Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Straight talk cdma android flash guide

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Straight talk cdma android flash guide

1. Buy a donor phone like the lg 220c
    2.leave it in the box NEVER EVER OPEN THAT BOX
    3.using cdma ws or qxdm or cdma tool do what is needed im not saying what meid esn thing
    4.activate your new straight talk service with a zip code far away from you that youll never be in (if you dont you WILL lose service)
    5. dial your ota programming number and your done

Watch your usage st is finicky bout you using your "unlimited" data
    follow these steps and enjoy
    I will not help with step 3 and i believe this only works on vzw and us cellular handsets tried sprint but no success

Legality is questionable ive called the fcc a few times and get different answers each time

Sent from my SCH-I500 using HowardForums
    Last edited by sedds89; 12-31-2011 at 12:00 PM.
    Ill fix it or brick it

Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carriers
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Oh brother, I dont even know where to begin with this post! You do know that cloning ESN's is a felony right? And you want donations for your advice to commit a crime?
    iPhone 4 running on StraightTalk Wireless 3G (AT&T MVNO)

Time Warner Cable (Home ISP)
    [/URL]

Carriers
    Straight Talk (FTW)
    Page plus (gone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRomeo View Post
    Oh brother, I dont even know where to begin with this post! You do know that cloning ESN's is a felony right? And you want donations for your advice to commit a crime?
    i know esn cloning is "illegal" in some respects, but its really not that serious(hear me out). in this instance, nothing is being done that is morally unjust as far as committing a crime. how different is it from using the "unlocked sim in non ST phones" work around? different process, same result. i am not claiming that esn cloning is totally just, because there are some who do use it for eeeviiiiillll (the unlocked sim method can be exploited in similar respects as well). it just doesnt make sense when people get so anal about it and make it seem like it is equal of crimes that hold the felony title. for example: murder, armed robbery of a bank, not paying your taxes and rape. these are indeed serious, felonious crimes; but esn cloning? come on now.. Name 3 people who have been charged and convicted of esn cloning...

i am not defending nor supporting the use of this method. i am only making known how it should be looked upon.
    The story of your life:
    ::

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    About 90% of the drug dealers do not get caught. Does that make it less of a crime?
    Earl F. Parrish

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't get it... what are we cloning in this "guide"?

Carriers
    Straight Talk (FTW)
    Page plus (gone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    About 90% of the drug dealers do not get caught. Does that make it less of a crime?
    that is a great point, but out of the 10% percent of people that do get get caught, tens of thousands of names can be drawn, which signifies the importance of the crime.
    Last edited by bigdaddyaaron; 12-31-2011 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelling, ewww

Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    The fcc said it may be a violation of straight talk but its not against the law as long as both phones are not used

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wrong.

Morally, you're fine...you own both phones and are not intending to "defraud" anybody. But to say that it is, strictly speaking, legal is incorrect.

Feedback Score
    sedds89,

how is the data limit with this? Is it still 2GB, or less than that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sedds89 View Post
    The fcc said it may be a violation of straight talk but its not against the law as long as both phones are not used

Sounds fair to me.

Can someone post any actual LAWS regarding this. Nothing on the DMCA

Don't see how it could possibly be a felony.

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Captivate
    Defy (MB525)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Bah.. Who care's about this law B.S. I believe a police officer would finish a coffee and doughnut, than to waste time with such a petty issue.

Anyway, thanks for the guide! (Guide's are usually more detailed.. This "guide" is just plain and rough) I will not being using it, but it will surely help someone else.

BTW, why do you need to activate the phone in a Zip code to where you will never go? I'm just a little confused.
    You can either eat the two peanuts I gave to you, or crush them..

- I'm bout to show a city slicker how to kick it in the sticks -

Feedback Score
    Won't the phone stop working w/o any airtank software?

Also whats the ota code? *228?

Feedback Score
    If I already turned the phone donor LG290C, is it mean I already activated and I can't flash & activate the android phone?
    Help me please, what is mean:
    leave it in the box NEVER EVER OPEN THAT BOX

Thanks

Carriers
    straight talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    So your comparing cloning a cell phone with selling someone potentially fatal narcotics? Wtf? Jaywalking is illegal, are you going to compare that to building a pipe bomb?

Sent from my motorola atrix using howard forums

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I was responding to the person who said that because people do not get caught, there is no crime. You do not have a dog in this fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyaaron View Post
    i know esn cloning is "illegal" in some respects, but its really not that serious(hear me out). in this instance, nothing is being done that is morally unjust as far as committing a crime. how different is it from using the "unlocked sim in non ST phones" work around? different process, same result. i am not claiming that esn cloning is totally just, because there are some who do use it for eeeviiiiillll (the unlocked sim method can be exploited in similar respects as well). it just doesnt make sense when people get so anal about it and make it seem like it is equal of crimes that hold the felony title. for example: murder, armed robbery of a bank, not paying your taxes and rape. these are indeed serious, felonious crimes; but esn cloning? come on now.. Name 3 people who have been charged and convicted of esn cloning...

i am not defending nor supporting the use of this method. i am only making known how it should be looked upon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast