phone selection is horrible.

Thanks,

Geo