Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: $12 plan on pageplus

Feedback Score

$12 plan on pageplus

I've got a droid incredible 2 on pageplus. I just have the 3g data turned off. I generally talk 400 minutes, txt 60. So my monthly bill is $22. I've been buying a $80 card and buying another one every few months. Now I see that pageplus offers a $12 plan, its 250 talk, 250 txt and 10mb data. I'm good on all fronts except for the minutes. I go over by 150. I'm thinking that I just put a cash reserve on there to cover the overage. 150 x .04 = $6 my total monthly bill would be $18.

So would it be dumb to just buy that same $80 card and leave it there for the year? Every month it would get $6 removed from it?

I'm assuming that I'll run out of talk time on the 20th of the month for example. I'd still be able to txt the rest of the month right? Assuming that I haven't reached that 250 figure yet.

Anyhow looking for advice before I move over to the new payment system.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I dont think overage will be $0.04 at this $12 plan.
    Im not sure - but i think - it will be minimum $0.10 (like TnT plan).
    So you will need pay extra $15
    In this situation better is take TnT - 1200 minutes plan for $30

THE OVERAGE RATES FOR THE $12 PLAN WILL BE:
    $.10/minute, $.10/SMS, $.10/MMS and $.20/MB
    This is confirmed, and valid.
    Last edited by icebook; 12-10-2011 at 04:36 PM. Reason: removed offending material

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyScher View Post
    The overage rates on The 12 are $.10/minute, $.10/SMS, $.10/MMS and $.20/MB.
    So, montrose7 is correct about the overage rate. However, if you're consistently spending only $22/mo, then it seems like it would be best to stay on your current plan, to spend the least amount of money per month, vs $29.95 for the TnT1200.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Or you need restart plan after you will use all minutes....
    In yours sample - after 20 days.
    I think this is good option - if it is easy operation. I'm not sure....

Phone
    Galaxy Note II / Droid 3
    Carrier
    t-mobile / Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    It doesn't seem that u wpuld need to turn off the data on the carriers end. If you have 10mb of data, then just use an APN widget to turn on/off the data would be sufficient, as long as u use it only whe. Absolutely necessary.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I think scowsert just has data turned off at the phone level.

scowsert, if you have the discipline to call PPC or a dealer to do it, or if you can find a dealer to automatically do it for you, if you renew the 12 plan every 20 days, it would cost you approximately $219/year versus the $264/year you are currently paying at $22/month.

Feedback Score
    Did not even know renewing in the middle would be an option.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Renewing early has been mentioned on this forum before regarding the monthly plans by Denny, a PPC employee (the same person I quoted above with the overage rates for the 12), and by one of the biggest PPC dealers, on their website. As mentioned above, it might be more trouble than it is worth, but it might be worth checking into.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Renewing early has been mentioned on this forum before regarding the monthly plans by Denny, a PPC employee (the same person I quoted above with the overage rates for the 12), and by one of the biggest PPC dealers, on their website. As mentioned above, it might be more trouble than it is worth, but it might be worth checking into.
    I don't read every posts there are so I must have missed it.
    It is great option as my wife MAY go over 250minutes (maybe once or twice a year) so once I see that she is close to going over, I can renew it.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scowsert View Post
    I've got a droid incredible 2 on pageplus. I just have the 3g data turned off. I generally talk 400 minutes, txt 60. So my monthly bill is $22. I've been buying a $80 card and buying another one every few months. Now I see that pageplus offers a $12 plan, its 250 talk, 250 txt and 10mb data. I'm good on all fronts except for the minutes. I go over by 150. I'm thinking that I just put a cash reserve on there to cover the overage. 150 x .04 = $6 my total monthly bill would be $18.

So would it be dumb to just buy that same $80 card and leave it there for the year? Every month it would get $6 removed from it?

I'm assuming that I'll run out of talk time on the 20th of the month for example. I'd still be able to txt the rest of the month right? Assuming that I haven't reached that 250 figure yet.

Anyhow looking for advice before I move over to the new payment system.
    Invest a few bucks in GrooveIP and use your Google Voice number to dial over your home WiFi. They you can talk as many minutes as you want and save your 250 minutes for when you need them.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Yes, you will have the ability to renew the plan early by calling Customer Service and having them do it for you (this is the only way to do it at this point).

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    It'd be great if there was a button or something in the web interface that can be used to renew early if at least one of the three buckets was empty.

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trumptman View Post
    Invest a few bucks in GrooveIP and use your Google Voice number to dial over your home WiFi. They you can talk as many minutes as you want and save your 250 minutes for when you need them.
    I just bought a used PalmPixiPlus. My old plan of action was to activate it on Page Plus, porting over my old TracFone number (I really want to keep this number as my primary contact #). I use mostly voice & some text & go through approximately 2500 minutes per year. The $12/month plan should cover me most of the time, but some months I use a lot more than others (rare business trips or some family drama going on)

Now, here's what I'm thinking based on reading this post and then webresearching Google Voice. Please critique strongly.

1) Port my TF # to GV
    2) Activate my pixi on PP with a new #
    Set up the $12/mo plan
    3) Set up GV to always ring online and on my pixi.
    4) At home configuration:
    Pixi connected to home wifi network. Send & receive calls via GV app w/o using up any minutes
    5) When not at home:
    Talk until 250 minutes used up
    Then talk on GV until 10MB data used up
    Then use additional minutes at $.10/m (hopefully it will never come to this)

I read this thread: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...Palm-Pixi-Plus and it appears that the pixi does have a GV app. If it doesn't, I could buy an old moto droid & hand-me-down the pixi.

NT

Phone
    Sony Xperia Z2
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nthern View Post
    I just bought a used PalmPixiPlus.
    If I were you, I'd go with something a little newer and with the ability to be updated to Gingerbread for reliability and stability. You can get a Droid 2 Global on Cowboom for like $70. I have this phone setup with Groove IP / Google Voice and a pretty decent wifi connection at home and it works flawlessly. I plan on getting on the $12 plan as a backup when I'm out and about and need to make calls/texts/random internet use when wifi is not available.

Feedback Score
    I am one of those who cannot resist temptations for new (to me) phones with different OS/setup/shape whatsoever.. I did pick up a Droid 2 Global from Cowboom, and so far, I like it as a toy... I can see this is a much more capable phone than the Palm Pre Plus or Palm Pixi plus. But form-factor-wise, I do feel Palm Pre Plus or Palm Pixi plus much more comfortable. Palm pre plus and palm pixi plus are quite capable phones, and you probably won't regret it..

However, as far as I know, there is no SIP/VOIP client on WebOS 1.4.5, which Palm Pixi plus is running. I do remember people trying to develop one, and some limited success on that, but it won't be easy to use... I don't think you can find an app to do Google Voice for Palm Pixi Plus or Palm Pre Plus....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast