Thread: prepaid phone to replace contract phone

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score

prepaid phone to replace contract phone

purchased a prepaid phone @ target (store clerk said i could use the prepaid phone to replace a contract phone)
    contacted the verizon store and the representative @ verizon said no can't use the prepaid phones
    anyone on this forum could help me - where would be the best place to purchase a contract phone (presently using the samsung gusto) besides from a verizon store.

Phones
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Samsung u370; Casio Ravine 2
    ;; broken: LG VX8700 (blank screen) and Motorola E815 (broken hinge)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You're talking about using a prepaid phone on a postpaid calling plan ? What he said was technically correct in that a prepaid phone that has been used as a prepaid phone on a prepaid calling plan for a particular amount of time (six months ?) can then be used on a postpaid calling plan. It used to be possible to immediately use a prepaid phone on a postpaid calling plan, but Verizon closed that loophole.

The subforum on here for prepaid would be a good place to double-check my answer:
    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...-Pulse-EasyPay
    (1) "Tutorial: Making Album Art Work (Most LG phones)" (link)
    (2) "MP3's ! They are RINGTONES / A Quick howto using Audacity" (link)

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    thanks for the reply - i have been looking at cell phones on a store on ebay named "just cellular"
    they offer the samsung convoy u640 and motorola v750 does anyone have either one of these phones and
    are they reliable
    would anyone suggest any other site to purchase cell phones

Phones
    LG Clout vx8370;
    Samsung u370; Casio Ravine 2
    ;; broken: LG VX8700 (blank screen) and Motorola E815 (broken hinge)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BEANIE57 View Post
    thanks for the reply - i have been looking at cell phones on a store on ebay named "just cellular"
    they offer the samsung convoy u640 and motorola v750 does anyone have either one of these phones and
    are they reliable
    would anyone suggest any other site to purchase cell phones
    Several places that I think are great resources for customer reviews of discontinued and current phones:

- phonearena.com

- phonescoop.com

- cnet.com

For feedback on this forum about either of those two phones, you might have better luck on getting a response either by looking up and then posting in the previous discussions on this forum about the Convoy and the V750 or by posting a new question in the Samsung and Motorola forums in the Verizon subforum:
    http://www.howardforums.com/forumdis...Feature-Phones

Regarding that ebay seller, when we were looking for an ebay seller to buy a phone from, I finally noticed that the return policies vary a lot from seller to seller. For example, some will give you a full refund for a defective phone, while others such as just cellular say this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Motorola...item2317f630a0

"Returns will be for replacement only. Refunds will only be given if a replacement is not available."

And if you plan to pay by paypal, some sellers state that they'll only sell to buyers who have a verified paypal address [or some terminology like that]