Thread: PC Suite & drivers for Pantech Link 7040

Feedback Score

PC Suite & drivers for Pantech Link 7040

I got the Pantech link 7040, great little phone that has the features that I wanted in a basic phone. I downloaded the pc suite from Pantech and installed it. I have a USB cable for the link, and connected the phone. I'm getting a driver install error every time and the phone doesn't show as connected under the pantech pc suite software. Bluetooth I was able to get a dun connection, but the pc suite doesn't recognize that either when i'm trying to connect the phone via pc suite. I'm trying to install it on windows 7 64 bit. Does anyone know where I can get the correct drivers or how they were able to get around this error. I wanted to utilize the pc suite to synch with my microsoft outlook to get the most out of the features of the Link.

Feedback Score
    The PC suite is not compatible with windows 7. Even if you try to install it in "compatibility mode" it will not work. I have been on the lookout for a driver that would work with windows 7 but havent found anything yet.

Feedback Score
    can anyobody telll me which software i have to install to connect my pantech 7040 on my pc i have windows XP. system `and i need to install games and applications please help me

Feedback Score

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bonorz View Post
    The PC suite is not compatible with windows 7. Even if you try to install it in "compatibility mode" it will not work. I have been on the lookout for a driver that would work with windows 7 but havent found anything yet.
    Thanks..... it's a shame that they don't update their software and drivers. It seems to be a pretty popular because this really is an amazing little phone for basic functionality. Priced right, great look, and with the right software would be pretty effective to meet most peoples needs I don't understand how they can still sell this product and not support windows 7 or 64 bit drivers. I was able to get the drivers that come with the install for pc suite to recognize the phone by installing the drivers in compatibility mode in the drivers folder. Unfortunately it only allows me to recognize it as a USB mass storage device, and music player which is step further. I still haven't been able to find a way to get the PC suite to now pick it up.

Feedback Score

[solved!]

Use the Pantech II usb drivers!

Feedback Score

Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly_tiger View Post
    Use the Pantech II usb drivers!
    Thanks for the info worked like a charm exact procedure below for those with windows 7 64 bit & Pantech Link 7040:

1. Download Link II & Regular Link software from Pantech site.
    2. Install Link II software first after full install plug in your phone using a USB cable. All drivers will now install for the phone. Unplug the phone after the software installs.
    3. Uninstall Link II PC suite software. This will not work with the Link, and restart the computer.
    4. Install the Link 7040 software as administrator, and connect your phone and the software will now say it is connected and will work.

Thanks to hillbilly for the info.

Feedback Score
    and anybody can help meee ????

Feedback Score

From Pantech

Quote Originally Posted by ideali View Post
    and anybody can help meee ????
    You can download the pc suite software and drivers from Pantech. In terms of games and apps and such I believe all that is locked down by ATT so you'll have to get that stuff from them on your phone. I wouldn't know how to unlock the phone and install a more open OS on there that would allow you to install stuff yourself.

You can download the pc suite software and drivers from the link below. There shouldn't be an issue if you are installing it on XP.

http://www.pantechusa.com/support/link

Hope this helps

Feedback Score
    There's nothing that works. Phone is P.O.S.