Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 185

Thread: I'm on Telus!

  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,535
    Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Note 2
    Nexus One
    Carriers
    1-800-bloodbath-mobility
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nlee View Post
    Frustrating - got someone very obviously from a call centre out of Canada who basically offered me the plans available on their site and that was as good as he claimed he could go.

    "For you, I can waive the activation fee"
    "Um, that's posted right on your site as promo available for everyone."
    "No it's not, this is just for you."

    {facepalm}

    Anyway, not sure if I should try again, or if I should just stick with Koodo.

    Hang up and call again

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Thornhill, ON
    Posts
    25,205
    Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nlee View Post
    Frustrating - got someone very obviously from a call centre out of Canada who basically offered me the plans available on their site and that was as good as he claimed he could go.

    "For you, I can waive the activation fee"
    "Um, that's posted right on your site as promo available for everyone."
    "No it's not, this is just for you."

    {facepalm}

    Anyway, not sure if I should try again, or if I should just stick with Koodo.
    These are business plans; the Filipino call centre likely has no idea of their existence.

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    53
    Phone
    HTC Vision
    Carrier
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Que_Ball View Post
    1. Included in your package
    2. Included in your package
    3. Included in your package.

    You pay extra to SEND text messages to locations outside of the USA and Canada.
    You pay extra if you leave Canada.
    When you receive a text as long as it's not a Premium SMS from a CWTA short code it's free. Where it's sent from is not important.

    When you are inside of canada, texting to people in the USA is no different than texting the guy standing beside you.
    I assume this applies to Corporate plans as well?

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,435
    Carrier
    TELUS Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry Bold 9900: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.391 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

    Quote Originally Posted by encrypter
    Quote Originally Posted by Que_Ball View Post
    1. Included in your package
    2. Included in your package
    3. Included in your package.

    You pay extra to SEND text messages to locations outside of the USA and Canada.
    You pay extra if you leave Canada.
    When you receive a text as long as it's not a Premium SMS from a CWTA short code it's free. Where it's sent from is not important.

    When you are inside of canada, texting to people in the USA is no different than texting the guy standing beside you.
    I assume this applies to Corporate plans as well?
    Yes - the same applies to all plans with a domestic text package.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    94
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can you walk into a store and get these plans, or are they phone-in only?

  6. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Thornhill, ON
    Posts
    25,205
    Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nlee View Post
    Can you walk into a store and get these plans, or are they phone-in only?
    Make sure you speak with a Small Biz specialist, but most stores can do it with the proper business ID.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    94
    Feedback Score
    0
    Signed up today - waiting for my phone to ship (backordered, and I'll bet you couldn't guess what model ). Turns out I utterly forgot to look into corporate plans, as my wife gets a decent one as a Ontario government employee.

    Here's what I ended up with:

    250 local minutes
    Unl Evenings @ 6pm + weekends
    Unl local incoming
    Unl local telus to telus
    Unl Text
    Voicemail 25, call waiting, conference calling, caller ID, call forwarding
    $0.08/min Cdn long distance
    $150 port in credit

    $20 / month

    I added 6GB of data for $30 and unlimited Canadian long distance for $15, so the grand total was $65 per month.

    So, not bad, and only $5 more than my Koodo plan which was very similar to this.

  8. #158
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,052
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    Emailed Telus about a billing error and on the same email, mentioned my Call Forward request. Mentioned that that competition includes it in far less expensive plans, nevermind the $85 plan (worth $3060 over 36 months). Reminded them that CFWD is a feature that routes calls of their network and to have to pay, seems a little unreasonable.

    All being said, got a nice email back. Billing issue was resolved, and $3 CFWD Immediate was removed and replaced with $0 CFWD Immediate
    To make this change did you contact your dealer or a general support address at Telus?

  9. #159
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Thornhill, ON
    Posts
    25,205
    Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DataDude View Post
    To make this change did you contact your dealer or a general support address at Telus?
    I emailed Telus

    Sent from my HTC One X

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,561
    Phone
    iPhone 4 / Samsung Galaxy S / N82
    Carriers
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    WorldIRC or others who can help, is this possible?

    My friend who has a legit business is porting his Rogers line to Telus. I told him I wanted to as well but I dont have a business. He said he doesnt mind creating another line for me but I want my Rogers line ported. Is it possible that my Rogers line can be ported as one of his lines to Telus? I understand that this will be technically his account but once that has been done, is it possible to transfer that account to just under my name after the setup has been completed or Telus would still require me to have a business?

    Thanks

  11. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Thornhill, ON
    Posts
    25,205
    Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Telus will require proof of business when transferring into your name; unless you find a rep willing to create a business personal account for you without asking for any info...

  12. #162
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1,561
    Phone
    iPhone 4 / Samsung Galaxy S / N82
    Carriers
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    WorldIRC, any updates on this? Are the most recent posted plans still available and the port in credits? I have a friend who has a business who is interested in porting from Rogers. Thanks

  13. #163
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Thornhill, ON
    Posts
    25,205
    Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by casperr View Post
    WorldIRC, any updates on this? Are the most recent posted plans still available and the port in credits? I have a friend who has a business who is interested in porting from Rogers. Thanks
    Don't work for TELUS so I have no idea.

  14. #164
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Thornhill, ON
    Posts
    25,205
    Carriers
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Thank you TELUS for unlocking my iPhone 5!

  15. #165
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,052
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    Thank you TELUS for unlocking my iPhone 5!
    Really, less than 90 days after.you got it? Do tell how you managed this.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks