Thread: Issues with Alcatel Onetouch 908S in downtown Toronto

Feedback Score

Issues with Alcatel Onetouch 908S in downtown Toronto

Just signed up with Wind a few days ago, switched from Fido. Got the 125 dollar 908S (android phone) and have all kinds of problems. I always call from the same part of downtown Toronto.. and some numbers I call the conversation is fine... YET some calls to landline numbers are horrible from THEIR end (not mine), they can barely hear me, they say it sounds like talking thru a wind tunnel or loud awful hissing,,,

BUT I had always called these people before with Fido .. no problems. And they are LANDLINES. I move around within a few blocks in downtown Toronto, call em from different spots.. same result.

Is this phone model bad? Or did I just get a lemon? I will try changing the phone .. but I really like the model (otehr than quality issues).. it's the only Android I can afford (and i want android)..

Comments?

Feedback Score
    try returning the phone and getting another one but be within the limits

Feedback Score
    Limits? What limits???

U mean time limits? I bought it 4 days ago.

Feedback Score
    The limits are 30 minutes of service or 30 days. I wouldn't worry about that, as much as WHERE you bought the phone. If you bought it from a franchise store...RUN, do NOT WALK back there and exchange the phone. I have had the 908S for about a month, and I am VERY happy with the phone. I travel a whole hell of a lot, and I'm ALWAYS streaming, as I subscribe to RadioIo, a web service.
    I have NO problems downtown, although I'm not there very often. I had the Huawei U8100 before, and it sucked. The 908S is a really great phone, for how cheap it is. Hell, I'm streaming as we speak! I really think the issue is with your phone. Exchange it, and I'm sure you'll be happy

Feedback Score
    OK will do.

Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I'm thinking that from your story its probably an issues between Wind and that carrier or a problem with your line. If its particular phone numbers that are the problem its not the phone.
    Just loving it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I'm thinking that from your story its probably an issues between Wind and that carrier or a problem with your line. If its particular phone numbers that are the problem its not the phone.
    But the switchover from Fido was done 4 days ago, and I had that number with Fido for 10 years and there was no problem with it?

I am outside the limit of 30 minutes BTW so I dont know what to do.

Feedback Score
    And some of the numbers that I dial out to and am having problems with... I have been calling thopse exact phone numbers for years from my Fido phone wth no issues.

Feedback Score
    OK they swapped out the SIM card, they claim that solves 70 percent of such problems. We'll see if that solves it, it's the middle of the day now.. I cant reach people to test how it sounds on their end.

The two people I did reach say it's better. We'll see.

Feedback Score
    OK they swapped out the SIM card, they claim that solves 70 percent of such problems. We'll see if that solves it, it's the middle of the day now.. I cant reach people to test how it sounds on their end.

The two people I did reach say it's better. We'll see.