Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Straight Talk - 3G IMEI Generator - (demo)

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Straight Talk - 3G IMEI Generator - (demo)

Okay, so today I decided to write a generator to generate E71 or 6790 IMEIs for use on Straight Talk.

This IMEI generator is good for two types of people...

Type 1: For those who have a SIM card and want to activate it without buying an actual Straight Talk phone to activate, so they can use the SIM in an iPhone, Android, etc.

Type 2: For those who don't have a SIM and need an IMEI to have Straight Talk mail them one for free.

Now.. the downside is, this generator is actually generating real Straight Talk IMEIs and take in mind that if you use the IMEI of a phone you don't own, depending on where you live, this could be constituted as theft.

This is a DEMO only and what you do with the information provided to you is strictly under your own control, and I (deathtrip) as well as HowardForums can not be held accountable.

Removed the link for now.

Last edited by deathtrip; 11-17-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    So do this actually works!..

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it actually works.

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    DT, not trying to attack you personally but this seems somewhat retaliatory for all the MEID altering going on over in the Boost forum. Your going public with this information could result in Straight Talk discontinuing unlocked SIM cards or IMEI sweeping to eliminate this security flaw.

For anyone who doesn't understand what's going on here - DT's "generator" scans sequential IMEIs, looking for ones that are clear to activate. Clear to activate in this context means someone bought a Nokia smartphone and then never activated or let their service lapse. By asking Straight Talk to send you a SIM card, you're essentially stealing some random person's phone (since they'll no longer be able to activate once you activate your SIM).

Be warned: Straight Talk will have the address they sent the SIM to on file. They'll know where to send the authorities when the owner of the phone realizes what happened.

Carriers
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    ^+1
    This reeks of unethical behavior. Using your sim in a different phone is one thing. Using someone elses imei is something else entirely. To people thinking about doing this, DON'T BE A CHEAPSKATE! you can get a refurb e71 for $100. You can find them even cheaper on craigslist and ebay.

Sent from my motorola atrix using howard forums

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I posted this because Howard wanted to see the response in here from the members... and unethical? I guess you didn't get the memo... HowardForums isn't ran on ethics... it is all about information. Check out all the esn cloning threads in the Boost section..

I could post an ESN/imei generator for every provider if I wanted, I mean the rules clearly say I'm allowed to now.

Don't worry it won't be around for long.

And, as I said in my initial post, it could be constituted as theft. What you do with the IMEI is your problem... I just wanted to show what I made.

Also, to have them send you a SIM they just need the IMEI to make sure you get the right SIM. They do not tie the SIM and IMEI when sending the SIM to you unless you do the activation at that time, which you do not have to do.

Lastly, the Boost section is a joke. It is ran under different rules than the rest of the forum... so this isn't retaliation, it is information.

Sent from my PC36100

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Many people use a swapped Straight Talk SIM card because it's the only inexpensive way to use any of the iPhone models with a reasonable amount of 3G data, on prepaid. It's two days shy of a year since I pulled the WAP/MMS settings from the E71, and I'd hate to see this killed just to prove a point about Straight Talk's poor security.

Yes, you could probably write a script that spits out valid, unactivated Boost MEIDs too. I'm sure poor random people would love finding their unused Boost phone is tied to a junk account someone no longer wants and now requires a $5 reactivation fee. All in the name of better security, of course.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    Motorla V600 (retired)
    Sanyo 8100 (retired), Samsung SPH-a500(retired)
    Carrier
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    Maybe this will make them reconsider sim only service?
    Last edited by MacFrog; 11-17-2011 at 12:18 PM.
    -Ben

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    Yes, you could probably write a script that spits out valid, unactivated Boost MEIDs too. I'm sure poor random people would love finding their unused Boost phone is tied to a junk account someone no longer wants and now requires a $5 reactivation fee. All in the name of better security, of course.
    Heh, I made that last year. I gave out ESNs all the time for people who wanted to do free activations. The funny thing is, you can go to over a dozen Boost Stores and write the MEID down from each package and go home and do the same thing.

The thing is, according to the forum staff... it's perfectly okay to do this because what one does with the information once they receive it is their own problem.

You have to remember one thing... Just because I supply information to things doesn't mean I'm condoning illegal activity. I am sharing information... just like how years ago I did satellite hacking, and got into ESN cloning, etc.

I figured out how to clone EVDO (mifi/usb/pci) devices before probably 99% of the rest of the people who did... without ever touching the ESN. Didn't see me spreading that info everywhere.

Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    I don't have a service with ST and i never had. If i generate one IMEI and call ST to send me a new SIM stating my current SIM is not working then to which address they will send it? So I don't think this method can be used for the "Type 2" category in OP.

Feedback Score
    My daughter is current ST customer. I wonder if something happens with her Nokia E5, and she will need the other one, can i give her any GSM Nokia E5 (for example bought or presented me as a gift in other country) and will she be able to activate it at Straight Talk? Or she must buy the phone only at Walmart or at Straight Talk?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Umm, what?

If you don't have ST service and want them to send you a SIM card... just generate an IMEI... call ST, tell them you're not a current customer but will be signing up in a few days. Tell them you need them to send you a SIM card because you ordered a phone off Ebay that didn't come with one. They'll ask for the IMEI of the phone, you tell them the one that was generated, and they'll ask for your address to send the card.

You can even do so with a USED/ACTIVE IMEI (as I did) and still get a new/unused/unactivated SIM in the mail.

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/5.1.172/24.1084; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 400X240 Samsung SCH-U820)

I honestly have no intention of using this because basically I don't think it's worth the risk, yes you could say I'm the type of person who doesn't like to take chances.

However my 'curious by nature' personality has me wondering a couple of things.

1. I recently ordered a refurb E71 that I ended up returning, but, every time I called ST I had to not only give the IMEI but also verify my personal info like name & address. So if someone called with one of these IMEI #'s wouldn't ST need the caller to verify the information associated with that IMEI?
    2. How does the IMEI Generator issue the IMEI's? For example if I use it & get an IMEI then another person uses it 10 minutes later do they get the same IMEI? Or does it pick them randomly so 2 people don't end up calling ST with the same IMEI.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1: If you're not a customer, you can't verify anything. You are a soon to be new customer who bought a phone without a SIM card... that's all.

2: The IMEI generator randomly generates IMEIs and verifies if it's active... that's all.

If it generates a clean one for you, and then in 10 minutes it generates it again for someone else, that means it was clean for it to be done a 2nd time.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Is there any control in the software to prevent duplicate IMEIs if that IMEI was issued and has not been used to get a SIM card yet?
    Earl F. Parrish

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast