Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HTC Amaze

Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score

HTC Amaze

HTC Amaze-rs - thoughts on the phone? Does Sense crash? Any bugs, freezes, random restarts, etc?

I think I'm going to be committing to one in the New Year (already have a line with Wind, so Boxing Week is irrelevant) and would like to be sure before going in that it's worth the money. I'm sold on the camera, and the screen quality, though I could do without the heat.

Latest word from DSS appears to be that Nexus is the next Wind phone, not the SGS2X.

Phones
    BB 9700
    HTC Dream
    Carriers
    Wind
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I personally really like it. Camera is great, screen is great, and it is really snappy. I havent noticed anything in terms of the heat yet. Honestly though I havent played around with it enough to notice any bugs, crashes etc..

GN's screen is even better, but I think overall the avg person isnt going to notice much difference in terms of performance.

Just keep in mind about the bootloader issue out there currently and moding the phone. That will be an issue.

Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I would like to know that too. I'm most likely going to get it tomorrow on boxing day sale. It was a toss up between this and galaxy nexus, but I don't think I can wait another month, so will go with this one. Plus $99 only on wind tab makes it a no brainer. Galaxy nexus will sure be $250-300 on wind tab and I'm not going to spend that much on a phone.

Feedback Score
    Has Wind released any statements as to whether or not they intentionally told HTC to lock the bootloaders?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsThatBbq View Post
    Has Wind released any statements as to whether or not they intentionally told HTC to lock the bootloaders?
    WORD!! I'm wondering this exact thing! Regardless, I'm thinking of heading to the store tomorrow and getting an Amaze for each of my lines and then go through returns until I find one with S-Off...

verkion

Carriers
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I looked at the Amaze but I didnt like the bootloader issue. The other two issues I am aware of from a friend of mine who bough it was that Sense has a problem with freezing up. The second issue was regarding battery life was pretty abysmal, but you may be able to tweak that.

Howard did a review on the Amaze. You may want to have a look at his review and take some of the info from the review and go from there. Review at the link below:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...c+amaze+review
    Last edited by Shuffle_Demon; 12-26-2011 at 02:20 AM. Reason: spelling error

Feedback Score
    HTCDev site must have been updated because...Bootloader unlock now works! Just tested on my new Amaze! (No, phone was not S-Off and yes, I did try to look for one that had S-Off.)

Thanks!
    verkion

Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    what exactly is S-Off.. I am confused lol..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by verkion View Post
    WORD!! I'm wondering this exact thing! Regardless, I'm thinking of heading to the store tomorrow and getting an Amaze for each of my lines and then go through returns until I find one with S-Off...

verkion
    I was told you are only allowed one exchange on DOA, might want to rethink that strategy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Well the bootloader unlock works now so no need. S-Off just gains you the ability to flash Radio images and gets around the annoyance with Kernel flashing.

Thanks!
    verkion

Carriers
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well the bootloader unlock works now so no need. S-Off just gains you the ability to flash Radio images and gets around the annoyance with Kernel flashing.

Thanks!
    verkion
    What do you mean by "the annoyance with Kernel flashing."

Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Loving mine. Battery life doesn't compare to my blackberry at all, but I'm able to pull a good 18-22 hours depending what I am doing.

Only issue is the screen gets pretty warm over extended (30m+) use, but seems to work fine otherwise.

Carriers
    WindMobile, Fido,
    MTS Ukraine, Kyivstar GSM, UMC
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsignal View Post
    What do you mean by "the annoyance with Kernel flashing."
    With S-ON you are unable to flash kernels directly from boot loader, though workaround exist (flashing from fastboot).
    Wind is so sorry for not having any 2G coverage so they've offered a 2G speeds, just to cheer us up

Carrier
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    HTCDev site must have been updated because...Bootloader unlock now works! Just tested on my new Amaze! (No, phone was not S-Off and yes, I did try to look for one that had S-Off.)

Thanks!
    verkion
    How do you guys know if the bootloader is locked or no? Is there a software that you have to install first?

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using HowardForums

Carrier
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The phone comes locked from the factory iirc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast