Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Casio Ravine 2 Official Release Thread

Feedback Score
    How to setup Casio G’zOne Ravine 2 with custom mp3 sounds as “ringtones”.
    - Verizon/Casio have “ringtones” which user must purchase online, then there is “contact ID” sounds which can be user installed. This deals with the Contact ID, don’t confuse the terminology.
    - Requirements are: Casio G’zOne Ravine 2, MicroSD card, mp3 files. Suggest keep files under 20 seconds long.
    - Used Roxio Sound Editor v7 to make mp3 clips of favorite sounds and stored them in a PC folder.
    - Connect MicroSD card to PC and copy the mp3’s to the card.
    - Install the MSD card in the phone.
    - On the Ravine 2 go to “MediaCenter” then “3. Tunes & Tones”; select “2. MySounds”. The list of loaded mp3s should show.
    - Scroll to the desired Tune/Tone and Select “Set as”, then “2. Contact Id”.
    - The Contact list is displayed. Navigate to the desired contact and, when highlighted, press “OK”. The mp3 will be assigned. To verify go into the Contact List from the main screen, navigate to the Contact that was modified, select “Edit” and scroll down. The mp3 name should be shown in “Ringtone”.
    - Note when configuring the Sounds in the Casio suggest set the Default ring also.
    - To insure the phone will perform as expected: From the Main Screen, Settings & Tools, “7. Sound Settings”, “2. Call Sounds”, “3. Caller ID”, “1. Ring Only”.

Phones
    i605
    Ravine 2 C781
    Blackberry 9930
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Belt clip

Has anyone found a belt clip for the ravine 2?
    I have thus far been unsuccessful in locating one.
    I found the body glove case and some generic holsters but, no dedicated clip.
    I found belt clips for the c751 (original ravine) but, none for the c781.
    Thanks for the help!

Feedback Score
    As luck would have it my old Palm Treo belt case was among the litter on my desk. It fits the Casio perfectly. Try your local Mall. Most places have a kiosk that sells many, many cases/belt clips.

Phones
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Samsung u370; Casio Ravine 2
    ;; broken: LG VX8700 (blank screen) and Motorola E815 (broken hinge)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    We are considering purchasing a second Ravine 2 in a few weeks and have been very pleased with our first one.

We're slightly hesitant because of mainly two issues reported by what seems so far like a minority of the customers reviews at verizonwireless.com:
    - phone reboots
    - inner screen either dies completely, turns grey, or becomes inverted

Has anyone experienced these issues or known anyone who has experienced these issues ? I tried searching elsewhere for customer reviews and found only a handful of reviews (that didn't shed any light on these reported issues) at cnet.com, phonearena.com, phonescoop.com, bestbuy.com, and wirelesszone (link)
    Last edited by Matt_; 07-08-2012 at 01:11 PM.
    (1) "Tutorial: Making Album Art Work (Most LG phones)" (link)
    (2) "MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity" (link)

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have a clock issue with their Ravine 2? The displayed time(s) randomly jump ahead an hour and 12 minutes. This happens several times a week. I can make it revert back by either power cycling the phone or switching the phone to GSM mode and back to CDMA mode in the phone settings. Anyways, I got tired of waking up an hour and 12 minutes before the cell phone was supposed to wake me up in the morning, so I called Verizon in February 2012. The guy said it was a known software issue and Casio would fix the problem with a software update in the future. He said they typically support basic phones with software updates for one year after release. Flash forward 6 months, still no software update. I called Verizon again and explained the problem. This time, the support tech said it does NOT show up as a known issue, so he forwarded me to the warranty department. The warranty department said maybe the internal battery in my phone is dead. So, they sent me a like-new replacement. Guess what? Same problem. It turns out, a co-worker of mine has the same problem. Anyone else out there have this problem? If so, reply to this forum AND report the issue to Verizon. That will force them to focus on fixing this problem.

Phones
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    One of Ravine2 is from January or February. A few days after purchasing it, the phone alerted us that it detected that an over-the-air software update was available. The factory installed firmware on it is WC781VWB878F.252, and the firmware update that the phone downloaded is WC781VWB885F.252

Our second Ravine2 is a few weeks old, and the factory installed firmware has the same identification number as the firmware update on the first Ravine2

The family member using the first unit hasn't ever reported to me that she's seen this bug, and she relies often on the phone to find out the current time. I haven't noticed this bug so far on the second unit even when the phone was in both airplane mode and in an unactivated status for about a week. In addition, I've used the alarm a few times to wake me up and have not observed the alarm ringing because of the phone having the wrong current time.

I've been trying to think of something that we might be doing differently than you to cause us to not have this problem so far.

What firmware does your phone have ?
    'Menu --> 'Settings & Tools' --> 'Phone Info' --> 'SW/HW Version'

Is the country set for the U.S. ?
    'Menu --> 'Settings & Tools' --> 'Phone Settings' --> 'Current Country'

The only other thing I can think of to mention is that under 'Network Mode' we keep the phone always set to 'CDMA Mode'

I don't know if it'd be worth a try to report this bug at Verizon's forum:
    https://community.verizonwireless.co...eature/content

Phones
    V3mM Seem Edited
    V750 (Da Mans)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    mwstretch-
    Had a very similar problem while traveling. My phone linked to a tower that was an hour ahead of the local time.
    Wasn't till I was at the airport and noticed the time difference.
    May want to check with the provider that controls the nearest tower and let them know the issue.

Feedback Score
    My firmware is newer than both of yours. It's WC781VWB885N.252. I wonder what the N means. Perhaps it's software specifically for my locality and time zone? I called Verizon again and filed a ticket with their tier 2 support. They're going to see if it's something wrong with the local network. He also gave me Casio's number if perhaps I want to report it and find out if it's a known software issue. You'd think Verizon would call Casio for me!

Feedback Score

N firmware

My firmware is newer than both of yours. It's WC781VWB885N.252. I wonder what the N means. Perhaps it's software specifically for my locality and time zone? I called Verizon again and filed a ticket with their tier 2 support. They're going to see if it's something wrong with the local network. He also gave me Casio's number if perhaps I want to report it and find out if it's a known software issue. You'd think Verizon would call Casio for me!

Phones
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    mwstretch:

In light of what FriendlyViper observed, I have an idea.

If you're sometimes in a roaming area and your Ravine 2 is grabbing information including this erroneous time, maybe this might prevent it:

Menu -> Phone Settings -> System Select -> CDMA Settings -> Home Only

The default setting is 'Automatic'.

After you change the settings, I've noticed that eventually the phone resets the setting to the default setting; this seems to be caused by powering the phone off then on or by using *228
    In other words, if changing this setting helps, you'll need to keep an eye now and then for the phone undoing the change.

Phones
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Question discontinued ?

On Verizon's website the status of the Ravine 2 had been out of stock for about the last week or so. Today the Ravine 2 is not listed among the available non-smartphones.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt_ View Post
    On Verizon's website the status of the Ravine 2 had been out of stock for about the last week or so. Today the Ravine 2 is not listed among the available non-smartphones.
    Maybe an updated version being released in the near future?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4