Thread: AirFire mobile

Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score

AirFire mobile

I searched for any info on AirFire mobile but couldn't find any. I think they have a great coverage and they have the cheapest unlimited plan. Can somebody answer the following?

1. Can i use an iphone with them?
    2. Why there are no info about AirFire in Howardforums?

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    1. Probably, if you know what you are doing. it's 1900 GSM so an unlocked AT&T iPhone would be compatible. If you read their terms of service page they say they support BYOD but you are on your own in getting it to work. Data setup can be a PITA on iPhones.

2. As a new service from a small regional operator with native coverage limited to some relatively underpopulated parts of Wisconsin It's of limited interest to most users on a continent wide forum like HoFo. You need to be in their native coverage area to activate and the "...primary use of your device must be within the AirFire Mobile owned network. We reserve the right to deny, terminate, suspend, modify or disconnect service if more than 50% of your voice and/or data usage is on a partner network." from TOS page
    My site: PrepaidPhoneNews.com My other sites: wapreview.com, boostapps.com

Carrier
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    1. Probably, if you know what you are doing. it's 1900 GSM so an unlocked AT&T iPhone would be compatible. If you read their terms of service page they say they support BYOD but you are on your own in getting it to work. Data setup can be a PITA on iPhones.

2. As a new service from a small regional operator with native coverage limited to some relatively underpopulated parts of Wisconsin It's of limited interest to most users on a continent wide forum like HoFo. You need to be in their native coverage area to activate and the "...primary use of your device must be within the AirFire Mobile owned network. We reserve the right to deny, terminate, suspend, modify or disconnect service if more than 50% of your voice and/or data usage is on a partner network." from TOS page
    Thanks for the reply.

I didn't realize that it is only in WI. Do you know whether their mobile web is 3G or EDGE?

Carriers
    PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afsalva View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

I didn't realize that it is only in WI. Do you know whether their mobile web is 3G or EDGE?
    I'm guessing no. I couldn't find any reference to 3G on their site.

AirFire used to be called Einstein PCS and was owned by Airadigm Communications, which according to this article http://www.jsicapitaladvisors.com/th...-airadigm.html went broke. Airadigm assets were acquired by it's biggest creditors TDS Telecommunications (the parent of US Cellular) and the FCC. TDS is operating it as an independent subsidiary.