As many as I can.
    iPhone 4S (Work)
    Moto G LTE (Cricket)
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yudiwxh View Post
    If I already turned the phone donor LG290C, is it mean I already activated and I can't flash & activate the android phone?
    Help me please, what is mean:
    leave it in the box NEVER EVER OPEN THAT BOX

Thanks
    Changing, cloning and/or modifying your ESN is illegal. There's lots of countermeasures in place to prevent this. If you were to clone an already activated phone you would get caught. I'm not really going to go into the details of CDMA secutriy, you can search google and figure it out if you were so inclined. The least that would happen is that they'll cut your service off and you'll lose your number, the worst thing that could happen is you'd go to "federal pound-me-in-the-*** prison".

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyaaron View Post
    i know esn cloning is "illegal" in some respects, but its really not that serious(hear me out). in this instance, nothing is being done that is morally unjust as far as committing a crime. how different is it from using the "unlocked sim in non ST phones" work around? different process, same result. i am not claiming that esn cloning is totally just, because there are some who do use it for eeeviiiiillll (the unlocked sim method can be exploited in similar respects as well). it just doesnt make sense when people get so anal about it and make it seem like it is equal of crimes that hold the felony title. for example: murder, armed robbery of a bank, not paying your taxes and rape. these are indeed serious, felonious crimes; but esn cloning? come on now.. Name 3 people who have been charged and convicted of esn cloning...

i am not defending nor supporting the use of this method. i am only making known how it should be looked upon.
    Kevin Mitnick is probably the most famous.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAddict View Post
    Bah.. Who care's about this law B.S. I believe a police officer would finish a coffee and doughnut, than to waste time with such a petty issue.

Anyway, thanks for the guide! (Guide's are usually more detailed.. This "guide" is just plain and rough) I will not being using it, but it will surely help someone else.

BTW, why do you need to activate the phone in a Zip code to where you will never go? I'm just a little confused.
    Yea this wasn't a guide at all and I don't get the zip code thing either...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sedds89 View Post
    4.activate your new straight talk service with a zip code far away from you that youll never be in (if you dont you WILL lose service)
    yeah.. i dont get #4 either. How about providing some more info on why?

Feedback Score

It is not illegal at all to do this..

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyaaron View Post
    i know esn cloning is "illegal" in some respects, but its really not that serious(hear me out). in this instance, nothing is being done that is morally unjust as far as committing a crime. how different is it from using the "unlocked sim in non ST phones" work around? different process, same result. i am not claiming that esn cloning is totally just, because there are some who do use it for eeeviiiiillll (the unlocked sim method can be exploited in similar respects as well). it just doesnt make sense when people get so anal about it and make it seem like it is equal of crimes that hold the felony title. for example: murder, armed robbery of a bank, not paying your taxes and rape. these are indeed serious, felonious crimes; but esn cloning? come on now.. Name 3 people who have been charged and convicted of esn cloning...

i am not defending nor supporting the use of this method. i am only making known how it should be looked upon.
    It is not illegal, whoever told you that is an idiot, it is illegal to clone a phone which is if in fact you did this to your phone and the phone you didnt decide to crush and throw away you used it would then be a felony and thats it....so stop telling people bull like this.. and i know cause i am in the legal industry

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Ugh. Another one of these threads.

All (except the first generation Straight Talk CDMA phones that are so rare they're impossible to find even on eBay) Verizon-powered CDMA Straight Talk phones have the TracFone-style "air tank" software. Its purpose is to enforce the limitations of the $30 "all you need" plan, but there's still some two-way communication between the "air tank" software on your phone and Straight Talk's servers that takes place (over text messaging) even with the $45 "unlimited" plan. Since your cloned phone has no "air tank" software, Straight Talk will know something is up. Did you see that Star Trek movie where that space probe wants to talk to extinct humpback whales and then proceeds to fry the planet because it doesn't get a reply? Yeah, that's the basic idea of what happens to your service.

Secondly (and without anymore geeky Star Trek references), none of the Verizon powered phones are real smartphones. Even the most expensive models Straight Talk has ever sold were glorified feature phones. I'm also pretty sure none of the Verizon Straight Talk phones support EVDO data speeds. Your cloned phone will use EVDO (3G) data at speeds no official Straight Talk phone should be capable of - it will stick out like a sore thumb.

In other words, while you can do this - they will know you're doing it and they will eventually cancel your service. While you may not care about a prepaid service being cancelled, America Movil does have a history of pursuing legal action against people they feel to be defrauding their service.

Feedback Score
    Hmm, never knew about the "air tank" software. I wonder if virgin mobile has that...?

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmculver1 View Post
    It is not illegal, whoever told you that is an idiot, it is illegal to clone a phone which is if in fact you did this to your phone and the phone you didnt decide to crush and throw away you used it would then be a felony and thats it....so stop telling people bull like this.. and i know cause i am in the legal industry
    Do you use sixty-seven word sentences in your legal briefs? A judge would find you in contempt for writing like that.
    Wireless Telephone Protection Act of 1998:
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-10...105publ172.pdf
    18 USC § 1029(a)

Sent from my GtabComb using HowardForums
    Last edited by efparri; 01-18-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    Earl F. Parrish

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    Ugh. Another one of these threads.

All (except the first generation Straight Talk CDMA phones that are so rare they're impossible to find even on eBay) Verizon-powered CDMA Straight Talk phones have the TracFone-style "air tank" software. Its purpose is to enforce the limitations of the $30 "all you need" plan, but there's still some two-way communication between the "air tank" software on your phone and Straight Talk's servers that takes place (over text messaging) even with the $45 "unlimited" plan. Since your cloned phone has no "air tank" software, Straight Talk will know something is up. Did you see that Star Trek movie where that space probe wants to talk to extinct humpback whales and then proceeds to fry the planet because it doesn't get a reply? Yeah, that's the basic idea of what happens to your service.

Secondly (and without anymore geeky Star Trek references), none of the Verizon powered phones are real smartphones. Even the most expensive models Straight Talk has ever sold were glorified feature phones. I'm also pretty sure none of the Verizon Straight Talk phones support EVDO data speeds. Your cloned phone will use EVDO (3G) data at speeds no official Straight Talk phone should be capable of - it will stick out like a sore thumb.

In other words, while you can do this - they will know you're doing it and they will eventually cancel your service. While you may not care about a prepaid service being cancelled, America Movil does have a history of pursuing legal action against people they feel to be defrauding their service.
    maybe i saw it on another thread similar to this, but didn't someone mention/ask about just turning the donor phone on so it can talk via the air tank and fix whatever the problem is? i guess by the time you receive the air tank text you cant exactly ask ST to resend it to the donor phone.. and like you said the phone might stick out anyway since its using 3G EVDO compared to phones that only have basic mobile web services

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Based upon the reading of the Wireless Phone Protection Act of 1998, it appears to include ESNs, MEIDs and IMEIs in the identification numbers which cannot be cloned.
    (c) DEFINITIONS.—Section 1029(e)(8) of title 18, United States
    Code, is amended by inserting before the period ‘‘or to intercept
    an electronic serial number, mobile identification number, or other
    identifier of any telecommunications service, equipment, or
    instrument’’.

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justan00b View Post
    maybe i saw it on another thread similar to this, but didn't someone mention/ask about just turning the donor phone on so it can talk via the air tank and fix whatever the problem is? i guess by the time you receive the air tank text you cant exactly ask ST to resend it to the donor phone.. and like you said the phone might stick out anyway since its using 3G EVDO compared to phones that only have basic mobile web services
    Turning the donor on (even with the clone switched off) will just get your service cancelled all the more quickly. Verizon uses A-Keys to prevent cloning and once they've detected a different A-Key on the same MEID/ESN, it's all over.

Feedback Score
    thanks for the guide, anyone knows how to get MMS?

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What is Cdma flashing?
    Lolee71

Phone
    Optimus G
    Carrier
    Not Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lolee71 View Post
    What is Cdma flashing?
    Something not worth the effort to mess with when you are talking about Straight Talk. If you want to bring your own device to Straight Talk, then it needs to be a GSM device.

Feedback Score
    That is a very practical answer, but not an answer to what was asked. There are some carriers that will allow you to import your ESN and MEID into their systems, I think cricket and MetroPCS will. Flashing the software will put their companies software on your phone, and add the ESN/MEID to their system. But some people "flash" i.e. "clone" the information into a phone making the carrier believe it is the phone they activated, when it is a different phone. Taking a Nexus S4g and putting it on Boost requires cloneing. There are software packages that help with the cloning, but their use is frowned upon in these forums.

Carriers
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spekkio View Post
    Something not worth the effort to mess with when you are talking about Straight Talk. If you want to bring your own device to Straight Talk, then it needs to be a GSM device.
    +1
    and also illegal. ST/Tracfone have a reputation for being vindictive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast