Thread: Bluetooth for LG 800g tracfone

Feedback Score

Bluetooth for LG 800g tracfone

I am having trouble figuring out the bluetooth capability of my 800g. I don't have a headset. What I want to do is to transfer pictures from my 800g to my Mac Laptop (with bluetooth). Does my 800g have that capability? When talking to someone at Tracfone Customer Service, I was told that bluetooth only functioned with a headset but I have read elsewhere that I should be able to transfer from my 800g directly to my laptop but I have tried with no success. If not possible, so be it; just another example of Tracfone overstating the capability of its phones. However, if it should be possible, I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to do it.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I've done ith with a PC, never a Mac. And also have you tried transferring by USB cable?

Okay, back to bluetooth. Are you paired with the Mac? Can your LG800 see the Mac and the Mac see the LG800?

Here it is for a PC:

From the Home screen, Menu (blue die) > swipe to bluetooth (second screen) > bluetooth

Does the Mac show as one of your paired devices? If not, turn bluetooth on and pair them.

Do you need help with these steps?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your help. After realizing that it was possible, i used your suggestions and after a few unsuccessful efforts, managed to pair the devices and send a photo from 800g to Mac laptop. Wow!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmlogan View Post
    Thanks for your help. After realizing that it was possible, i used your suggestions and after a few unsuccessful efforts, managed to pair the devices and send a photo from 800g to Mac laptop. Wow!
    Glad I could help.

After you are done, remember to turn bluetooth off. Bluetooth drains the battery very quickly.

Feedback Score
    it took me a few tries in Windows 7 as well, I had to make the phone discoverable

Settings (dice) > second page > bluetooth > settings > My Device Visibility. making the device visible allows it to connect to other devices more easily.

alternately, you can add the Bluetooth to the desktop (home screen, whatever you want to call it) like I did. click the blue up arrow symbol above your shortcut bar at the bottom of the screen, scroll till you find bluetooth. clicking it will dump it to the home screen.

Feedback Score
    I've paired two LG800Gs and LG800G with BT headset ....... always seems to take a few tries for me, so it's not just you. I wonder if we're doing something wrong of if that's just the way it is ..... feedback on this from anyone else please?

Happy Holidays!

Feedback Score
    I recently bought the LG800G (Tracfone) and was interested in using the Bluetooth function to talk to others; not for PC connection, etc.
    I was wondering if anyone could direct me to the best place to purchase a headset that would work with my LG800G (Tracfone)?
    Thanks for any help.

P.S. Sorry if I am not supposed to post on this thread. If so, just remove my post. Txs

Feedback Score
    This is old thread, for probably an older phone now, but now I decided to buy a Bluetooth USB dongle for my Windows 7 system to finally connect the LG800G. Dongle choices run from Bluetooth 2.0 to at least Bluetooth 4. Has anybody run into an incompatibility problem using the LG800G with Bluetooth 4 on PC? Recommendation of compatible USB Dongles appreciated.Thanks.