Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nokia Lumia 710

Device(s)
    BB Passport and BB Priv
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo '01-'07, ATT '07-'17, T-Mo '17-
    Feedback Score
    Hi, I just wanted to check if there are any settings that need to be changed in order for Lumia 710 to work with T-Zones?
    In addition, did any of you have any problems activating the mini-SIM card that phone comes with? I am told that it does not accept full size SIM cards. Is that correct? If so, will T-Mobile make noise when they see $5.99 t-zones on account during activation/etc..?

Feedback Score
    hey hofos! anyone with this 710 having any issues on t-zones as of late?
    if you're not having issues, how long have you been using it with t-zones?
    what has been your avg speed?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MERLINER View Post
    hey hofos! anyone with this 710 having any issues on t-zones as of late? if you're not having issues, how long have you been using it with t-zones? what has been your avg speed?
    No issues to report. Speeds vary depending on location. I've gotten up to 2.5 mbps indoors and 8.66 mbps outdoors. Upload topped out at around 1 mbps. The only program to test seems to be Bandwidth. The closest server is in San Fransisco with a latency of 77 ms. Don't know if that makes a difference. Tried to use speedtest.net but of course it can't because it wants me to update Flash which is impossible. Anyone have any suggestions on another program to test speed on Wp7 then please go ahead and chime in.

Feedback Score
    thanks, xristo.

Feedback Score

Nokia to Enable WiFi Hotspot/Router Software on 710

NOKIA CORPORATIONJanuary 26th, 2012 Federal Communications Commission, Attention: Equipment Authorization Branch Authorization & Evaluation Division, 7435 Oakland Mills Road, Columbia, MD. 21046 Ref. Our inquiry to [email protected] on 26th of January 2012 CHANGES IN DESIGN – PERMISSIVE CHANGE CLASS 2 Pursuant to Sections 2.1043 of the Commission’s Rules, the Applicant hereby requests approval for changes in design planned for product FCC ID: QMNRM-803. This software update enables wireless router –feature. There is no hardware modifications related to this change. Availability of WiFi hotspot/router software applications is controlled by Nokia through the Zune Store. We manage our inventory of content in the Zune Store to ensure that WiFi hotspot/router software applications are not made available for the device until such time that we receive the requested equipment authorization for this Class II Permissive Change from the Commission. NOKIA CORPORATION Kare Oksanen Product Certification Officer SO/DCo, Oulu Source: fcc.gov https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...QMNRM-803' No timeframe listed on the addendum but it's nice to know they're at least working on it.
    Last edited by XRISTO; 03-01-2012 at 09:59 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by XRISTO View Post
    NOKIA CORPORATIONJanuary 26th, 2012 Federal Communications Commission, Attention: Equipment Authorization Branch Authorization & Evaluation Division, 7435 Oakland Mills Road, Columbia, MD. 21046 Ref. Our inquiry to [email protected] on 26th of January 2012 CHANGES IN DESIGN – PERMISSIVE CHANGE CLASS 2 Pursuant to Sections 2.1043 of the Commission’s Rules, the Applicant hereby requests approval for changes in design planned for product FCC ID: QMNRM-803. This software update enables wireless router –feature. There is no hardware modifications related to this change. Availability of WiFi hotspot/router software applications is controlled by Nokia through the Zune Store. We manage our inventory of content in the Zune Store to ensure that WiFi hotspot/router software applications are not made available for the device until such time that we receive the requested equipment authorization for this Class II Permissive Change from the Commission. NOKIA CORPORATION Kare Oksanen Product Certification Officer SO/DCo, Oulu Source: fcc.gov https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/...QMNRM-803' No timeframe listed on the addendum but it's nice to know they're at least working on it.
    yeah it does look like they are working on tethering support...
    http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/16/28...thering-update

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Can report that all programs seem to work. Including Nokia Drive, Maps, Govoice ... Still too soon to assume anything though. Will update periodically. I'm on 5.99 t-zones btw

Sent from my Lumia 710 via the HowardForums WP7 App
    Hey Xristo and any Nokia Lumia 710 user,
    When you activated your microSIM card, does it de-activate your regular SIM? I was wondering if you could still use your SIM on a different phone if you wanted to use it. Not at the same time, but as an alternate if you switch out phones a lot.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does nokia drive require a data connection or is it all offline like the nokia ovi maps and gps devices?

Thanks.

Sent from my MB525 using HowardForums

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox View Post
    When you activated your microSIM card, does it de-activate your regular SIM? Thanks.
    It deactivates the old sim but there are adapters sold on Ebay that allows you to insert micro-sim into a regular phone.

Feedback Score
    From Engadget:
    Nokia Drive is seeing a monumental update -- one that supports a completely offline experience. Anyone who has traveled overseas and been forced to find a local SIM (or worse, eat roaming charges) in order to navigate understands just how crucial this addition is, and we're hoping that Nokia's inclusion will force Google to take its own offline offering to the next level. Moving right along, Nokia Maps has seen an update that makes sharing favorites a bit easier, and you'll also get live traffic in a slew of countries. Public commuters will appreciate the overhauled Transport app, which is now capable of providing walking / mass transit directions for over 510 cities in 46 countries. The new kit is available in the Windows Phone Marketplace today for those lucky enough to own a Lumia.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/20/n...lshare_twitter

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. From the reviews, I read that initially you need to have a data connection, but then it downloads the maps, and you won't need the data connection. Have you tried to use Nokia Drive without a sim card with wifi off before?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. From the reviews, I read that initially you need to have a data connection, but then it downloads the maps, and you won't need the data connection. Have you tried to use Nokia Drive without a sim card with wifi off before?

Thanks.
    Haven't tried that yet but I did the update Drive today. When I go to download a map it says that I already have "USA (all)" on my phone and any options to download it is grayed out. I wish I had known about the Transit app a few days ago when my fuel pump starting acting up. On a separate note there's another app in the Markeplace called VoiceTranslator that works pretty good for people who like to travel. The more free time I have to spend with this phone the more I'm convinced that I made the right decision. Can't say that I miss Android or Blackberry at all.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Haven't tried that yet but I did the update Drive today. When I go to download a map it says that I already have "USA (all)" on my phone and any options to download it is grayed out. I wish I had known about the Transit app a few days ago when my fuel pump starting acting up. On a separate note there's another app in the Markeplace called VoiceTranslator that works pretty good for people who like to travel. The more free time I have to spend with this phone the more I'm convinced that I made the right decision. Can't say that I miss Android or Blackberry at all.
    what about apps? do you miss any of those such as draw something? Im already missing the android apps and some of the functionality of android. Windows seems very limited and basic. they dont have swype for windows phone right? Do you recommend any apps?

also I found out that nokia drive requires an internet connection to search a place and get driving directions. The maps only are available for offline only use.

I'm glad I got in on this windows challenge because my motorola defys earpiece doesn't work any more...the same day I got the nokia too!
    Last edited by cheaplikeafox; 04-06-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    also I found out that nokia drive requires an internet connection to search a place and get driving directions. The maps only are available for offline only use.
    I found out that nokia drive doesn't require an internet connection. I just had to update the nokia drive to get the offline features. Now it works great! It's also cool that you can get the directions in differnet languages. I don't know if google GPS had that feature.

Device(s)
    nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-MOBILE USA
    Feedback Score
    anyway to change 4g/3g into 2g? i can't believe that the t-mo version removed the band setting just to promote 4g.

has anyone tried the indian/singaporean firmware? will that enable band change on settings?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast