Thread: AT&T Locked iPhone4 on H2o or Red Pocket?

Feedback Score

AT&T Locked iPhone4 on H2o or Red Pocket?

Will AT&T locked iphone 4 function fine on H2o / Red pocket since its AT&T MVNO? Also the $40 plan on both providers, does it include international texting? I read H2o canceled international texting and red pocket still has theirs? Is this true?

Or should I just go with the ATT Go Phone $50/unlimited plan, will I be able to use any sort of data/web on the ATT plan with the iphone? This does include international texting right? I don't want 4G data, just 2G edge speeds would be fine since it says it includes unlimited talk text and web?

Feedback Score
    Is it possible to modify the APN settings somehow to make data work at all on ATT $50 plan? Again I don't really care about slow speeds, I read people managed to get 0.14mbps down with modified APN settings?

Feedback Score

Your iphone and mvnos. The scoop...

Iphone will work w/o unlocking on H20 . Red Pocket recommends unlocking but it will probably work there too.
    No mms on either unless jailbroken. Might be a possible app but not sure to workaround w/o JB.

Recomend RP over H20. H20 is having too many issues.

Intl text is not included with any Att mvno plan anymore. I think Att yanked it recently .

If you are happy with 2g speeds and want intl texting, you can unlock and jailbreak the phone and put it on Simple Mobile for only $40 for unlimited talk/text/intl txt/mms/2g speed data .

The Att gophone unlimited data won't work on most smartphones except for non Att Androids and Nokia Symbian 3 series phones which are unlocked.

NO iphone will work with data on the Att plan unless you buy the feature pack of limited data, whether it is an Att iphone or not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fonezfonz View Post
    Iphone will work w/o unlocking on H20 . Red Pocket recommends unlocking but it will probably work there too.
    No mms on either unless jailbroken. Might be a possible app but not sure to workaround w/o JB.

Recomend RP over H20. H20 is having too many issues.

Intl text is not included with any Att mvno plan anymore. I think Att yanked it recently .

If you are happy with 2g speeds and want intl texting, you can unlock and jailbreak the phone and put it on Simple Mobile for only $40 for unlimited talk/text/intl txt/mms/2g speed data .

The Att gophone unlimited data won't work on most smartphones except for non Att Androids and Nokia Symbian 3 series phones which are unlocked.

NO iphone will work with data on the Att plan unless you buy the feature pack of limited data, whether it is an Att iphone or not.
    Red Pocket terms of service says international texting is included?

The problem is the baseband of my iphone4 is 04.11.08 its not possible to jailbreak or unlock it otherwise I would happily continue using my simple mobile plan. This is the reason why I have to switch to H2o or Red Pocket or ATT Go Phone, however I am wondering which will provide me with the same 2g edge data as simple mobile did.

Feedback Score
    If you downgrade, a Gevey sim might work. http://unlockboot.com/2011/10/baseba...-4-on-ios.html

Phone
    iPhone 5 on ST
    Carrier
    Straight Talk/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I will post a video of an iphone 3gs 16gb on jolt mobile (owned by red pocket), and you can see it working with jolt mobile.

***UPDATE: iPhone 3GS running on Jolt Mobile here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peRZXW_0QOQ
    Last edited by Anarchypunk101; 12-17-2011 at 06:48 PM.

Feedback Score
    Close. Jolt is owned by Netincusa. They are POWERED by Red Pocket and run off of them as effectively as an mvno within an mvno. They are NOT owned by RP.

Phone
    iPhone 5 on ST
    Carrier
    Straight Talk/AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sorry. I wasnt being exact. Thank you for your technical definition.

Feedback Score
    It says on the blog post and everywhere else that it cannot be downgraded.