Thread: Tracfone LG800, How Do I Disable Mobile Web?

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Tracfone LG800, How Do I Disable Mobile Web?

I carry the lg800 in my pocket and twice I've somehow unlocked the phone and activated the web browser that steals my minutes. I don't want the internet on my phone. Is there a way to disable this and if so how??
    Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    We are stuck with this, so I think the only safeguard is to lock the screen such that a pin code is needed for unlocking. Or get a sturdy case.

Feedback Score
    Do you have the browser as one of the shortcut on the home screen? If it is not on the home screen, it is pretty hard to activate it by mistake.

Phone
    LG840G
    Carrier
    Tracfone (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David 223 View Post
    I carry the lg800 in my pocket and twice I've somehow unlocked the phone and activated the web browser that steals my minutes. I don't want the internet on my phone. Is there a way to disable this and if so how??
    Thanks in advance.
    If you haven't done so, remove the Browser shortcut from your home screen. Go to the home screen, click on the blue arrow, then drag the browser shortcut to the bottom. Then click the blue arrow again to restore the home screen. You then access the internet by clicking the Settings ("dice" icon at lower right), then select Browser. This method of selecting the Browser is preferable anyway because it does not immediately put you onto the internet.

Feedback Score
    I was going to suggested removing the browser shortcut from the desktop also, but then I started wondering what other minute consuming random activities might occur while the phone is in your pocket, such as numbers in your contact list getting dialed?

Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thank you guys for the info on removing the browser shortcut from the home screen. I did that and it should work. I believe I turn the lg800 on by accidently hitting the on/off button and then the browser button.

<<tfusr19 wrote>> "what other minute consuming random activities might occur while the phone is in your pocket, such as numbers in your contact list getting dialed?" Any solutions for this?

Merry Christmas To All