Thread: Caller block apps for LG Esteem

Feedback Score

Caller block apps for LG Esteem

Do anyone know of any free apps that work on the LG Esteem to block restricted/block calls? The ones i found only mute the ringer, and then keeps all calls muted.

Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    I know if the number you want to block is in your contact list you can choose that number to go straight to voice mail and it will never ring your phone. all you have to do is go to the contact that you wish to block and then use the menu button select options and check send calls directly to voice mail. This is not exactly blocking the call but it dose keep ppl you dont want to talk to from ringing your phone

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    I was using Mr. Number which worked great with my Optimus (with 2.2.x). However, with the Esteem which uses Gingerbread 2.3.4, Mr. Number can't seem to block the calls, only send them to voicemail -- which lets the phone ring and ring until voicemail kicks in.

So, now I'm using Root Call Blocker Pro: http://goo.gl/CHCCx Yeah, I bought it but it's worth it. This developer also makes the screenshot program that I use on my Esteem.

They also have a trial version: http://goo.gl/jGHtk

Yes, your phone has to be rooted. But the app can then hang up on the callers before the phone even rings. It can also block spam texts.

It works amazingly. Be sure to checkmark "Start on Boot". After that, has lots of settings to tweak what you want. You can "Block" (reject) or you can choose "Don't Answer" (YOU won't hear anything -- your phone doesn't actually ring as the call is not connected -- but the caller hears endless rings. They eventually have to hang up. Particularly frustrating to ex'es.)

You can have "Exceptions" (always block, always allow). You can set up a schedule -- allow certain calls during some days, but not on other days. Maybe work-related calls on days you are off? I don't know, but it's there if you need it.

You can have it notify you actively, if it's blocked a call. Or you can have it just note it in the app log, so you have to open the app to see the log of blocked numbers. Or you can turn off logging so you don't have to see anything. At this point, I just have "log" for all numbers, but I'm tempted to turn off the log for some selections -- like "Private Numbers". I have it set to block all "Private Numbers", where the caller is anonymous/Caller ID is turned off. If they don't let me see their name or number, then they have no chance of ever talking to me at all. Right now, Root Call Blocker Pro is logging those all "Private Number" attempts, but I may turn off logging for that category so I won't even know idiots tried to call me.

All I use it this for is to block calls/texts I don't want. And by block, I mean end the call before my phone rings. Or stop texts from appearing. I haven't messed with the schedules setup or anything. VERY powerful app.

If you get it, look at the Help file. It explains things very well. There's even different ways of rejecting a call -- fast reject, slow reject, alt reject. The Help file explains it.

Whenever I get a spam text ("Do you need a loan? Blah, blah, blah"), I immediately add that number and never hear from them again.
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 12-15-2011 at 10:10 AM.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    try droid blocker from the android market it works for the indulge i cant say it works on the esteem yet but this week ill be buying the esteem so in the mean time u can try it out. chazz bought the apps :O lol

https://market.android.com/details?i...i5ibG9ja2VyIl0.