Thread: What ST smartphones use verizon towers?

Feedback Score

What ST smartphones use verizon towers?

I'm new to the forum but have been reading up on switching sim cards to iphones or android phones. I already have straight talk and already have the Nokia 6790 phone, activated on the unlimited ST plan. The trouble I'm having is that AT&T coverage in my area is not as good as Verizon's. I need to have a smartphone because I own my own business. I don't really use too many apps or streaming or anything like that. Just talk, text and basic internet usage. I'm wanting to know if there are any ST smartphone models that use the CDMA instead of GSM. Or if I were to swap sims (I would purchase a used phone from CL or ebay etc) would I just need to be sure it was a verizon phone previously if its an iphone? Or what droid models are verizon phones? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    currently there are no smartphones that use verizon towers. The androids use sprint prepaid and are non roaming

Phones
    Samsung SIII
    Samsung SIII
    Blackberry Z10
    Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    H20 Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Want a Smartphone on Verizon? use PagePlus, you will have no issues getting a Droix X running.

Feedback Score
    Yes, use page plus

the sim swap is for use with AT&T towers only.

Feedback Score
    How do you get a cdma droid x on page plus?
    I can resist everything except temptation.

Phones
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    HTC Touch Pro 2
    Motorola Q
    Carriers
    Boost Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The thing with PP is that you don't get the unlimited data. That is kind of a deal breaker for someone with a smartphone and uses it for their business. Sprint coverage isn't too bad, but I would not use ST for a Sprint MVNO. Pay the extra 5 bucks a month and get Boost Mobile. $50 for unlimited everything and excellent USA customer service

Phones
    Samsung SIII
    Samsung SIII
    Blackberry Z10
    Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    H20 Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Call them up, and give them the esn/imei number?? its that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DSS4Free View Post
    The thing with PP is that you don't get the unlimited data. That is kind of a deal breaker for someone with a smartphone and uses it for their business. Sprint coverage isn't too bad, but I would not use ST for a Sprint MVNO. Pay the extra 5 bucks a month and get Boost Mobile. $50 for unlimited everything and excellent USA customer service
    The data with Straight Talk is NOT unlimited

They say it is unlimited but they consider it data abuse if you use too much.

If you are running a business you should really go for a postpaid phone and pay full price for full service.

Feedback Score
    I run a a housekeeping business and dont use too much data really. I just need access to my email and a little internet browsing. I haven't had any trouble going over the limit with ST so unless PP has a lower limit I think I would be ok. So can i get a used verizon phone, as long as it's not prepaid then call PP and start an account and activate it? does it need to be flashed, unlocked or anything like that if I buy it used?

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tjarrett View Post
    I run a a housekeeping business and dont use too much data really. I just need access to my email and a little internet browsing. I haven't had any trouble going over the limit with ST so unless PP has a lower limit I think I would be ok. So can i get a used verizon phone, as long as it's not prepaid then call PP and start an account and activate it? does it need to be flashed, unlocked or anything like that if I buy it used?
    Yes, you can. No flashing needed. Check the PP forums on Hofo.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yes, with Page Plus now offering a plan with 500MB of data, I think you should be good to go. Especially if your going to be doing some email and little internet browsing.

https://www.pagepluscellular.com/Plans/55%20plan.aspx