Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can i recover my Data Connection? - LG Esteem

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score

How can i recover my Data Connection? - LG Esteem

I had an app called "Easy Battery Saver". It was working real good until todays update, it just killed my data connection. I uninstalled this app and STILL no Data connection. I went to settings to see if the Data Enabled option was not checked, but it is checked and STILL no Data connection!!! WTF happened? how can i get my 4G internet back!!!

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    from another droid forum

Re-install easy battery saver

Open app -> menu -> settings -> restore network settings
    seems to be the consensus from multiple postings. I would imagine you could uninstall it after restoring the network settings.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, i did. I restored that Mofo like 20 times. And still NO 4G yet... Im so pissed and stressed right now. Will i end up having to Factory Reset my phone? will that solve it?

Feedback Score
    I had to do a factory reset this morning and i finally got the 4g back but the speed still sucks! About 500k. I spoke to the metro reps and they had me manually rest all the setting but nothing worked.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using HowardForums

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Wow, That is messed up!!!!

Carrier
    Metro Pcs
    Feedback Score
    Maybe now that the 4g setting are at Factory setting the phone needs the updated to truly get better connection speeds. Just a thought

Phone
    LG Esteem
    Carrier
    METRO PCS
    Feedback Score
    i suggest holding off on apps on the market till some real devs look at ways of toggling 4g off and on the Lg esteem speceficly.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    So Um... I Did the factory reset. My 4G is back. with good speeds. But the factory reset never un-rooted my phone, nor did it erase my contacts. Is that normal? Everything is working fine - I just thought it would get un-rooted. Which is good because i didn't have to go through the trouble of rooting again

In a cardboard box off Julie Tuttle Causeway
    Carriers
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    pick a better battery saver app or do what I do, and do the widget for running apps, and manually shut them off.
    normally I got 1 app running....and it shows 1 app> Gauge battery widget
    and when you factory reset, no you do not loose root and your contacts should already be in the cloud with your gmail account.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Awesome thanks... I always have like 8+ apps running in the back ground >.> WTF! No wonder my phone lags sometimes...

But i just can't find a way to not have them running on the background. I'd be fine if only Facebook was the only thing running. But thats not the case. -.-''

Feedback Score

Easy Battery Saver app has disabled my internet! How to do I fix this??

I'm having the same problems!!! I installed the Easy Battery Saver app by easy dev team...... This is the worst app ever!!!!!! It disabled my internet connections I have no 3g/4g ever or no wifi most of the time !! I tried the apps uninstall reset several times and it did nothing! I uninstalled the app n it still has control over my phone settings! I emailed them for help over a week ago still no response still no internet connections !! I reinstalled the app n tried the reset again still wont work !!!! I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO AND FROM WHAT I SEE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE HAVING THESE PROBLEMS!!!! THIS COMPANY IS A JOKE AND I NEED HELP ANY SUGGESTIONS !?!?!

If I do a factory reset wont I lose everything on my phone and all my settings?? Is there anyway to save or do it without losing everything!?!?

What if I go in and delete my Apn settings I created and redo them!?!? Would that help or do anything???

Thanks for ur help in advance....

Sent from my Atrix using straight talk HowardForums

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S 3
    Carrier
    mertoPCS
    Feedback Score
    Simply press menu>settings>Wireless & networks>Mobile networks> Date enabled make sure Data enabled has a check by it and SHAZAM you have 4G back.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nailzer View Post
    Simply press menu>settings>Wireless & networks>Mobile networks> Date enabled make sure Data enabled has a check by it and SHAZAM you have 4G back.
    Wrong. That wont help in this case at all. Since it IS checked. This app completely messed up my APN settings - therefore, losing my data connection for 2 days. Until i decided to do a Factory Reset. That will solve the problem, It did for me anyways.

You wont really lose much of anything. Just make sure your pictures and videos are on your External SD card. Also have a backup of all the apps you will want to re-download immediately, saved in your External SD card as well. And that is pretty much it. After your done, let me know if it worked out for you!

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S 3
    Carrier
    mertoPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeds_03 View Post
    Wrong. That wont help in this case at all. Since it IS checked. This app completely messed up my APN settings - therefore, losing my data connection for 2 days.
    Where are the APN settings in the Esteem. I don't recall seeing or ever reading about them, or it.

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nailzer View Post
    Where are the APN settings in the Esteem. I don't recall seeing or ever reading about them, or it.
    I don't think we have the option to configure/play with the APN settings ourselves. All i know is, that the app mentioned above (Easy Battery Saver) reconfigures your internet connection. Completely FRACKS it up, and their "Restore Apn settings" option is total bull-crap, because it does not restore your Apn settings. It does however, set your Apn so you can receive a 1x signal for a few seconds at complete random times >.<

What i indeed had to do was, Factory reset my phone. And to be honest, my phone is working better than before

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast