Thread: Safelink - extending service days on renewal

Feedback Score

Safelink - extending service days on renewal

OK, if I move my Safelink to a new phone but keep on Safelink, I assume the two days of service (DOS) add together (e.g. 365 +120)?
    My question is, when will the Safelink service, assuming still eligible, be renewed for another year? When the new total DOS is within 60 days away or the anniversary of my previous renewals (November), even if I have 100+ DOS still at that time?
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    I think the anniversary has to remain the same so that everyone is reviewed the same way. But there could be extra airtime that accumulates because of personal purchases of phones or minutes. This is basically Tracfone airtime and the service will continue as Tracfone if Safelink goes away. The airtime that was obtained while on Safelink would be good until used up.

I think this is correct.

Feedback Score
    Thanks - that's what I think also. I tried to get the answer from Safelink but their people didn't understand.
    My question is about days of service, not minutes.
    Basically, even if I have 1 year of service (from additional airtime purchases) at the time of my renewal, will Safelink add another 1 year days of service on top of my year or will they see I have 1 year and simply give the minutes each month?

Feedback Score
    They give you one of their years and so many minutes. That is the deal with the administrator. If you have extra personal stuff that you purchased, that stuff keeps on going until it's used up.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It is based on the date you were first approved. You will be asked to re-qualify several months before your anniversary date. You will receive the next 365 days added on your anniversery date.