Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk customer service...wow! activation issues

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk customer service...wow! activation issues

Those guys really stick to a script, no matter how many times I was transferred I kept getting the same message no matter what I said and telling them I heard all of this already. Seriously, I think I spent a solid hour on the phone with them. Anyone else have problems activating their E71? Everytime I put the sim card number in, it would not register it, went through 3 people until some guy finally apparently got it to work, honestly I am still skeptical, I will believe it when I see it actually work. I am porting a number over so I got about 48 hrs before I have a bad feeling that I will be calling back saying it didn't work.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like you need a new SIM. Try contacting them on Facebook.com/straighttalkwireless

Carrier
    Virgin Mobil
    Feedback Score

Others have had the same felling you describe

Take a look at this link that documents problems with some of them similar to yours...

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/cell_..._wireless.html

Good luck. I bought an e71 from Walmart and it was defective, so instead of waiting 5 days for a box to arrive from Straight Talk and then wait up to 3 weeks for Straight Talk to send the replacement I just ordered another e71 from Walmart and will return the defective one when the new one arrives.

Really hope your porting works in a timely maner. One positive thing is that you can get in touch with a live Straight Talk rep quickly.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    the port actually worked! I am now enjoying HSPA+ speeds on my new galaxy note!

Carrier
    Sprint via RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I feel lucky. I bought a refurbished E71 for a family member and had to call the activate. The number ported... waited overnight but the SIM would still not get signal. So I called and they answered immediately, and that very same lady (which could easily pass for an American; had slight accent) immediately knew what the problem and asked for the serial number and SIM card number so they could match up. Within five minutes I had full bars on the E71.

Glad to hear you got it working.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S II
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I have a refurbished Nokia E71. I tried to activate on the web but it kept deleting my SIM card number when I clicked submit on the registration page. After failing to activate on the website, I called in to phone support. The first support rep had trouble activating my phone, so he transferred me to a different rep. The second rep activated the phone no problem. I believe that this "bad SIM card" issue might simply be incompetent support reps. It might not always be necessary to have a new SIM card sent out. I had the same symptom as people who had to get a new SIM card, perhaps their phones would have activated if they had gotten the right support rep?

Feedback Score
    I have a E71 and ordered a 6790 for my wife.I asked for a port from Page Plus somehow while doing the port they changed my number from the E71 to her new 6790 plus did the port which says sim card activation failed.How they can screw up things like that!I took the sim out of her 6790 and put it in the e71 to get my phone working.Wife is mad at me of course because she dosn't have her phone &number.
    They say they have to send a new sim so will have to wait to see how that turns out.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Same issue with my e71 trying to port my number to a new ST account using their activation webpage and phone support. Been on the phone and FB support since yesterday afternoon. They keep mentioning a 'system error' and keep 'escalating' my ticket. Every time I try to get a status update, they mention that the ticket is closed and they will reopen it after attempting to activate my sim/phone. This time they have 'forwarded' the issue to their 'analyst'. Wish I knew exactly what is needed to activate these phones when having this issue.

Carrier
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    When I had this problem, the facebook help was useless. Basically what happened is they thought my phone shipped out with sim number XXXXXXXXXXXXX when in fact it was YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Instead of updating the system to activate the sim I actually had, the facebook email guy was like, "I have confirmed this is the SIM that shipped with the phone, please be sure you haven't swapped sims..." #douchebag

I called them up and explained things, and the guy put the right SIM# into the system and the phone activated right away. Been smooth sailing ever since.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post
    When I had this problem, the facebook help was useless. Basically what happened is they thought my phone shipped out with sim number XXXXXXXXXXXXX when in fact it was YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Instead of updating the system to activate the sim I actually had, the facebook email guy was like, "I have confirmed this is the SIM that shipped with the phone, please be sure you haven't swapped sims..." #douchebag

I called them up and explained things, and the guy put the right SIM# into the system and the phone activated right away. Been smooth sailing ever since.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I mentioned it to their support but the sim numbers match. So at least I have my ST account set up with the phone in my account. Just having problems with the sim number part of the process. It was strange when entering my account for the first time because someone else's phone was added in addition to mine.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using HowardForums
    Josh

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Update: Still is giving them a "system error" today like it was on Saturday.....lol

Phones
    MyTouch 3G
    MyTouch 3G
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    This is getting ridiculous. I tried activating my phone several times now, and have received a new sim card - still no go. I am trying to get a refund from them now but it's the most difficult process just to get a hold of the refund department. Waited on hold for 1.5+ hrs last night, only finding out that the department was closed and yet I was still on hold? Tried holding for almost 30 minutes for refund department till I got fed up.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    You can also submit a ticket on Facebook:
    http://facebook.com/straighttalkwireless
    (instead of waiting on a phone)

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by surfshadow View Post
    This is getting ridiculous. I tried activating my phone several times now, and have received a new sim card - still no go. I am trying to get a refund from them now but it's the most difficult process just to get a hold of the refund department. Waited on hold for 1.5+ hrs last night, only finding out that the department was closed and yet I was still on hold? Tried holding for almost 30 minutes for refund department till I got fed up.
    As of yesterday, they got my number ported and phone activated!
    Facebook support is the way to go. Submit a ticket to them and they'll get you set up. Might take a few days if they run into issues though.

Feedback Score
    I just had to activate 2 phones, both which have not been active since January and March of this year. That was pain, I had to wait for 2 new sims (which they said would/could take up to 14 days!!) Thankfully the sim cards arrived the same day I lost service on AT&T contract.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast