Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Questions about the Sierra Wireless Aircard 754S LTE hotspot.

Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Questions about the Sierra Wireless Aircard 754S LTE hotspot.

Does anyone here know if this device utilize a battery? I don't see any battery life listed on Rogers' LTE website. Will the hotspot be locked to Rogers' network?
    List of dumb posts:

Originally Posted by Whit
    I will be requesting the Nokia 6682. I am done with smart(dumb)phones.

Phones
    Treo 600 GSM
    Motorola MPx-220
    Blackberry 957
    Carriers
    Rogers
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Does anyone here know if this device utilize a battery? I don't see any battery life listed on Rogers' LTE website. Will the hotspot be locked to Rogers' network?
    I just purchased one from Rogers outright for 199.99 with LTE plan for 10.00 to share with my 6GB Blackberry 3G data package. The unit is just smaller than a deck of cards, has a battery life of 4-5 hours (included) with optional extended battery pack for 8-10 hours, and support up to 5 devices at one time. It has two external antenna ports on the back to acquire better signal. When the unit is in full LTE signal range, I can get 42MBit down. For now, Rogers capped it to 50MBit down for LTE but the unit supports LTE Category 3 which supports 100MBit. Thus, this unit can be use several years down the road when 100Mbit is ready to be deployed.

Phones
    Galaxy Nexus
    XPERIA X1, X10
    Nokia E90, E72, E7
    Carriers
    Rogers
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    and yes, it is locked to Rogers.

It is not very reliable though, at least mine. Restarts itself every now and then.

It is also dual carrier capable and even without LTE pulls some really nice download and upload speeds. You can also use it in USB tethering mode - in this mode I have seen download speeds of 48Mbps and upload up to 20. Pings are around 30ms which is really nice. But for use in USB mode you rather get the LTE rocket stick, it provides very reliable connection.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    --------------
    leobg

Phones
    IP4
    iPad II
    W7 64bit w/ZTE 668
    Carriers
    Fido/Rogers
    BELL/TELUS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ...any info on FIDO sim working on these..?

Phone
    8300 (Curve)
    Carrier
    Rogers/Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by a in yul View Post
    a in yul,

I've tried my fido sim and it doesn't work. Asks for an unlock code.

Carriers
    Fido
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

754S is unlockable

Quote Originally Posted by a in yul View Post

I have a 754S from AT&T. I unlocked it using DC Unlocker (http://www.dc-unlocker.com/).

I've also noticed the same reliability issues. It randomly reboots and sometimes has difficulty finding a network. From time to time it refuses to find any network until I do a battery pull, then it's fine for a few days.

Phones
    IP4
    iPad II
    W7 64bit w/ZTE 668
    Carriers
    Fido/Rogers
    BELL/TELUS
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunlop View Post
    a in yul,

I've tried my fido sim and it doesn't work. Asks for an unlock code.
    thks for the info;

Quote Originally Posted by microchip01 View Post
    I have a 754S from AT&T. I unlocked it using DC Unlocker (http://www.dc-unlocker.com/).

I've also noticed the same reliability issues. It randomly reboots and sometimes has difficulty finding a network. From time to time it refuses to find any network until I do a battery pull, then it's fine for a few days.
    how much did u pay; wonder if they r worth getting..?

Carriers
    Bell
    T-mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I also have this device and have noticed the random resets, although I've been using it alot in non-4G areas so I thought maybe it was due to poor signal in my location.

Incidentally, the device I had went dead and I've called Rogers for a replacement. The one they sent me was a refurbished device - Is this normal for the carrier to replace a dead device with a refurb?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by debacle109 View Post
    I also have this device and have noticed the random resets, although I've been using it alot in non-4G areas so I thought maybe it was due to poor signal in my location.

Incidentally, the device I had went dead and I've called Rogers for a replacement. The one they sent me was a refurbished device - Is this normal for the carrier to replace a dead device with a refurb?
    Once its past the 30 day DOA period, its normal for them to replace it with a refurb.

Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by redcap1972 View Post
    I just purchased one from Rogers outright for 199.99 with LTE plan for 10.00 to share with my 6GB Blackberry 3G data package. The unit is just smaller than a deck of cards, has a battery life of 4-5 hours (included) with optional extended battery pack for 8-10 hours, and support up to 5 devices at one time. It has two external antenna ports on the back to acquire better signal. When the unit is in full LTE signal range, I can get 42MBit down. For now, Rogers capped it to 50MBit down for LTE but the unit supports LTE Category 3 which supports 100MBit. Thus, this unit can be use several years down the road when 100Mbit is ready to be deployed.
    I'm not sure if I understand you. So you're paying $10/month for your 754S to access data from your 6GB data package?

Yea, I read about the optional extended battery, but I don't know where to buy it from. Do you know where I can buy it from?

Feedback Score
    I bought one of these unlocked on Amazon.com for $150. I have used it in the US with an AT&T SIM. I am no trying to figure out what the best way to use this in Canada is - can I add an LTE SIM only data plan to my Blackberry plan? What about my wife's iPhone data plan?

Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Deleted my post.

Phone
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Will this unit also work in Europe and Asia? On Sierra Wireless's webpage, it shows that it works on the 1900mhz frequency UMTS . I do travel a lot and I've been thinking about buying two units (one for North America and the other for Europe and Asia). However, if the 754S works globally on 3G even though it's not quadband on 3G, that will still do if it saves me from buying two units.

Feedback Score
    I don't know what frequencies that they use in all countries but I think it should work in most countries. I was just in the UK for a few days and I have a 3 (which is a wireless company in the UK and elsewhere) microSIM that I have used in my iPad in the past although it has now expired and needs to be reloaded. I put this into my Sierra with an adapter and I was able to connect to the 3 network but I couldn't do anything since it needed reloading. I also couldn't figure out how to add more data. When I put this card in my ipad I can at least get to their carrier's web pages (three.co.uk) but I couldn't do this when I put the card in my Sierra.

Carriers
    Rogers Wireless
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Hi Sgt_Strider you can buy the Authentic AirCard Accessory for the Rogers LTE Rocket Mobile Hotspot (AirCard 754S) at http://www.sierrawireless.com/ROGERSaccessories.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast