Thread: LG Optimus V can't place or receive calls

Phone
    LG Optimus F3
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

LG Optimus V can't place or receive calls

My phone won't make or receive calls. When trying to dial out, it just hangs on "dialing" and then says "call lost". If you call my phone, it doesn't ring. I also don't have 3G data.

My VM account is in good standing. I called tech support (from my landline). Was on the phone for about an hour, had me do a bunch of things, including factory data reset. Still not fixed. Useless.

In About Phone>Status>Mobile Network State it says "Disconnected". That's about the only clue I have.

Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    I remember having a similar kind of problem with my LG Optimus V, a couple of months back, expect that I could place calls but there was no data and the 3g symbol wasn't showing up. I didn't call up Virgin Mobile customer support but decided to wait it out (maybe a cell tower problem. I thought), but then the next day I gave up and did a factory reset, but that didn't really help, so I did another trick. I dialed ##VIRGIN# (##847446#) and wrote down the numbers that I saw, I then re-entered them and reprogrammed my phone, and it restarted and everything worked like a charm. BTW, Did you try the phone in different areas of your town/city and it still didn't work? The best way would be if you could borrow a VM phone from someone and test it, then you would know for a fact that it's not the network but the phone.

Feedback Score
    Hay TCG, that ##VIRGIN# or ##847446# trick? What exactly is that? What does it do? and how does it fix the problem. I still have friends that use VM and if their phones bugger up, this sounds like a good trick for fixing things, just don't know what its doing when it does it.
    Thanks for any information in advance.

ST to IPhone http://howardforums.com/bYd8e
    ST to Android http://howardforums.com/Xael3
    ST to Windows Phone http://howardforums.com/MMuZH
    Tracfone CS at 800-876-5753 or 800-626-4883
    Phone Number for Google Customer Service. 18558363987

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thread on Android devices, meet the Android devices subforum, where all discussion specific to Android devices belongs.

Become a Premium Member
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Phone
    LG Optimus F3
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sorry... didn't see the sub-forum... thanks for moving.

Anyway, it turns out that my phone has stopped connecting to the VM network at one particular area. Even though I have signal bars showing. (the bars fluctuate from 0 to 5). The tech guy said if I have bars that means I'm on the network, but he didn't ask if I had the "3G" icon showing, which it wasn't, and also in About Phone>Status>Mobile Network State it says "Disconnected". He should have asked about that stuff I think before wiping my phone as that did nothing. If I drive a few miles away from this area, I can make and receive calls and have 3G.

That ##847446# thing was either what he had me do or very similar about 4 times. He also had me delete and re-enter some stuff (SID maybe?) All of which did nothing. The guy just kept insisting that I was connected to the network and it wasn't a network problem.

Does this sound like a network problem or a phone problem?

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I once had a similar issue around the release of the Triumph. The best you can do is call Customer Service to let them know you're having issues and would have them dealt with sooner or later...it also helps to have a paper trail.

Sent from my Wildfire S

Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had that problem months ago, seemed to correct itself after a day or two only to pop up a week or two later, went away after a few times. I think it was the tower in my area on a map being upgraded, check this map https://network.sprint.com/.

Feedback Score

Exclamation Lg optimus slider

Having the same problem! Only had this phone for a week and this is the second problem I've had with it; the first being not being able to recieve texts only send them. AND NOW THIS! Getting the same run-around as everyone else only now they're telling me that they're "investigating" and it could take anywhere from 24-96 hours!!!! HELP HELP HELP! The error message I see when trying to activate my phone through ##VIRGIN# is 06-07-5920 if anyone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!