Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nokia Lumia 710

Device(s)
    Android, Windows
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox View Post
    Can you let us know if there are any firmware our software updates on the internet sharing option later?

Thanks
    Sent from my MB525 using HowardForums

Thats the only reason that i have not bought one. Internet sharing in a must.

Feedback Score
    Internets sharing is built-into Mango but carrier dependent...

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KingBuzzo View Post
    Internets sharing is built-into Mango but carrier dependent...
    yeah the radar has it though so I dont see why tmobile would block . I read that it would get added in the future we'll see.

Sent from my MB525 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mezcal View Post
    Same question.
    Appreciate it if anyone with a grandfathered plan who picks up a 710 would check in with an answer.
    xristo posted that he has been using tzones with the 710 successfully.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...8#post14693998

Feedback Score
    Can report that all programs seem to work. Including Nokia Drive, Maps, Govoice ... Still too soon to assume anything though. Will update periodically. I'm on 5.99 t-zones btw

Sent from my Lumia 710 via the HowardForums WP7 App
    AMERICA IS ALREADY GREAT

Feedback Score
    does windows phone has to unlock first in order to install apps?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cauchon View Post
    - does Nokia Maps requires a data connection to function? Can entire country or multiple states be off-line?

It does require data. From all the options and everything I've tried, doesn't look like it can be saved for offline use.
    Played with the phone at a local T-Mobile and downloading of maps & speech were options with Nokia drive! The entire US was about 1.8GB, and individual states varied in size. NY for instance is about 101MB if I remember correctly. It does require a WiFi connection to download and there doesn't appear any limitation on how many states, countries and languages one can. Very happy with Nokia Drive look and feel - including working in both portrait and landscape. I didn't see an option to save destinations (unless recent searches can be saved??), set a home address, or ability to select a contact as a destination that I'm use to from TomTom running on my Windows Mobile phone so I hope Nokia can implement these features. I walked away thinking Nokia's unique app offerings makes this Windows Phone hard to beat and WP truly a nice OS!! I'm sold. btw, in the store, the rep took a photo of a french restaurant menu and it converted it into english in seconds - all flawlessly and really, really slick!

See photo of the brochure they had on the phone. There's more pages if anyone is interested.

Anyone know if playing divx or xvid codec in the AVI container file actually works on Mango? I know it's not officially supported.

Anyone seen or played with T-Mobile's Desktop Charger for the 710?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by switchingt; 01-22-2012 at 10:33 AM.

Feedback Score
    is there any way to check the data usage on Windows Phone?

Feedback Score

Contacts Transfer app on the Lumia.

This has to be one of the best apps I've ever seen. It's always been a hassle for me to transfer contacts to a new phone so this was a welcome surprise. This app will transfer from other types of phone via bluetooth. I transferred contacts from my Blackberry without a hitch and only took a few seconds. Haven't used any other OS other than Blackberry for about the last year so I might be out of the loop. Are there any other phones out there (Androids, IOS...) that have an app similar to this? Doesn't yet work on all phones but I suspect that will be updated eventually. Here's a list from support: Contacts Transfer does not work on older phones which do not support PBA (Phone Book Access) Device and OS versions that are supported: Android Blackberry iOS (iPhone) Symbian S40 S60 Windows Phone I guess this program was introduced because the Lumia uses a micro-sim thereby not allowing transfer of contacts via regular sim.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know if the standard Nokia 3.5mm headsets will work with this thing?

My mom just picked one up the other day - and was disappointed that there was no headset in the box. She wants something wired (easiest for her to use).

I'm wondering if something like this would work:

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Nokia...8628407&sr=8-3

It's the Nokia WH-701.

Any ideas?
    the bloggy blog blog blog...

common sense...not so common...
    ----

Feedback Score
    Yes. 3.5 works Does your mom still have t-zones. Because if she does then it will work on it. Long time no see Kricket. You should drop by more often. Source: http://www.nokia.com/us-en/products/...pecifications/ Found under Hardware/Local connectivity Micro USB WiFi USB 2.0 High-Speed Bluetooth Stereo Audio 3.5mm AHJ Connector Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR

Feedback Score
    Just heard this from a sales rep..

On Feb 14, t-mobile will offer a $50 rebate on the Nokia 710 (probably all phones too) if you sign up to their Classic plans. Value plans included too. She did mention that for the Value Plan it would need to be the unlimited minutes plan - not sure if there's any restrictions under the Classic plans.

So under the Value Plan it would be $300, under the regular plan it would be free.

Question for those with the phone
    When talking on the phone near your face, someone mentioned that sometimes while talking, it would mute the phone and other unattended actions of the on-screen buttons if the screen touched her face...true?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XRISTO View Post
    Yes. 3.5 works Does your mom still have t-zones. Because if she does then it will work on it. Long time no see Kricket. You should drop by more often. Source: http://www.nokia.com/us-en/products/...pecifications/ Found under Hardware/Local connectivity Micro USB WiFi USB 2.0 High-Speed Bluetooth Stereo Audio 3.5mm AHJ Connector Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR
    Ha! Yes, it definitely has been a while - I'm finding less and less time to visit the boards!

As far as my mom, she dropped the T-Zones plan shortly after I left T-Mobile (against my advisement, mind you - we were on the $2.99 plan!!!) - so now she's stuck paying whatever it is they're charging for a "smartphone" data plan...

Thanks for the info on the headset - boy, I've been out of the Nokia game for so long, I feel like I'm in new territory. I gotta say, I was REALLY impressed with the Lumia - Windows 7 is pretty awesome. I didn't think I'd like the tile system, but it's actually pretty intuitive. My mom has a little trouble reading the smaller fonts throughout the OS (like the way the phone numbers show up in the Contacts), but I think all-in-all, she's pretty happy with it.

From the little exposure I had to it, it seemed like a really quick responding operating system. There was far less lag on that thing than there is on my dad's brand spankin' new Galaxy S II (which was surprising to me).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
    From the little exposure I had to it, it seemed like a really quick responding operating system. There was far less lag on that thing than there is on my dad's brand spankin' new Galaxy S II (which was surprising to me).
    The response is lightning fast indeed for such an unassuming and rather ordinary piece of hardware. I've filled up the memory to over six gigs with programs and music and it's still chugging along as fast as ever. I tried the Radar a few weeks ago in comparison and it had a noticeably raging lag when scrolling though youtube videos or what-not. (Radar is a beautiful phone btw but it's just a piece of junk on the inside, not to mention the horrible speakerphone) I can actually hear callers' voice on the Lumias' speakerphone. The 710 is good fit for people who don't want to carry a large screen tv around in their pocket. (like all the 4.x sized screens and above).

@switchingt. Funny you should ask that question but the answer is no. I haven't had a problem with the Lumia's proximity senor at all. But I did have that exact problem with the HTC Radar. It was almost as annoying as the lag issue. Glad I got rid of that phone.
    Last edited by XRISTO; 02-08-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Feedback Score
    Kricket, i know what you mean. hopefully, future mango updates
    will include display font size option under system "ease of access",
    and add a wifi calling toggle when you turn on wifi in mango. hehe

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast