Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 195

Thread: Got Scammed with a Samsung Galaxy S2 - Tmobile says IMEI is blocked

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    488
    Feedback Score
    0
    change Samsung S2's IMEI is a piece of cake!
    I changed my Samsung S2's IMEI on day one to be able on tzone!
    I am glad to accept your blocked Samsung S2'

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,507
    Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    change Samsung S2's IMEI is a piece of cake!
    I changed my Samsung S2's IMEI on day one to be able on tzone!
    I am glad to accept your blocked Samsung S2'
    If it's possible, then it's still not an allowed topic on this forum.

    Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Heights
    Posts
    96
    Phones
    All of them
    Samsung Galaxy Note N700
    HTC Amaze (TMOUS)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Kies View Post
    Deleting that folder results in NO IMEI which will not connect to the T-Mobile network either. And on the Galaxy S II for T-Mobile the IMEI is not stored in the EFS folder, we don't know where it is.

    AT&T will definitely work.

    T-Mobile can block IMEI's all day long. Verizon and Sprint do it similarly. WE don't even know if this phone was stolen from T-Mobile in which they ALWAYS block the IMEI.
    Well it did affect owners of the NS. Some had flashed a ROM on xda which inadvertently wiped the EFS folder causing the phones affected to revert to some Samsung default IMEI.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e with Beats Audio using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy S III (TMOUS)
    HTC One X (Tegra 3)
    HTC Amaze (TMOUS)
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

  4. #19
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    EPT
    Posts
    555
    Phones
    Tmo G2x, Gtab 7inch
    Tmo G2X, Gtab 7inch
    Carriers
    cricket
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would unlock and sell it to a simple mobile user.

    It should not be blocked because their a completely different entity than tmobile. Yes simple mobile uses tmo network as their backbone but ask yourself this. How can someone using a bad esn sprint phone be on cricket when cricket uses sprints network.

    Sent from my LG-P999 using HowardForums
    Code Name: fabricated_hero
    Status: Member of the EPT Cricket Mafia
    Quote: "I came here to chew bubble gum and crack phones...and im all out of bubble gum."

    Latest Exploits:
    --Palringo IM crack
    --M2D 6800 ROM
    --WM6.5 6900 ROM

    Next Hijacks:
    --The truck that delivers the Phones...LOL
    --That blonde at the end of the bar. lol

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    6,790
    Phones
    White Galaxy S5 & White iPhone 6
    LG G-Flex, Nexus 4, Nexus 5
    Carrier
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricatedhero View Post
    I would unlock and sell it to a simple mobile user.

    It should not be blocked because their a completely different entity than tmobile. Yes simple mobile uses tmo network as their backbone but ask yourself this. How can someone using a bad esn sprint phone be on cricket when cricket uses sprints network.

    Sent from my LG-P999 using HowardForums
    It doesn't work like that, Simple Mobile uses the T-Mobile *Network* and IMEI blocks are done at the *Network* level.. thus no access.
    Google+ - Add me!
    Happy T-Mobile Customer since '09
    Content AT&T Customer since '12
    Miserable Sprint Customer since '14
    T-Mobile 2G to 4G cities/highways

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,507
    Carriers
    WIND Mobile (09/2010-present)
    Bell 05/2005-08/2006, Virgin Mobile Canada 08/2006-11/2009, Fido 11/2009-09/2010
    Feedback Score
    0
    You know, now that I give this more thought, the deadbeat seller is guilty of false advertising. If someone misrepresents a product they sell you privately, that's fraud. Is there any legal recourse? Consider calling the local non-emergency police line to ask.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    474
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    You know, now that I give this more thought, the deadbeat seller is guilty of false advertising. If someone misrepresents a product they sell you privately, that's fraud. Is there any legal recourse? Consider calling the local non-emergency police line to ask.
    LOL. Craigslist is a site used to advertise as-is sales. There's absolutely no legal recourse you can take unless you signed a contract, which I have never seen done.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Chicago or Toronto
    Posts
    222
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    Carriers
    Tmobile
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cmstlist View Post
    You know, now that I give this more thought, the deadbeat seller is guilty of false advertising. If someone misrepresents a product they sell you privately, that's fraud. Is there any legal recourse? Consider calling the local non-emergency police line to ask.
    It's definitely false advertising, but good luck trying to get a big city police force like Chicago PD to help you out with small matters like this. There are other quicker and less aggravating options:

    So basically, I got the phone unlocked off ebay. Now it works with an AT&t SIM. But, I'm under a contract with Tmobile for a little bit, so I'll just sell it to someone who's on AT&T, or most carriers in Canada (taking a trip back to my parents in Toronto next week). At least it will work for any of those people, just not for me.

    And lesson learned: Never will I buy a phone without checking the ESN/IMEI numbers with the carriers, even if it's GSM.
    Hey Twerds, Follow me on Twitter!

    RIP Telus Exclusivity: March 2000-March 2009.
    FIDO was decent: March 2009-July 2011
    Helllooo Tmobile Amurrricka: July 2011-?

