Thread: Best Tethering Phone for the $50 Unlimited Plan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Best Tethering Phone for the $50 Unlimited Plan

I have been searching for a phone that supports tethering that V will allow on their $50 unlimited plan. I can only find a few old prepaid Rev O phones without wifi. Are any Rev A phones allowed on this plan? Are any phones with wifi allowed on this plan? What is the best phone V will allow on this plan? What type of speed should one expect in solid coverage on V using a Rev O phone?

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Same here. There are no phones that work on the prepaid plan that are better then evdo o and have wifi at this time unfortunately.

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The old standard works fairly well for most tethering. The big difference with A is higher upload speed. Download speeds are likely to be the same either way. The $50 plan allows no phones with wifi, but wifi can be provided through a router with a USB port attached to the phone. To get wifi and Rev. A in the same device you'd have to go to a smartphone with associated plan (starting at $75.00 per month) or a data only plan with a MiFi.

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if the Motorola E815 will work on this plan.

Feedback Score
    E815 is not eligible for this plan. It will work on the monthly , daily and paygo plan but not the $50 plan.

Good phone though. Nearly legendary despite its age.

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    I do not understand why the E815 is not eligible since it is not a full browser phone. I know that since it is not even a rev a phone that it should be allowed on the 50 dollar plan. I disagree with Verizon on their decision to not allow the E815 on this plan.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have read conflicting posts on the 815. Some people have reported activating the 815 on the unlimited plan while others have stated it is not permitted. This raises an interesting question. Do VErizon csrs have discretion in which phones they allow or does their computer system contain the list of approved phones?

Feedback Score
    Most Verizon phones that start life originally intended for prepaid can be used on the $50 plan. The E815 is not one of them. The E815 can be used on any other Verizon prepaid plans BUT the $50 plan.

I wish any Verizon phone, postpaid or prepaid could be used on this plan but Verizon obviously don't see it the same way.

Verizon prepaid phones are dirt cheap. Just buy one new. Only thing is shortage of 3g types. Many are 1xrtt. Another Verizon trick to keep data use down...