Thread: Can I keep my $25 VM plan if I get a new phone?

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Can I keep my $25 VM plan if I get a new phone?

Thinking of giving my old Intercept the boot but I'm afraid that getting a new phone will result in me getting moved to the $35 plan. Has anyone successfully activated a new phone and kept the $25 plan?

Feedback Score
    I did it. If you are worried about it call them up.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Unhappy

just don't switch to the blackberry, I had an old 8530 BB and I activated on my daughters account, phone works, text works but I have no WEB, I called VM and the only option to get web on a BB is to go up to $35 plan,

Carrier
    T-mobile,VZW
    Feedback Score
    I switched from an Optimus V to the Optimus Slider maybe 10 days ago. Kept my $25 plan.
    "I didn't get fat by accident. This was a personal choice. " - Kevin Gillespie

Phone
    HTC_816_Phablet, Lumia_520
    Carrier
    Virgin_Mobile, Cricket, H2O
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acmenet View Post
    just don't switch to the blackberry, I had an old 8530 BB and I activated on my daughters account, phone works, text works but I have no WEB, I called VM and the only option to get web on a BB is to go up to $35 plan,
    Not exactly.

If you were on the old BT $25 plan and swapped a BB 8530 onto the plan then you would need to pay the old $10 BB service add-on.

When switching to another (non-BlackBerry) phone from the BB you just added, you would be back to the original BT $25 plan (without the $10 BB add-on).
    No Contract means I have all the power.
    They want me, but they can't have me...

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Just another person chiming in to say yes, it's possible. I switched from my Samsung Intercept to the LG Optimus Slider last week and did the entire process online.

The key link is once you're logged into your account, just click on the "Swap Phones" option at the lower right side of the main page and your new phone will be activated without touching your plan. Still on the $25/month plan!

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sort of different question but if I switched to t mobiles 30 plan how long do I have to switch back to virgin or do I lose the 25 plan as soon as I switch

Phones
    Past Phones: c332, a680, a950, sidekick 2&LX, 9900
    Current Phone: Optimus V
    Next Phone: Galaxy S2
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by riposinpace View Post
    Sort of different question but if I switched to t mobiles 30 plan how long do I have to switch back to virgin or do I lose the 25 plan as soon as I switch
    Did you port your number over to T-Mobile? Or are you using a new number? If you stopped topping up your VM account, but did not officially close it, I'm pretty sure there's some sort of grace period which would allow you to go back to VM. However, if you ported over your existing number to T-Mobile, I am doubtful they will allow the grandfather rule to be applied. That's just a thought though.

Feedback Score
    If you port your number out, it cancels the account permanently and the grandfathered plan is gone forever. If you want to try out TM, I'd recommend getting a new number with TM and leave your Virgin service as-is. If you want to make the switch permanent, you can always port out later.