    Dumb Phones: Sanyo SCP4000, Sanyo SCP6000, Audiovox 8100, Audiovox 8300, Samsung A630, LG TM520, Sony T206, LG 490, Nokia 6265i
    Smart Phones: Kyocera 7135, UTstarcomm 6700, Blackberry 7130e, Blackberry 8130, Blackberry 8330, Blackberry 9530, iPhone 3G 16gb
    , Blackberry Bold 9700, Tmobile G2, Samsung Galaxy S2

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,937
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    There's no information that insurance replacements are blacklisted. T-Mobile rep, newguy78, recently posted that T-Mobile is specifically blacklisting phones that were purchased on the EIP payment plan and then not paid off.

    This is more outrageous behavior on the part of the execs at T-Mobile USA. They are purposely doing this because they know it will depress the resale market when we go to sell our phones, and more people will buy phones from them.

    Even testing a SIM card in the device won't be foolproof as the seller could make payments up to the time of the sale, default afterwards, and one day your device just won't work anymore.

    T-Mobile has no legal right to do this. Thus complaints need to be filed with the FTC and the FCC. Perhaps a law firm that specializes in class action lawsuits could be found that would be willing to take this on.

    T-Mobile doesn't even have the decency to notify customers that it is doing this nor does it provide them with a website to check that the IMEI numbers are in good standing. This action is so wrong on so many levels.
    Oh for god sakes, give it up already. Sprint and Verizon have been legally doing this for years and I think it's great. If you don't pay your house or car payment what happens? Yea.

    Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    83
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sent from my SCH-I500 using HowardForums
    Last edited by sedds89; 12-31-2011 at 04:41 AM.
    Ill fix it or brick it

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    9,723
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE Fever View Post
    If you don't pay your house or car payment what happens? Yea.
    Obviously you do not know the difference between secured credit (which is what a house or car would be) and unsecured credit which is what a cell provider extends to its customers. A house or car has a title and the buyer receives a clear title upon a purchase. No such title exists for cell phones. T-Mobile should collect unpaid debts per the laws regarding unsecured credit and has it has no basis to make inoperable the property of rightful owners.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    488
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Obviously you do not know the difference between secured credit (which is what a house or car would be) and unsecured credit which is what a cell provider extends to its customers. A house or car has a title and the buyer receives a clear title upon a purchase. No such title exists for cell phones. T-Mobile should collect unpaid debts per the laws regarding unsecured credit and has it has no basis to make inoperable the property of rightful owners.
    T-mobile never understands what right doing or wrong doing is!
    tmo just screws itself!, they added PPU to everyone is an example!

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Tempe, AZ (ASU Campus)
    Posts
    5,484
    Phone
    Motorola Droid Maxx 32GB
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless |
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fabricatedhero View Post
    I would unlock and sell it to a simple mobile user.

    It should not be blocked because their a completely different entity than tmobile. Yes simple mobile uses tmo network as their backbone but ask yourself this. How can someone using a bad esn sprint phone be on cricket when cricket uses sprints network.

    Sent from my LG-P999 using HowardForums
    Cricket actually has it's own network/switches, it just has a roaming agreement with Sprint in non-cricket markets, and on CDMA it just asks the phone's home switch (based of ESN/MEID and Phone Number in phone) if it's allowed to make calls/texts/data, not necessarily the network that it's currently on (ie Sprint in this case)
    Left: Verizon Unlimited LTE, Right: CenturyLink DSL at Home

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    44
    Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    Obviously you do not know the difference between secured credit (which is what a house or car would be) and unsecured credit which is what a cell provider extends to its customers. A house or car has a title and the buyer receives a clear title upon a purchase. No such title exists for cell phones. T-Mobile should collect unpaid debts per the laws regarding unsecured credit and has it has no basis to make inoperable the property of rightful owners.
    Yes , let's blame T-mobile cause some scumbag decided to sell a phone I'm pretty sure he knew didn't work.

    Seriously ?


    If it was blacklisted cause of not finishing EIP payment plan , then technically it's still T-Mobile's phone till that obligation is paid off. If it was reported stolen , again they have a right to blacklist it. If they didn't then people would abuse that loop-hole and report their old phone stolen , get a new phone and sell the old phone for profit.

    So again how is T-mobile the bad guy again ? They didn't sell him that phone.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Norton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,897
    Phones
    HTC Amaze 4G
    HTC Amaze 4G
    Motorola Defy
    Carriers
    T-mobile
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SauceMaster View Post
    Yes , let's blame T-mobile cause some scumbag decided to sell a phone I'm pretty sure he knew didn't work.

    Seriously ?


    If it was blacklisted cause of not finishing EIP payment plan , then technically it's still T-Mobile's phone till that obligation is paid off. If it was reported stolen , again they have a right to blacklist it. If they didn't then people would abuse that loop-hole and report their old phone stolen , get a new phone and sell the old phone for profit.

    So again how is T-mobile the bad guy again ? They didn't sell him that phone.
    +1... I don't know how anyone could conclude that t-mobile is in the wrong for this. If someone steals my phone, I hope the person who gets it can't use it.

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using HowardForums
    Speeds from my HTC Sensation The last one is Roadrunner-Way to impress, Time Warner


Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-24-2010, 03:11 PM
  2. Hands on with the Samsung Galaxy Tab
    By howard in forum Samsung
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 08:06 PM
  3. Help With Bell Plan With a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant
    By trueimage in forum Bell Mobility
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 09:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks