Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HTC Panache Network Problem

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

HTC Panache Network Problem

Hi,
    I have HTC Panache and it has a constant problem of losing network... Say.. even if I am at very same spot, it will lose signal for some time and then suddenly come back after 2-3 minutes... but it's really frustrating... coz sometimes when u r texting to someone and it loses the network for 2-3 minutes...

and when I try to search for network, it always says "Error Searching for Network".. what the heck is that?????

Really.. I am very frustrated about this Error searching for network and losing network often...

Any solutions or idea that what is going on??!!
    $27.50/month with tax in:
    Unlimited:
    Text & Picture Messaging
    Local, Canadian and U.S. Long Distance
    Global Text Messaging
    Data & BIS
    Caller ID, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Call Forwarding, 3 Way Calling

Feedback Score
    No one has solved this problem and people have been trying to figure this one out for months. If you just purchased this phone, I highly suggest that you return for a refund if you still can. The HTC Panache has horrible/weak signal strength which is compounded by the disappearing network. No one has conclusively proved that the problem is with either the phone hardware, the phone software, the network, or any other factor. It's probably a combination of all those things. All we know that many Mobilicity customers are having serious problems with this model. This problem is widespread.

Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by computergeek541 View Post
    No one has solved this problem and people have been trying to figure this one out for months. If you just purchased this phone, I highly suggest that you return for a refund if you still can. The HTC Panache has horrible/weak signal strength which is compounded by the disappearing network. No one has conclusively proved that the problem is with either the phone hardware, the phone software, the network, or any other factor. It's probably a combination of all those things. All we know that many Mobilicity customers are having serious problems with this model. This problem is widespread.
    I agree, get the Nexus S instead.

Phone
    Motorola Razr HD (XT925)
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'm taking mine into the Scarborough town Centre, and going to send it out for 'repairs' - not that it'll help, but at least they'll do SOMETHING. I hope that STC will give me a decent LOANER phone, but I have my doubts.
    Take it back, and get the Nexus S... it doesn't have this problem.

EDIT: I'm calling HTC North America, to see what THEY have to say about this.

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    It's a known problem with Panache, just get another phone.

$25 Back-To-School Plan
    Unlimited Local Calling
    Unlimited SMS & MMS
    Unlimited Data
    Caller ID

$5 Call Features Add-on Bundle w/ FreePhoneLine Voicemail
    Call Waiting
    Call Forwarding
    3-Way Calling
    Voicemail

$2 PAC credit for life
    $20 port-in credit for 10 months

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    i have this phone since like 2 months.. but nowadays its happening more... so... cant return it..

and yes.. i m thinking to buy a nexus s for sure... lol...

Phone
    Motorola Razr HD (XT925)
    Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I've read that it's a POSSIBLE problem with the SIM card.
    I've been an hour and a half tonight with NO signal. I can't use my VOIP to check voicemail (someone here is using immense amounts of data, and rendering my phone #/PIN code unreadable ... which is a problem with VOIP services.)
    I'm going to get my SIM card replaced - and mark my words, I won't pay for it - tomorrow and see if that fixes it.

Feedback Score
    26.11.04.03 (RUU 2.19 glacier radio) is working much better for me than than 26.03.02.26 (t-mobile froyo radio), which was a complete nightmare. We're talking 1 drop in a 24 hour period vs. 15 that I could count. This is only based on 24 hours of observation and there's no way that I can determine if there were any network changes during that time period. And plus, my observations were based on Wind. I did also have the problem with Mobilicity before but didn't do any experimentation at that time.

Carriers
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I unlocked one and used it with a Rogers sim (I wanted to utilize the text message forwarding feature) and never had an issue with the signal dropping, just saying.

Carriers
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    RIM devices aside, the only handset that Mobi currently offers which isn't a complete and utter POS is the Nexus S. IMHO, grab the cheapest device you can get your hands on for now, and upgrade when the Galaxy Nexus drops.

So far I've personally confirmed that the following handsets suck:

Motorola Spice: Garbage
    Galaxy Mini: Awful, and stuck on horribly obsolete version of Android.
    Panache: Nice try, but signal loss issues and stuck on obsolete Android version.
    Samsung G-Touch: Dumbest Smartphone evAr.

The Nexus S was a total win though.... but with the newer version coming soon why drop $350 on something that's already old news?

Personally, since Mobi seems to have screwed Dave I think I'm going to return the favor by continuing to buy and return handsets within the return period until the next Nexus is released. On the bright side, there will be some "good as new" devices for others to buy on the cheap.

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DroogBC View Post
    RIM devices aside, the only handset that Mobi currently offers which isn't a complete and utter POS is the Nexus S. IMHO, grab the cheapest device you can get your hands on for now, and upgrade when the Galaxy Nexus drops.

So far I've personally confirmed that the following handsets suck:

Motorola Spice: Garbage
    Galaxy Mini: Awful, and stuck on horribly obsolete version of Android.
    Panache: Nice try, but signal loss issues and stuck on obsolete Android version.
    Samsung G-Touch: Dumbest Smartphone evAr.

The Nexus S was a total win though.... but with the newer version coming soon why drop $350 on something that's already old news?

Personally, since Mobi seems to have screwed Dave I think I'm going to return the favor by continuing to buy and return handsets within the return period until the next Nexus is released. On the bright side, there will be some "good as new" devices for others to buy on the cheap.

But galaxy nexus wont be in price range of $350 at all... its price will be around $550+ which i cant afford bcoz i just bought this crap recently.. and now i am not really confident in mobilicity's handsets as choices are limited and most of them are crappy as you have stated...

Feedback Score
    So basically if you have Nexus S, you have a more "reliable" service?

Phone
    HTC One X
    Carrier
    Koodo, WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carzzz View Post
    So basically if you have Nexus S, you have a more "reliable" service?
    More reliable than the Panache..

Phone
    LG Nexus 5 rooted, with Android 4.4 KitKat
    Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    The Nexus S has only an average radio compared to Blackberrys and Nokias, but it seems to be a lot better than the Panache. The Panache looks a lot better than the NS and has the usual htc "quality" feel, but the average user experience with it seems to be much more problematic for most.

Feedback Score
    Have no issue with my Panache from Mobilicity (except during the week when they were upgrading their netwrok). It's a very nice phone that I like it more now after 2 months of use. Perhaps the percentage of good Panache is lower than average, I guess, after reading a number of people having issues with the phone.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast