Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nexus S 4G activated and working on page plus. Latest Sprint MOD PRL 52505 Also

Feedback Score

Nexus S 4G activated and working on page plus. Latest Sprint MOD PRL 52505 Also

Hello all, I'm new here and new to page plus. After cobbling together all the guides from various phones and carriers. I was able to activate a Sprint nexus S 4G without much issue on page plus. Data works, haven't bothered with MMS stuff because I never send any.

Here's the basics of what I did (going to assume people understand the little bits that you have to do with all phones)

Rooted phone (thanks Xda-developers)

dialed *#*#8778#*#* and set usb to modem mode

CDMA workshop -> unlock with default samsung method

CDMA workshop to set spc to 000000, then upload a page plus PRL (I used an old one), edit your MIN and MDN

Dial *22890 to update and download the latest prl and activate

Used QPST according to the EVO guide to set XXXXXXXXX@vzw3g.com in all the right fields. (thank you EVO people, I'll miss my old evo I gave away)

Everything worked fine including data, (have to turn on roam data, since it's technically roaming on verizon from a sprint phone) (I'm sure mms would work if I bothered with setting it up)

I got tired of seeing the roam indicator so I read up on prl modding too and hand modded the latest prl for sprint phones.

Then I downloaded the prl from the phone (52505) and modded all the verizon entries to sprint codes.

Here's the file if anyone wants it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Phones
    Sony T637
    Motorolla V551
    Carrier
    ATW
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the post, I am getting an Epic 4G this weekend and will try this to see how it goes.
    BTW, do you call PP+ customer service and provide them the MEID and even though it is Sprint phone, it still goes through?

Feedback Score
    I ended up activating via kitty wireless. they emailed me my number and min, gave no issues with ESN/MEID

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fibrizo View Post
    I ended up activating via howardforums. they emailed me my number and min, gave no issues with ESN/MEID
    Please note that "howardforums" will appear when someone types in a dealer's name, since dealer's names are not supposed to be posted on this forum, in case anyone else wonders why "howardfroums" appears in the most unlikely of places, sometimes.

Phones
    Sony T637
    Motorolla V551
    Carrier
    ATW
    Feedback Score
    One more question Fib, how is the 3G data? I heard sprint phones can only get edge, 3G is not stable. Is that the case for you phone? Thx.

Feedback Score
    I think it is edge, you have to do some tricks to get 3g working, which I don't want to deal with atm. Also since you only get 100mb of data a month anyways, this is a great way to not go over. And yes I did go through a dealer.

Phones
    Sony T637
    Motorolla V551
    Carrier
    ATW
    Feedback Score
    I plan activate the Epic for the sister in law, she is currently using the DX but like phone with Physical Keyboard. She is currently on the 55 so data is not an issue. I like the D3 but it is a little pricey so I was hoping to get her on the Epic because that is what she was using before switching over PP+. Thanks for the reply.

Phones
    Sony T637
    Motorolla V551
    Carrier
    ATW
    Feedback Score
    I followed an instructions from xda and evo here and got the sprint epic 4g working just fine with data. As normal, data keeps switching 3g & 1x. I haven't tested mms since I don't use it. Other than the data switching, everything is working so far.

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    i just ordered a nexus s 4g (sprint variant) - can someone tell me if i still need to root it and do the cdma workshop thingy to get just the pageplus voice+sms to work on it?

i plan on using data via wifi (via a mifi) on this phone

thanks

Feedback Score
    What evo guide are you referring to? I have an Evo 4G, searching the forum can't find the guide to flash the evo 4g to page plus, thanks in advance for your responce

Quote Originally Posted by fibrizo View Post
    Hello all, I'm new here and new to page plus. After cobbling together all the guides from various phones and carriers. I was able to activate a Sprint nexus S 4G without much issue on page plus. Data works, haven't bothered with MMS stuff because I never send any.

Here's the basics of what I did (going to assume people understand the little bits that you have to do with all phones)

Rooted phone (thanks Xda-developers)

dialed *#*#8778#*#* and set usb to modem mode

CDMA workshop -> unlock with default samsung method

CDMA workshop to set spc to 000000, then upload a page plus PRL (I used an old one), edit your MIN and MDN

Dial *22890 to update and download the latest prl and activate

Used QPST according to the EVO guide to set XXXXXXXXX@vzw3g.com in all the right fields. (thank you EVO people, I'll miss my old evo I gave away)

Everything worked fine including data, (have to turn on roam data, since it's technically roaming on verizon from a sprint phone) (I'm sure mms would work if I bothered with setting it up)

I got tired of seeing the roam indicator so I read up on prl modding too and hand modded the latest prl for sprint phones.

Then I downloaded the prl from the phone (52505) and modded all the verizon entries to sprint codes.

Here's the file if anyone wants it.

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    @cdguider,

evo 4g doc is posted (atleast a link to it) somewhere on this forums. meanwhile here is another guide(for epic 4g) which was adapted from the original one..

evo 4g guide was written by a user named KrInEn - search for his posts on this forum( or on xda ) - maybe you will get some info from there ..

just PMed you the URL - dont know if i can post it publicly here..,

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsriram22 View Post
    @cdguider,

evo 4g doc is posted (atleast a link to it) somewhere on this forums. meanwhile here is another guide(for epic 4g) which was adapted from the original one..

evo 4g guide was written by a user named KrInEn - search for his posts on this forum( or on xda ) - maybe you will get some info from there ..

The link to the Evo guide is in this post: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...2#post13971992
    Read the whole thread for other tips like how to basic "flash" and get MMS working
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsriram22 View Post
    @cdguider,

The link to the Evo guide is in this post: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...2#post13971992
    Read the whole thread for other tips like how to basic "flash" and get MMS working

Carrier
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    followed the instructions per first post and it was a breeze.. could easily put my nexus s 4g on pageplus..

(did not do the data part of the instructions, as i do not need data anyway.. i am using the mifi router from prepaid provider truconnect)

thanks, @fibrizo!

samsung drivers must be installed from http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...SPH-D700ZKASPR

and NOT the one that Windows 7 prompts to install from.. I have Win 7 x64

Feedback Score
    Is there any way that it will work with CDMAWS 3.8? I can never get my phones to read in QPST2.7.366. I'm running Win 7 64bit I put the Nexus in "UART" and "USB" "Modem Mode" In device Manager it shows the Nexus as port 14 and that's all for the ports. When I open QPST, it shows COM134 waiting Label is COM 134 Phone & Link is N/A. I click Add New Port, Uncheck the Show Serial and USB... and then the Com14 - USB/QC NMEA shows up. I highlight it and click OK and I get Error Enabling Port There was an error enabling COM14. The port may not be working properly or may be busy. (-2147467259 [0x80004005]). Can anyone please help me?? Thank you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast