Thread: Getjar and LG 800g problems

Feedback Score

Getjar and LG 800g problems

I have tried to download apps from getjar for my new LG 800g using the Tracfone, Bolt, and Opera mini browsers.

The Tracfone browser gives me a message from T Mobile that m.getjar "does not exist or is not available", but then gives the link to getjar mobile in the search results below the message. When I click that, I do get to getjar, but when I enter the quick download code from the main site and click download, it takes me to the page with that app on it. I click download again and it says "Authorization failed".

Bolt gives me the same message from T Mobile, and I can scroll down to click the search result. It does the same thing, sending me to the app page when I try to use the quick download code. When I try to download from there, I get a download page with the options to save, open, or save to. None of them work. It tells me, "Sorry you do not have permission due to security reasons."

Opera mini won't let me get there at all. "Cannot locate remote server."

I tried entering both LG 800g and LG T310 at getjar, and I get the same quick download code for each. (I was actually surprised that the 800g was an option now, as I know it hasn't been in the past.)

I can't seem to find an option to download an app to my PC. Am I missing it, or is it not an option from getjar?

Any ideas to get this to work? I've killed a lot of minutes fighting with this thing.

Many TIA!

Feedback Score
    More frustrations. I decided to try going directly to the mobile sites that offer two of the apps I am interested in: youversion and google maps. I tried only in Bolt, but I suspect the results would be the same through Tracfone and Opera mini. When I attempt to go to either site I get a message from TMobile that it doesn't exist or is not available. Google maps doesn't exist?! I don't think so! Any chance this is a TMobile issue? Do I need an ATT sim card? (I have one from my old tracfone, motorola W376. Would customer service allow/help me switch them?)

One of the reasons I purchased this phone was the ability to download apps.

Feedback Score
    If you did not resolve this yet, use the native phone browser to go to: http://m.opera.com/?act=lp&tag=mini5...en-us&cert=all

That will download and install the signed version of Opera Mini 6.5 as a trusted application.

Happy Holidays!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tfusr19 View Post
    If you did not resolve this yet, use the native phone browser to go to: http://m.opera.com/?act=lp&tag=mini5...en-us&cert=all

That will download and install the signed version of Opera Mini 6.5 as a trusted application.

Happy Holidays!
    Thank you, tfusr19, but when I go there I get this message:

Sorry, but there's no Opera mini for T-mobile available for your device. More devices are added continuously, so please check back later.

So, it is a T-mobile issue. Thanks anyway, and Happy Holidays to you too!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tresses View Post
    Thank you, tfusr19, but when I go there I get this message:

Sorry, but there's no Opera mini for T-mobile available for your device. More devices are added continuously, so please check back later.

So, it is a T-mobile issue. Thanks anyway, and Happy Holidays to you too!
    My phone is on AT&T. Try this using phone's native browser:
    1) http://m.opera.com
    2) Select "Other download options" at bottom of page
    3) Towards bottom of page click "Select Code-Signing Certificate" under "Options for Opera Mini 6.5:"
    4) Select "All Certificates"

Hopefully that works.
    Cheers!

Carrier
    st
    Feedback Score
    I had the same same problem with my lg 900, that's why I switch to st and a e71.
    Now that I have a smart phone dont I feel stupid.