Thread: Transferring iPhone 4S contacts to Blackberry Bold

Feedback Score

Transferring iPhone 4S contacts to Blackberry Bold

Hello

I just switched from an iPhone 4S to a Blackberry Bold..both on the Verizon Wireless network. I want to know if there is a way I can transfer my contacts. I am using the BES Server for work emails and i couldn't find a way to export my contacts from my Address Book on my mac to the Microsoft Outlook contacts.

If someone has a solution to this, please let me know.

Thanks!

Shelveen

Phones
    Iphone 3gs
    Iphone3g
    Iphone (1st Gen)
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I hope this is not considered off post, but why did you leave IOS for BB?
    --1906!--

Feedback Score
    The emails were much faster...battery life...an actual keyboard...much more reliable emails...more secure...BES server...i was a blackberry user for 14 years, when verizon came with the iPhone i switched over and had it for about 1.5 years....couldnt wait until i could upgrade again and get back to blackberry.

Iphone is a good phone for social people, but not for business users. The battery life on the iPhone is horrible. I get about 400-500 business emails a day. I even bought a mophie device for the iPhone and the battery still didn't last me through one day.

Let me know if you have any other questions

Carrier
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The easiest way is to sync your contact from 4S to Google via Google Sync, then sync it back to Blackberry same way. Google Sync is available for both iOS and BBOS:

http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Fluid's: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9930; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.0.254 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Another vote for Google Sync. Easy to use, and should work perfectly for what you need. I did this when I came back to BlackBerry from and iPhone as well.
    Current Device: White Out Moto X 32GB
    THE RULES!
    Please report all inappropriate posts by clicking the dark triangle at the bottom of the post.

Phones
    BB 9810 is primary
    BB 9810
    Verizon Motorola Km1
    Carriers
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Another Google vote, but you can also sync to Outlook.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shelveensingh View Post
    The emails were much faster...battery life...an actual keyboard...much more reliable emails...more secure...BES server...i was a blackberry user for 14 years, when verizon came with the iPhone i switched over and had it for about 1.5 years....couldnt wait until i could upgrade again and get back to blackberry.

Iphone is a good phone for social people, but not for business users. The battery life on the iPhone is horrible. I get about 400-500 business emails a day. I even bought a mophie device for the iPhone and the battery still didn't last me through one day.

Let me know if you have any other questions
    Verizon has not had the iPhone for one and one-half years. They just got the iPhone in February of this year. The iPhone 4S was just released in October of this year.
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Google sync? Why & not so secure.

Simplest solution. If corp has active sync enabled add the iPhone. Wait 5mins. Then check in your address book (outlook or domino) then activate the Bold. Contacts will be there. Solution complete. No need for a third party solution.

Ps. If you're talking about bold 9900 battery life is worse that iPhone 4/4S throughout the day of 400-600 emails an calls and music and keeping WLAN on. I've used 2 iPhones vs 2x 9900's. iPhone came out on top. I've ensured BES optimization and latest exchange patches. I'll go as far I say battery life is dependent on network and the amount of power the phone of our choices is is usin to reach the tower.
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

Feedback Score
    Just try to Sync your phone using active Sync or Google sync after that you can see all of your email addresses and other info will update then you can transfer it to your blackberry bold.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Verizon has not had the iPhone for one and one-half years. They just got the iPhone in February of this year. The iPhone 4S was just released in October of this year.
    Not fear everyone, Sherlock Holmes is on the case

Carriers
    Fido (Snoopy's Dog House)
    Feedback Score
    In all onesty, google sinc is garbage. why people are recommending it is beyond me, if you have address like 123 main street, toronto, ontario, google sync will concatenate it all into one field, your address book will be mucked up. since your going from iphone to berry, you have an enterprise account, the easiest thing to do is put your address book on your exchange email account, so every time you save a contact on iphone it syncs it with your primary exhchange mail box, then when u switch to black berry, if you have exchange, your address book will sync wirelessly back to your black berry. if you ever switch back and make a change to your contact with your iphone, lets say change the tel number, you are modifying the contact on your exchange address book so the minute you put the sim card back in the blackberry, the address book will be sync'd back to your bb and you will have the correct contact on your blackberry just like that, its so easy.
    My Feedback
    I put the "Ho" back in "HOFO"

Phone
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I hated Google Sync. I suffered with mis-formatted contacts causing duplicates, triplicates, and even whatever comes after triplicates. Quadricates?

A lot of carrier stores can transfer your contacts cross-platform via a little machine they have behind the counter.

Phones
    Zed 30, Z10, 9900, 9780, 8530, W995a, u8a, w508, w980, w380a and a few Z710s
    then: v635, F3, v360, v551, v557, v180, v300, v400, v600, v3, v3T, K1, L7, W370, Z525, N1200, P168+
    It all started with a Nokia 3360
    Carrier
    au revoir Robbers... bonjour Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henniee View Post
    1) Plug in Blackberry to computer
    2) Run Blackberry desktop software
    3) Choose which software to sync contacts with (Outlook, Address Book etc...)
    4) Sync Blackberry to that software
    5) Unplug Blackberry
    6) Plug in Iphone....make sure that auto sync is turned off...
    7) On INFO tab in Itunes....check sync contacts...use same program
    8) Sync Iphone..
    9) Iphone will ask if you want to merge or replace data...select merge

That's it!
    You can also follow the tutorial below.
    How to Transfer Contacts from BlackBerry to iPhone
    36 months late... not too bad I'd say.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TadMorose View Post
    The easiest way is to sync your contact from 4S to Google via Google Sync, then sync it back to Blackberry same way. Google Sync is available for both iOS and BBOS:

It can work from BB to IOS too right?
    "A short saying often contains much wisdom." steve barbarich