Thread: Samsung Galaxy S to Straight Talk

Feedback Score

Samsung Galaxy S to Straight Talk

First off, if this has been posted before I apologize in advance, I have spent the past 4days searching for what I am looking for with no luck at all, so Now I am posting here.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S, Verizon Model Sch-1500V NON SIN CARD PHONE, I had it laying around for simple SG's
    and now I would like to put it on the Straight Talk Network, I already have an account setup but I have a few questions.

Before I begin, I AM NOT ASKING ANYONE HOW TO CHANGE THE ESN, SO PLEASE DO NOT VOLUNTEER THE INFO AND GET THIS THREAD CLOSED!!!

I will be using by previous Straight talk phone as a donor phone, Its a LG 220 , If it matters

1. How can I get the Samsung to "Connect" Onto straight talks network? (Is this something to do with PRL'S?)
    2. Can I get it to only connect for Voice/Text Services and not allow it to connect for any DATA usage? (Is this related to APN's) This way I need not to worry about Straight talk having an issue with excessive data

Please note I already rooted/flashed the phone to CyanogenMod 7.10

Once I can update it to connect to straight talk I think I can get it from there.

Any other pointers that you may offer will be appreciated

Thank you in advance

Feedback Score
    even if you did manage to get the phone working, it won't last. straight talk will shut the phone off and it will be blacklisted

Phone
    V3m
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    even if you did manage to get the phone working, it won't last. straight talk will shut the phone off and it will be blacklisted
    That's a load of bull. Plenty of people run Verizon and Sprint handsets on straight talk. A lot of shops make good business off it. Straight Talk won't do squat. The only way you're gonna get in any trouble is if you pull down massive amounts of data, then they'll cut you off.

Yes, you load a Verizon PRL to the phone. It runs off Verizon's towers so as long as you've got a Verizon PRL on it you just do the normal activation. If you don't want data just turn off your mobile network. Standard data usage shouldn't be an issue. They sell android phones after all (gimped at 1x, but still smartphones) so moderate usage for googling, weather, the basics isn't an issue.

Feedback Score
    Being its already Verizon, once I replace with the Donor Phone, then what? Update it Via *228? Is there a tutorial on this subj??
    Or do I need to find PRL for straight talk?

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    *228 works fine on verizon androids

Sent from my SCH-I500 using HowardForums
    Ill fix it or brick it