Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Any hopes/info about a Motoroogle Developer phone?

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Cool You Asked, We Listened: Announcing Changes to Our Developer Edition Program

Look at this. Appears we are getting some moneys worth on the Developer Edition.

For customers who have previously purchased a 2012 or 2013 Developer Edition device directly from Motorola and who have requested a bootloader unlock code, we will reinstate the warranty effective from the date of original purchase. (You’ll recognize these models because they come with a printed “Developer Edition” across the back and include the Moto X DE (for GSM networks), Moto X DE (for Verizon), andDroid Maxx DE (Verizon).)

In addition, recovery images (as shipped from the factory) will be posted here. A developer or enthusiast can use this image to restore their device to run with its original factory software.

We hope that you like these changes. Keep telling us what you think (you can use the comments section below or participate in one of the many G+ forums such as Moto X).

http://motorola-blog.blogspot.com/20...nnouncing.html

Device(s)
    Motorola XT1103 Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Bill, that is most excellent dude! From Ted, lol.

But seriously, maybe now that Motorola Mobility is owned by Google, more and more good things may be in store for the Android dev community after all!

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Teddy, you can get that phone for $99 now and unlock it. I miss hearing from you.

Sent with the HoFo App

Device(s)
    Motorola XT1103 Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I already bought a used Razr M consumer edition after reading about the bootloader unlock exploit. Then while it was on it's way I read further to find that an update that closed that exploit had already been pushed out. And the seller had taken it to VZW to wipe their personal info before putting it up for sale. Arrggh!

So, it was with baited breath that I charged my XT907 up. Once charged, I powered it up. Took a look at the version number, hmmm. Double checked all my info and found. . . .

That it hadn't yet received the update, so I rooted and unlocked the bootloader right away. Now even if I put it back to 'stock' and it accepts any update, a simple
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery [name of custom recovery].img
    will reinstall a custom recovery wherein I can then reroot it via a flashable file in recovery or even adb.

And yeah Bill, I miss the days. I haven't yet even tried to figure out the new 'hangouts' (replacement for "Talk") app.

I have yet to actually activate it, only used it on WiFi for now.

Device(s)
    Motorola XT1103 Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    OK folks, nothing like necro-posting a thread, LOL.

Motorola is making the Nexus 6!

http://www.google.com/nexus/6/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3