Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Straight talk cdma android flash guide

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    83
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0

    Straight talk cdma android flash guide

    1. Buy a donor phone like the lg 220c
    2.leave it in the box NEVER EVER OPEN THAT BOX
    3.using cdma ws or qxdm or cdma tool do what is needed im not saying what meid esn thing
    4.activate your new straight talk service with a zip code far away from you that youll never be in (if you dont you WILL lose service)
    5. dial your ota programming number and your done

    Watch your usage st is finicky bout you using your "unlimited" data
    follow these steps and enjoy
    I will not help with step 3 and i believe this only works on vzw and us cellular handsets tried sprint but no success

    Legality is questionable ive called the fcc a few times and get different answers each time




    Sent from my SCH-I500 using HowardForums
    Last edited by sedds89; 12-31-2011 at 12:00 PM.
    Ill fix it or brick it

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    683
    Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carriers
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Oh brother, I dont even know where to begin with this post! You do know that cloning ESN's is a felony right? And you want donations for your advice to commit a crime?
    iPhone 4 running on StraightTalk Wireless 3G (AT&T MVNO)


    Time Warner Cable (Home ISP)
    [/URL]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    284
    Carriers
    Straight Talk (FTW)
    Page plus (gone)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRomeo View Post
    Oh brother, I dont even know where to begin with this post! You do know that cloning ESN's is a felony right? And you want donations for your advice to commit a crime?
    i know esn cloning is "illegal" in some respects, but its really not that serious(hear me out). in this instance, nothing is being done that is morally unjust as far as committing a crime. how different is it from using the "unlocked sim in non ST phones" work around? different process, same result. i am not claiming that esn cloning is totally just, because there are some who do use it for eeeviiiiillll (the unlocked sim method can be exploited in similar respects as well). it just doesnt make sense when people get so anal about it and make it seem like it is equal of crimes that hold the felony title. for example: murder, armed robbery of a bank, not paying your taxes and rape. these are indeed serious, felonious crimes; but esn cloning? come on now.. Name 3 people who have been charged and convicted of esn cloning...

    i am not defending nor supporting the use of this method. i am only making known how it should be looked upon.
    The story of your life:
    ::

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,970
    Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    About 90% of the drug dealers do not get caught. Does that make it less of a crime?
    Earl F. Parrish

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Plains, MO
    Posts
    4
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I don't get it... what are we cloning in this "guide"?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    284
    Carriers
    Straight Talk (FTW)
    Page plus (gone)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    About 90% of the drug dealers do not get caught. Does that make it less of a crime?
    that is a great point, but out of the 10% percent of people that do get get caught, tens of thousands of names can be drawn, which signifies the importance of the crime.
    Last edited by bigdaddyaaron; 12-31-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelling, ewww

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    83
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    The fcc said it may be a violation of straight talk but its not against the law as long as both phones are not used

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using HowardForums

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,376
    Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Wrong.

    Morally, you're fine...you own both phones and are not intending to "defraud" anybody. But to say that it is, strictly speaking, legal is incorrect.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    139
    Feedback Score
    0
    sedds89,

    how is the data limit with this? Is it still 2GB, or less than that?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    383
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sedds89 View Post
    The fcc said it may be a violation of straight talk but its not against the law as long as both phones are not used

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using HowardForums
    Sounds fair to me.

    Can someone post any actual LAWS regarding this. Nothing on the DMCA

    Don't see how it could possibly be a felony.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    430
    Phones
    Nokia N8
    Captivate
    Defy (MB525)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Bah.. Who care's about this law B.S. I believe a police officer would finish a coffee and doughnut, than to waste time with such a petty issue.

    Anyway, thanks for the guide! (Guide's are usually more detailed.. This "guide" is just plain and rough) I will not being using it, but it will surely help someone else.

    BTW, why do you need to activate the phone in a Zip code to where you will never go? I'm just a little confused.
    You can either eat the two peanuts I gave to you, or crush them..

    - I'm bout to show a city slicker how to kick it in the sticks -

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    39
    Feedback Score
    0
    Won't the phone stop working w/o any airtank software?

    Also whats the ota code? *228?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    If I already turned the phone donor LG290C, is it mean I already activated and I can't flash & activate the android phone?
    Help me please, what is mean:
    leave it in the box NEVER EVER OPEN THAT BOX

    Thanks

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    111
    Carriers
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    About 90% of the drug dealers do not get caught. Does that make it less of a crime?
    So your comparing cloning a cell phone with selling someone potentially fatal narcotics? Wtf? Jaywalking is illegal, are you going to compare that to building a pipe bomb?

    Sent from my motorola atrix using howard forums

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,970
    Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    I was responding to the person who said that because people do not get caught, there is no crime. You do not have a dog in this fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyaaron View Post
    i know esn cloning is "illegal" in some respects, but its really not that serious(hear me out). in this instance, nothing is being done that is morally unjust as far as committing a crime. how different is it from using the "unlocked sim in non ST phones" work around? different process, same result. i am not claiming that esn cloning is totally just, because there are some who do use it for eeeviiiiillll (the unlocked sim method can be exploited in similar respects as well). it just doesnt make sense when people get so anal about it and make it seem like it is equal of crimes that hold the felony title. for example: murder, armed robbery of a bank, not paying your taxes and rape. these are indeed serious, felonious crimes; but esn cloning? come on now.. Name 3 people who have been charged and convicted of esn cloning...

    i am not defending nor supporting the use of this method. i am only making known how it should be looked upon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 698
    Last Post: 08-16-2013, 08:50 PM
  2. Nokia E71 on Straight Talk: CDMA or GSM?
    By billburnett in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 12:46 PM
  3. What is the best straight talk CDMA phone on Verizon service?
    By icefire_wiccan in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2011, 01:00 PM
  4. Straight Talk CDMA Coverage and Registration
    By mobileperson in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 10:33 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 12:29 AM

Bookmarks