Thread: How long can I go between refills before I lose my phone number?

Feedback Score

How long can I go between refills before I lose my phone number?

I'm planning on going on vacation for a month out of the country, and I want to know how long can I go without getting a refill so I don't unnecessarily throw away money just trying to hold onto my phone number.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    This is what the Terms and Conditions says on the subject:

Refilling Your Account after Service End Date: If you do not buy and add Services prior to the Service End Date, your Straight Talk Service will be deactivated on the Service End Date, you will lose all unused Services (including minutes, text, Mobile Web Access and Service days) and you may lose your telephone number. If your Straight Talk phone is deactivated for failure to add Services before the Service End Date, you will need to provide your Straight Talk wireless phone’s IMEI/MEID DEC number in order to reactivate your service. If you have a phone with a prepaid engine, you can add an airtime card from this prepaid area. The prepaid engine is accessible from your phone display. Select the menu option and a selection titled “Prepaid” will display. You may add an airtime pin by selecting “Add Airtime” and following the prompts. This feature may not be available in all phone models. Please note that Straight Talk does not provide refunds for unused minutes, texts or Mobile Web Access.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phones
    Nokia E71
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    It's typically 30 days, but I wouldn't take any chances.

sent from my Straight Talk Samsung Infuse 4G using the Howard Forums app
    For instructions on using Androids with Straight Talk don't PM me....I don't usually answer....click here!
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...stop-asking%29

Feedback Score
    Sorry to res this thread, but I am curious about this as well

Have any of you ever lost your number? mine is very important to me, i've had it for 4 years.

Do you all do auto refill or do you wait a few days to get a card?

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Are you on the Unlimited plan? The refills go into reserve in that case, so you can buy it anytime and it won't renew early or anything like that. (http://www.straighttalk.com/Reserve)

I buy the 3 month refills since they are cheaper (despite having taxes) and I just set a Calendar alarm on my phone to alert me 2 10 days before the end of the 3 months to refill again.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjudge View Post
    Are you on the Unlimited plan? The refills go into reserve in that case, so you can buy it anytime and it won't renew early or anything like that. (http://www.straighttalk.com/Reserve)

I buy the 3 month refills since they are cheaper (despite having taxes) and I just set a Calendar alarm on my phone to alert me 2 10 days before the end of the 3 months to refill again.
    Yeah I was looking at the 3 month 6 month and year service packages online

Seems crazy to spend 1000 a year on cell phones, but that's life, right?

lol

Anyone figure out a way of getting around the taxes? They are super expensive on Ebay a Amazon, so that isn't really an option

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Nope, but the 3 month refills are like $43/mo despite the taxes.

Sent from my Atrix 4G

Feedback Score
    To answer the original question, on ST's Facebook wall a rep posted that you can go a max of 30 days between refills.