Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HTC Rezound Release Thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

HTC Rezound Release Thread

Please use this thread to discuss the HTC Rezound.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5723
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    As I had been out of town, and sick, John did the review for the Rezound:
    http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/HT...-Review_id2894
    Hopefully I'll get it try it out soon.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Amazon wireless has this for $199 new contract/$229 renewal. Its also on back order but this might work nicely to give me the willpower to hold out for the nexus - I should be within the 14 day window still if gnex launches before December.

http://wireless.amazon.com/HTC-Rezou...=1321308903667

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    wow, the excitement over this phone is deafening.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    In the Pre-Release thread someone asked if the Rezound could do voice and 3G data at the same time. It can, just like the Thunderbolt and Breakout.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    In the Pre-Release thread someone asked if the Rezound could do voice and 3G data at the same time. It can, just like the Thunderbolt and Breakout.
    Yep! This phone is fantastic!! Great speeds and sweet screen as well as call quality.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    A bunch of us over on the XDA forums have noticed a background whining sound when using the music player. It's easier to hear when using wired earbuds (or soemone else said through their car audio system). I can hear it in the background when using any set of headphones (not just the included ones). It's easy to hear when changing songs, or if there is a quiet part and you have the volume all the way up.

I've also noticed the included web browser likes to randomly crash at times. I've installed Dolphin browser, so hopefully it won't crash.

Feedback Score

Pretty quiet here...

Wow, its pretty quiet here. I am trying to decide what to replace my original Droid with. I can;t deal with it anymore...

I was looking at RAZR, Bionic and Rezound. From reading, Rezound seems to have the fastest processor and highest res display. I don't care much about camera, I find call quality and reliability important. They all seem to have iffy battery life.

Maybe I'll run out later and look at one in the store. But the quietness here makes me wonder why no one seems to have one...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Probably because everyone is waiting for the Galaxy Nexus.
    That said, I bought one. The screen is stunning in person, and it's comfortable in the hand. Coming from a Droid X it is an improvement in every way so far.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just because the Rezound has a 1.5Ghz dual core processor doesn't mean the device is actually "faster" than a (motorola) with a 1.0 or 1.2Ghz dual-core. Yes, it has more Mhz, but there is a lot of other factors that come into play.
    Just for kicks, I ran Quadrant benchmark on the Bionic and Rezound, and the score was a bit higher on the Bionic.
    But when running AnTuTu benchmark, the Rezound got a slightly higher score.
    When running regular (non-benchmark) apps on them, they both seem about the same speed.

I agree that the reason it's dead in here is that most people are interested in the Droid Razr, and the Galaxy Nexus.
    With the Nexus only a few weeks away, most people are in a holding pattern to see how good (or bad) it will be
    before making any decisions on which one to purchase.

Feedback Score
    I bought one. I went onto FAUGuys web site and did a lot of reading. The phone finder said there were three phones that met my criteria, which was LTE and Android. I think i had one more, but I forget now. Anyhow, it listed the Rezound, the Razr and the Boinic. I know it forgot the Thunderbolt, and when I got to the store the guy told me there was one other, but I would not like it.

Anyhow, every time I buy a new phone its bigger than the prior one, which is a trend I do not like. The RZAR is thin for sure, but wider than the original Droid I was dumping. And the battery can not be changed. The Bionic seemed to be getting more than its share of bad reviews. The Rezound had no reviews, but it has the ability to accept an extended battery, has a very hi-res screen (a minor point for me) and, best of all, it can move data while I am talking under 3G. That's something I have been wanting forever, and I still don't have LTE at home.

My initial thoughts are positive, but not super. The display is great and the performance is just fine. Its all so much nicer than the old Droid. I am still setting it up and installing apps. Sadly, when I logged into my GMail account, it did not restore my apps.

So here is what I noticed.

Screen is outstanding. Performance is nice. LTS speed is 11 Mb/s down and 4 Mb/s up, which is amazing.

There are a few small issues I am still working through. First, it is a little bigger than my Droid, which i am not thrilled about. I think I have no choice on this, there are no smaller phones.

The power button is hard to find. It can't be easily felt, and in the dark (like driving at night) its hard to see. So waking it up is annoying. The soft keys on the bottom are flush and also can not be felt. They are back lit, but the red back light goes off, so even with dim lights, its hard to see which button is which.

I am told by the people I am talking to that the phone sounds fine. I had a long conversation today, about 90 minutes. This is why I like data to move while I'm on the phone. The audio quality was fine, but my ear sure hurt when I was done. I had the volume turned all the way up, but I didn't feel it was particularly loud. With the background noise I would have liked it louder.

Like the power switch, the volume rocker is also hard to feel and find, especially while talking.

The ringer is not super loud either.

I didn't like intelli-sense, so i replaced the hime launcher with Launcher Pro, which I like. I have also been experimenting with the Go Launcher, and will probably try a few others.

That's my brief report...

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I got mine last Tuesday, switched to Verizon, wife got the iPhone 4S to replace her iPhone 4 from AT&T.

In any case, aside from battery life which is easily the worst I can recall going back for some time now, I have no complaints. Service is great, LTE is wicked fast, I'm adjusting to Android, and call quality has been really solid.

Will probably root it and go with stock Ice Cream Sandwich when that time comes, so far I just haven't been impressed with "sense" it has taken me a lot of time to get things to work the way I want it.

That being said, the screen really is amazing, looks better than my wifes iPhone 4 (4S is on order).

Having nothing to compare it to other than my Blackberry Bold 9700 any real review I could give wouldn't have the proper perspective so I leave it at this...

Jeff

PS: I was holding out for the Galaxy Nexus but got tired of waiting and as more and more little things came out I was less and less impressed, other than Ice Cream Sandwich I think what I have will do just fine.
    HoFo Feedback

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    If any of you guys get web browser crashes/restarts, please let us know (as I got it on two Rezounds).
    Also, are you hearing any background whining sound when listening to music through headphones?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1352844
    I am, but only with wired headphones, not Stereo Bluetooth headphones.

Feedback Score
    A bunch of us over on the XDA forums have noticed a background whining sound when using the music player. It's easier to hear when using wired earbuds (or soemone else said through their car audio system). I can hear it in the background when using any set of headphones (not just the included ones). It's easy to hear when changing songs, or if there is a quiet part and you have the volume all the way up.

I've also noticed the included web browser likes to randomly crash at times. I've installed Dolphin browser, so hopefully it won't crash.
    I have noticed it during silence and it turned down when my phone is using data. In my case its the actually sound of LTE or EVDO, it sounds like its being transmitted through the wire but its not that noticeable most of the time. Try airplane mode and see what that does?

Feedback Score
    If any of you guys get web browser crashes/restarts, please let us know (as I got it on two Rezounds).
    Also, are you hearing any background whining sound when listening to music through headphones?
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1352844
    I am, but only with wired headphones, not Stereo Bluetooth headphones.
    Hm, I have not experienced either issue. I did do some browsing too, just to play with it. I spent time reading news sites and watching some video. I was also playing with Google Music, which seems like a pretty cool service so far. But, i was using ear buds from my iPod. I have not taken the ones that came with the phone out of the box yet, in case I decide to return the phone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast