Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

iPhone won't connect to computer!

I have had my iphone for a few months and it has worked perfect up until about a week ago. It will not connect to my computer anymore. It will charge both in the wall or on the computer but will not connect so I can transfer pictures and use itunes. When I plug it in the phone does that beep telling me its connected but the computer pops up a message saying "USB not recognized" I tried all the USB ports on my computer and others in my house. Any advice or answers???

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    I would start with my computer. Since the computer says USB is not recognized, I would first, reboot my computer and see if that resolves the USB issue.
    Q: Would you patronize a streetwalker?

A: No, I would treat her as an equal.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Try a different cable.

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Tried both. Im guessing since the phone wont connect to other computers that its not the computer, its something with the phone Plus it charges just fine with my cable.

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm943 View Post
    Try a different cable.
    Good advice too.

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nweeks909 View Post
    Tried both. Im guessing since the phone wont connect to other computers that its not the computer, its something with the phone Plus it charges just fine with my cable.
    Might be USB ports? Have you tried other devices like a camera or maybe a media player?

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I use a wireless mouse and it works fine. I tried plugging the phone into that port to no avail. Its gotta be the phone. I read on the net that this has happened to others was just hoping to find some answers.

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I use a wireless mouse and it works fine. I tried plugging the phone into that port to no avail. Its gotta be the phone. I read on the net that this has happened to others was just hoping to find some answers.
    Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Feedback Score
    Yes, I use a wireless mouse and it works fine. I tried plugging the phone into that port to no avail. Its gotta be the phone. I read on the net that this has happened to others was just hoping to find some answers
    check your settings its possible one is misconfigured

Carrier
    AT&T or compatible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doolie View Post
    Have you tried rebooting the phone?
    Also, more information about the model of iPhone, the OS version you are running, if you are Jail Broken or not, might help with troubleshooting. There are a ton of reasons for a USB not recognized message to display with your computer. It may not even be the iPhone.

It's easy to jump to conclusions and completely jump over the problem, ignoring the solution. Slow down, one step at a time.

Feedback Score
    Pretty hard to troubleshoot without any info about the computer. I would try reinstalling iTunes.

Feedback Score
    After this ridiculous registration I am finally able to help you all! I had recently bought a iPhone 3gs. It would not connect to my computer. I searched the web to no avail, I couldnt find anything. I am almost certain I have solved my own problem and hope to help someone else. I was at a loss. Had no idea what to do... I remembered Jailbreaking my phone and so I decided to try setting my phone into DFU mode. After setting the phone in DFU mode(youtube.com/watch?v=Ufw0vAEEI8M) Here is the way to do it. After setting it into DFU mode I was able to install a driver for my iPhone. Then I was able to restore the iPhone on iTunes. I am currently restoring the iPhone and I am fairly certain that this has fixed the problem. Now I can have my music!!!! Hope this helps someone!

EDIT: You can also just go into your start menu and type Driver and select the iPhone and update the driver.
    Last edited by Ifoundtheanswer; 08-08-2012 at 06:30 PM.