Thread: Prevail: Low on space

Phone
    Nokia Lumia 520
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Prevail: Low on space

I have a Prevail with the Gingerbread update. Works great! Faster and smoother than Froyo and I don't have to reboot every two to three days anymore.

Today though, an icon appeared on the task bar. It says "Low on space" and "Phone storage space is low". To what is it referring? The task manager says I'm only using 145 of 161 MB and 1.48 GB of 1.84 GB.

The phone works fine other than this stupid icon won't go away. The "clear" button that's normally there is not appearing. Any ideas on how to get rid of this?

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    why not call boost and ask?
    Putting the phone you want on the service you pay for is not a crime. No one has ever been convicted of it!
    No one has ever been convicted of talking about it either!

If you think I helped, please Click the star below. Unfortunately there is no "you're an idiot" button yet, but you can PM me!
    | | |
    VVV

Carrier
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    U are using too much memory. You need to uninstall some apps. Move all the ones you can to the SD card first and see how much memory u have free after. The more the better.

Sent from my VM670 using HowardForums

Phone
    lg optimus,motorola i425,samsung r211
    Carrier
    boost mobile,cricket paygo,virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (lg optimus : Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.5.27452/26.1305; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

you should clear your cache then restart your phone once a day especially if you browse the web the day before. android phonea are like computers not dumb phones that can go days without a restart

Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had the same problem on my prevail when it updated to 2.3. Here is what i did to cure it:

- Download the app called "SDMove" and follow the instructions to move as many apps as you can to your SD card
    - Delete all of your text (SMS and MMS) messages and as many photos as you can
    - Set your txt settings to purge after 60 SMS/person and 5 MMS/person
    - Clear out your browsers cache

After that, i am good to go with the phone. Hope that helps!

Phone
    Samsung Prevail
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Go here http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prev...1-18-11-a.html But will most likely want to read this first http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...e-prevail.html The a2sd will move all your apps to your sd card. Both guides have some really good stuff in them.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Prevail
    Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    145 mb used seems to be when it starts yelling. It also seems that at that point, text messages are verrrry laggy being received. You can still install a couple of small things after that, but the phone's performance isn't nearly as good. Clearing cache in your browser works really well. The move to SD card app is nice too. One more thing that is nice is rooting the phone so you can delete some of the system junk that just takes up space.

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score

Question Samsung Galaxy Prevail SPH-M820-BST Low Storage Space

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Prevail model SPH-M820-BST that continually gives me a "low on available space" message every time Google Books updates. The other thing that happens is my green signal and/or Wi-Fi bars become gray. The reception is not as good as it used to be. I went to the Boost Mobile store closest to me and the Representative told me that this is a "Feature of the phone" that they have had problems with. The best thing I could do is purchase a new phone.
    I've continually cleared out Cache for many apps with no luck of this changing. Every single day I receive the "low on available space" message. Has anyone else run into this kind of a problem?

Chgogirl

Phones
    BM iPhome 5S, Prevail, Sanyo Incognito, iPhone 3g ,Samsung t319 (Unlocked), Nokia 6101 (unlocked),
    Treo 600 (unlocked), Motorola V400 (unlocked), Nokia 3650 (unlocked),
    Samsung N105, Nokia 3390 Gold, LG TouchPoint 1100, Nokia 5190
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream,
    Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chgogirl View Post
    Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Prevail model SPH-M820-BST that continually gives me a "low on available space" message every time Google Books updates. The other thing that happens is my green signal and/or Wi-Fi bars become gray. The reception is not as good as it used to be. I went to the Boost Mobile store closest to me and the Representative told me that this is a "Feature of the phone" that they have had problems with. The best thing I could do is purchase a new phone.
    I've continually cleared out Cache for many apps with no luck of this changing. Every single day I receive the "low on available space" message. Has anyone else run into this kind of a problem?

Chgogirl
    Yes, this phone is terrible. I am holding off upgrading to see what happens on September 10th regarding the iPhone. Hoping Boost gets an iPhone.

Feedback Score
    I've been using the boost galaxy prevail for a few years now. If you get a bigger SD card and root it; it's usable

Feedback Score
    U can replace the phone for next to nothing y deal with the headache the phone is just too old

Sent with the HoFo App on my IPHONE 5

Phones
    BM iPhome 5S, Prevail, Sanyo Incognito, iPhone 3g ,Samsung t319 (Unlocked), Nokia 6101 (unlocked),
    Treo 600 (unlocked), Motorola V400 (unlocked), Nokia 3650 (unlocked),
    Samsung N105, Nokia 3390 Gold, LG TouchPoint 1100, Nokia 5190
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile, at&t, Cingular, T-Mobile, Voicestream,
    Sprint, Omnipoint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie123 View Post
    U can replace the phone for next to nothing y deal with the headache the phone is just too old

Sent with the HoFo App on my IPHONE 5
    Since I do not have a windows computer to root it with it seems way to complicated to even think of rooting it.

Carrier
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Increasing the size of the SD card does not solve the problem.
    The memory used on it is 8 GB and has 99% free space. Booat only provided 2 GB on the SD card.

Phone
    EVO 4G LTE
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Threads merged
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

Bend, Oregon