Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WAP PagePlus Settings for VX9200 not working

Feedback Score

WAP PagePlus Settings for VX9200 not working

Hi-
    I followed instructs to get the browser working on my Env3/VX9200 but still get the "611" page. What am I doing wrong?

In the programming menu (#5) are the WAP settings that I changed after using BitPim to let me do the changes...

Proxy Address- primary and secondary- ppcgw1.vzwreseller.com and ppcgw2.vzwreseller.com resp.
    Proxy Port - primary and secondary - 8080
    TLS/HTTPS Security Port Setting - primary and secondary - 0443
    Username name - the phone number that's listed under "Phone number (MIN)" (not my cell number)
    User password- VZW
    Homepage- http://www.google.com

this is what's listed in all instructions to get the browser working but when I try to open the dashboard and click on Mobile Web I get the "call 611" popup and then "This page has no contents"

Thanks for your help!

Feedback Score
    Did you get this working? I was getting ready to buy an enV3, but if doesn't work with PP, I'll need to do some more looking around.

Feedback Score
    No I am still waiting....others have gotten it to work with the instructions. I was hoping someone could explain what is wrong with my setup or give me something to check.....

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Try not using Dashboard as I believe every "channel" is programmed to use a Verizon server. So unless you edited the entry with BitPim to use a different URL it probably won't work. I haven't owned an enV3 but I think you can launch the browser directly without using Dashboard. Give that a shot.
    Last edited by taoman54; 11-15-2011 at 08:17 PM. Reason: clarification

Feedback Score
    By going into 'Settings and Tools" and pushing 'My Verizon' it opens the Mobile Web program without using the Dashboard...that didn't work either. Yes....my settings I changed via BitPim as I described in the first post above. I repost them here....

I followed instructs to get the browser working on my Env3/VX9200 but still get the "611" page. What am I doing wrong?

In the programming menu (#5) are the WAP settings that I changed after using BitPim to let me do the changes...

Proxy Address- primary and secondary- ppcgw1.vzwreseller.com and ppcgw2.vzwreseller.com resp.
    Username name - the phone number that's listed under "Phone number (MIN)" (not my cell number)
    User password- VZW

this is what's listed in all instructions to get the browser working but when I try to open the dashboard and click on Mobile Web I get the "call 611" popup and then "This page has no contents"

I tried opening the browser without the Dashboard and that had the same result.
    What else can I try???
    Thanks,
    Steve

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sstefany View Post
    By going into 'Settings and Tools" and pushing 'My Verizon' it opens the Mobile Web program without using the Dashboard...that didn't work either. Yes....my settings I changed via BitPim as I described in the first post above. I repost them here....

I tried opening the browser without the Dashboard and that had the same result.
    What else can I try???
    Thanks,
    Steve
    Selecting "My Verizon" will never work. That is configured to open the My Verizon web page to access your Verizon account on Verizon's server which you don't have access to on Page Plus. I understand you used BitPim to edit the fileDB file to make your menu settings editable. But that does not change any of the pre-configured menu settings that use the web browser.........like "My Verizon" or all the selections in Dashboard.
    On my old vx8300 and vx9100 hitting the up arrow will open the browser directly without going thru the menu system. Not sure if it's that way on the vx9200 but it's worth a shot.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help......and....I pressed the left arrow after turning the phone on...it did open the browser ('Verizon Mobile Wireless Web' it said) but got the same as under the dashboard or 'My Verizon' ---got the 'dial 611' again.

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Rats. I was hoping that would work. At this point, all I can suggest is that you re-check and re-enter all your WAP settings and try again or use a different proxy server. You can sign up to use Zaks free wap proxy server here:
    http://www.zaksenterprises.com/Latest-News/wap.html

Feedback Score
    I have got web working on several env3 using these directions...
    http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/LG_VX-9200_enV3

Feedback Score
    Yes....I used those instructions and I made the changes (edits) that the instructions say and still can't get it to work. I even tried the instructions at Zaks and it didn't work.

What I did-

User password- VZW

this is what's listed in all instructions to get the browser working but when I open the browser I get the "call 611" popup and then "This page has no contents."

In the FileDB--- the last line has 3 entries - they are "00 31 00"

...maybe someone could mail me their FileDB and I try that one???? stevestefany@yahoo.com

Come to think though...the purpose of editing the FileDB is to be able to change the proxy, etc. settings, right? I can do that, and did that, and it still doesn't work....I have rentered the settings several times so i don't have a mistype.

Wondering what else I can try?

Thanks
    Last edited by sstefany; 11-17-2011 at 07:42 AM.

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Have you confirmed that data is enabled and working on your line? Are you able to send and receive MMS successfully? You may need an ESN reset.

Feedback Score
    Yes...that was my next move....I did a reset and it still didn't work with the PagePLus reseller proxy....but IT DID START WORKING!!! with the Zaks proxy! So thanks...it's working but of course it creeps along....but at least I can get email on the road. Great day!

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sstefany View Post
    Yes...that was my next move....I did a reset and it still didn't work with the PagePLus reseller proxy....but IT DID START WORKING!!! with the Zaks proxy! So thanks...it's working but of course it creeps along....but at least I can get email on the road. Great day!
    Good to hear you got it working. If Zaks is too slow and mobile web is important to you then you may wish to check out hopke.net to use as your proxy server. It's $12/year but it's fast and reliable.
    http://hopke.net/proxy/proxyhome.php

Feedback Score
    Glad to hear you found away to get it working. For future reference if you want pageplus proxy settings on that phone or another phone... after you modify the fileDB do an OTA programming *22890 after programming is successful and it resets go into the programming menu WAP settings and only change the proxy address primary and secondary to the pageplus ones leave everything else like it is.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the assistance...I think the *22890 did the trick....now that I got the settings I think I'll try again for the PagePlus proxies.
    Steve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast