Thread: Go-phone sim card

Feedback Score

Go-phone sim card

I was thinking of buying an unlocked Nokia E5 (which is a smartphone), where or how can I buy a go-phone sim card and would it work in the new unlocked phone. I would like to use the $50 unlimited talk, text and web.

Feedback Score
    Just go to any AT&T store and ask for the $50 unlimited gophone plan. Don't show or tell them that you plan to use a Nokia E5 as then they might ask you to buy a data plan separately. I have a Nokia N8 and did the same. When the sales rep asked me what what phone I was planning to use, I gave him the model number of some nokia dumbphone and said that I didn't have the phone with me at that time.

If you recharge the $50 plan at the store, you will get the sim card for free. Otherwise they charge a fee for the sim (I don't remember exactly how much)

BTW Nokia smartphones work great on the $50 unlimited plan. I get peak speeds of upto 3mbps and average of 1mbps. And I have downloaded upto 7 gb per month without any problems or calls from AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsmbry View Post
    I was thinking of buying an unlocked Nokia E5 (which is a smartphone), where or how can I buy a go-phone sim card and would it work in the new unlocked phone. I would like to use the $50 unlimited talk, text and web.

Feedback Score
    Do you get a sim card when you buy the $50 unlimited plan and how is it activated?

Feedback Score
    Just go to an AT&T store and tell them that you need to subscribe to gophone but don't need a new phone with that as you already have your own. They will give you a SIM card and you will be asked to pay for the first charge of the $50 plan. It is as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsmbry View Post
    Do you get a sim card when you buy the $50 unlimited plan and how is it activated?

Feedback Score
    E5 may or may not work on said plan. Depends on what type of Symbian it is. Symbian 3 unlocked/unbranded Nokia phones have universally been proven to work on that plan. Other Symbian versions including 60 have failed. Other phones known to work are non Att Androids. Blackberries, Iphones and most Web OS devices fail. All Att smartphones fail.

Feedback Score
    Well before buying my N8, I was using a Nokia N86 on the $50 plan and it also worked fine. AFAIK the N86 runs S60 3rd Edition FP2, the same as the E5, so it should also work fine. The only caveat is that it should be an unlocked phone and not one bought from AT&T.