Thread: Roaming - "Your SIM card does not allow you to register on this network"

Feedback Score

Roaming - "Your SIM card does not allow you to register on this network"

Was out of Mobilicity zones for a while today, and was experiencing something that's seemed to happen semi-regularly when I get out.

i.e. I can see a "CDN Roaming" network, but my phone (HTC Panache) spits out a message something like "Your SIM card does not allow you to register on this network" (sometimes it works and I wind up on CDN roaming, and sometimes it doesn't and I'm left with no service. (I'm assuming that it appearing on my phone as "CDN Roaming" rather than some numeric value indicates that my phone recognizes it as a network that it should be able to roam on ... or perhaps that's wrong).

This seems different than the occasional dropout that I've seen on the Panache.

Any idea what the problem here might be?

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Maybe the area you went to was too rural and Rogers was not even available there, so your phone picked up someone else's network (Bell? Telus? Some local provider?) but couldn't pick up Rogers's, and of course Mobilicity's SIM was not recognized by those providers.

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Note 2
    Nexus One
    Carriers
    1-800-bloodbath-mobility
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave114 View Post
    Was out of Mobilicity zones for a while today, and was experiencing something that's seemed to happen semi-regularly when I get out.

i.e. I can see a "CDN Roaming" network, but my phone (HTC Panache) spits out a message something like "Your SIM card does not allow you to register on this network" (sometimes it works and I wind up on CDN roaming, and sometimes it doesn't and I'm left with no service. (I'm assuming that it appearing on my phone as "CDN Roaming" rather than some numeric value indicates that my phone recognizes it as a network that it should be able to roam on ... or perhaps that's wrong).

Where were you exactly? Roaming is disabled in the city.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 513263337 View Post
    Maybe the area you went to was too rural and Rogers was not even available there, so your phone picked up someone else's network (Bell? Telus? Some local provider?) but couldn't pick up Rogers's, and of course Mobilicity's SIM was not recognized by those providers.
    Bell and Telus don't show up as "CDN Roaming" when you are using a Mobilicity sim card. Very few phones that can be used on Mobilicity will even see the Bell/Telus network. Those that can will actually say "Bell" and "Telus" on the screen after a manual network scan. Mobilicity programs the sim card to make the phone say "CDN Roaming" for any network that identifies itself as 302720, which can only be Rogers.

Feedback Score

I have had the same issue. I did a factory reset, problem went away and has never come back. Not sure why the fault occurred in the first place. Make sure you save your contacts before doing the factory reset.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 513263337 View Post
    The zone I was considering was Highway 1 from Calgary, AB <-> Banff, AB (remaining areas were more obscure, often no cell service of any sort on any provider). Had the same issue just a few minutes north of Calgary city limits a few weeks back (even Wind's coverage of Calgary is supposed to extend that far... and Mobilicity could be just barely be picked up outdoors although just north of the area Mobilicity claims to cover).

Phones
    Galaxy Note 2
    Galaxy Note 2
    Nexus One
    Carriers
    1-800-bloodbath-mobility
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    The zone I was considering was Highway 1 from Calgary, AB <-> Banff, AB (remaining areas were more obscure, often no cell service of any sort on any provider). Had the same issue just a few minutes north of Calgary city limits a few weeks back (even Wind's coverage of Calgary is supposed to extend that far... and Mobilicity could be just barely be picked up outdoors although just north of the area Mobilicity claims to cover).
    Well, afaik - Rogers 2G has covergae all the way till banff - except some rare pockets in the mountains, so you should get steady signal. Hmmm.. try a reset - if that helps.