Feedback Score

Can I download photos from my iPad 2 to my laptop?

Over the summer I started downloading photographs directly to our iPad. In the past I had first loaded them onto our laptop and then transferred them to the iPad. Now, I am wondering if I can take what I first put on the iPad and move them to the laptop. Does anyone regularly do this? Or, do you know if it can be done?
    Thanks.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Motorola Q9 Global (retired after three years)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yes it can be done try going through iTunes because I'm not sure of the exact steps that are needed.
    1,000 posts 2:52 p.m March 11th, 2007
    2,000 posts 8:24 a.m February 24th, 2008

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    If the iPad behaves like the iPhone, your computer will recognize the iPad as a camera and allow you to access the photographs stored on the device when connected to the computer.

Sent from my GTablet-TnT-Lite using HowardForums
    Earl F. Parrish

Phones
    iPhone 4S 64GB (foreign SIM unlocked)
    Motorola V360 (Unlocked)
    Carrier
    Sprint, Rogers
    Feedback Score
    There are two methods I am aware of:

1) As @efparri mentioned above is to connect the iPad 2 to your computer via the USB cable. Your iPad 2 will appear as a camera device and you will be able to use Windows Explorer to browse the photos.

2) If you are running iOS 5.0+, Windows Vista or 7 and utilize the PhotoStream feature of iCloud, you can install the iCloud Control Panel on your laptop and all photos you take on the iPad 2, or download to it via the Apple Camera kit, will be copied to your laptop and stored in a PhotoStream sub-directory under "My Pictures". In addition, there is also an "Upload" directory created by the iCloud Control Panel installer that will take any photos dropped into it and send them to your iCloud PhotoStream thus sharing them with all your "i" devices that are connected to iCloud. I have found this particularly useful to quickly get photos from my laptop onto my iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
    --
    I support the right to keep and arm bears.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score
    If you are talking about pictures in the Camera Roll, then yes, they can be transferred easily as described above.

If you're talking about pictures outside the Camera Roll (in the Photo Library or a subordinate photo album), those are sync'ed one way from the computer to the iOS device and cannot be transferred the other way from the iOS device to a computer.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Feedback Score
    When you connect your ipad to your computer, if you are a mac guy, open iphoto, and the pad will show as a device, and you can upload the photoes. If you are a pc guy, open the device, and import the pictures to wherever you keep your photos on the pad. Neither of these involves itunes.
    More reviews about iPad Photo Transfer:
    For PC: How to transfer photos/pictures from iPad to Windows
    For Mac: How to transfer photos/pictures from iPad to Mac
    Hope them can help you a lot...
    Last edited by winlinyin; 12-12-2011 at 08:31 AM.