Thread: LG Revere Re PIX

Feedback Score

LG Revere Re PIX

Hello,

First time Poster, and not sure if this is the right place for this. If not, please let me know.

Via Verizon, just got a new LG Revere (dumb, flip style), and a new 2 year update to plan contract.

Unlike my previous LG dumb phone, this Revere does not have a micro SD slot.

Also, there doesn't appear to be any way to get the PIX from the phone to my PC without going thru (somehow) Verizon. The old LG phone I had allows one to do this, or via the micro card)

The cable (phone on one end, USB on other) does not seem to work, even though the manual "implies" that the phone slot is for "Accessories," as well as the charging function.

Is there some way to transfer from Phone to PC directly ?
    Extra software, or... ?

If I have to go thru Verizon, how expensive is it to do so ? And, how to ?

And-
    The salesman at the Verizon store gave me a song and dance that they don't have any FREE phones anymore, even though old contract "implies" that I can get a free phone when I do the 2 yr update.

Is this so at Verizon stores now ?
    Best Buy and others have this phone for free if I updated there.
    Who should I complain to, please ?

Am in my 70's now, and dealing with this "stuff" becomes hard.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
    Bob

Feedback Score
    Just plug in your data cable (that came with the phone) into your computer and the Drivers should install automatically. Then you should have a window with options like transfer pictures, or open to view files.

Feedback Score

From OP:

Hello,

Thank you very much.
    I really appreciate the help.

I've managed to do the LG/Verizon download updates via my PC.

But I cannot get that window you speak of.

There is no data cable for the Revere.
    Rather, the implication is that you use the charging cable.
    It disconnects at the AC plug end to yield the normal USB connector, which then plugs into a USB port on the PC.

But no matter what option(s) I try, there does not seem to be a way of coming up with a screen to enable one to transfer from the phone to the PC.

You can do it via Bluetooth, but to say that the procedure is convoluted, and a mess, would be an understatement.

There have been one or two posts that said Verizon disabled the phone to PC connection as they want you to upload to their site first, for a fee. My old LG flip phone did have a cable for this purpose.

I was hoping that the upgrade I just did would allow this, but doesn't seem to be the case.
    But, as usual, I may be missing something ? Will blame it on my age, if so.

If you could, please run me through, in detail, all the exact steps I should do on my phone, or PC, I would be most appreciative.

Thank you very much,
    Bob

Feedback Score
    What operating system are you using? windows xp? vista?

Feedback Score

From OP:

Hi,

Using Windows 7.

I think, but am not 100% sure, the 64 bit version.

Thanks for help,
    Bob

Feedback Score
    Check whether the LG Revere is being detected by your computer. I'm not sure how to do the following in windows 7 but on XP, you go to your Start button, right click on My Computer, click Properties, then Hardware, then Device Manager. Then expand (click on + sign) 'modems' and 'ports'. (If you have Vista it's similar except after you click Properties, Device Manager should be on the top left, it should be similar on windows 7). After you expand 'modems' and 'ports' you should see something like 'LGE CDMA USB Serial Port' or 'LGE CDMA USB Modem'. If you have any icons with an exclamation point surrounded by a yellow triangel it means you dont have drivers installed. If so, go to this webb address http://www.lgforum.com/resources scroll down to the verizon section and download and install the drivers.

Phones
    DROID RAZR
    My wife has Samsung Convoy 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have heard that Verizon disabled the software that allows you to transfer pics and ringtones to the phone from PC>....

I couldn't seem to get it to work at all... I finally gave up and bought Data Pilot ver 7.1.1 and used that . It works fine.

I transferred pics back and forth and put my own made ringtones on the phone.

You only used the usb cable that is provided with the phone to connect to the pc and use the data pilot software....