Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Straight talk cdma android flash guide

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I flashed an HTC EVO 4G to Straight Talk. I used my correct zip code. I was immediately getting lots of texts from Straight Talk that were meant to be answered by the Air Tank Software. I put the HTC EVO into airplane mode and turned on the donor phone. I initiated the programming and then I made a call on the donor phone and let it do it's Air Tank thing. I left it on for about an hour. I then went online to the Straight Talk web site to make sure there were no problems. Before this, it would say there was a programming problem. My Straight Talk account online showed everything was fine now. I then shut off the donor phone and took the EVO out of Airplane Mode. The EVO worked fine. I used it for a few weeks. Then once they offered the SIM cards I bought one and changed my phone to an HTC Amaze. I do not know if in the long run the phone would have stayed on but what I did appeared to have solved the problem.

Carriers
    VZW PP 50
    Feedback Score
    What st phone did you use? And I take it you had it active before doing the flash to your htc?

Quote Originally Posted by Venom4u View Post
    I flashed an HTC EVO 4G to Straight Talk. I used my correct zip code. I was immediately getting lots of texts from Straight Talk that were meant to be answered by the Air Tank Software. I put the HTC EVO into airplane mode and turned on the donor phone. I initiated the programming and then I made a call on the donor phone and let it do it's Air Tank thing. I left it on for about an hour. I then went online to the Straight Talk web site to make sure there were no problems. Before this, it would say there was a programming problem. My Straight Talk account online showed everything was fine now. I then shut off the donor phone and took the EVO out of Airplane Mode. The EVO worked fine. I used it for a few weeks. Then once they offered the SIM cards I bought one and changed my phone to an HTC Amaze. I do not know if in the long run the phone would have stayed on but what I did appeared to have solved the problem.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    The phone was a cheap LG flip phone. Can't remember the model number. I activated the ST account online, but never activated the ST phone until what I mentioned above. I think if I had used a ST Android phone, then the EVO would have worked fine from the beginning as the Android phones did not have the air tank software.

Phones
    evo 3d, samsung infuse, galaxy s2
    Evo 3d
    samsung infuse
    Carriers
    straight talk
    Nothing on the droid 4 now
    Feedback Score
    just moved somewhere up in the mountains 7 my sprint evo 3d sucks here. its been awhile since Ive been moding phones so im guessin its just a verizon thing. metro will flash anything or they used to they never cared about the esn. sounds like i need to do some catchin up. if anyone has any info on gettin this sprint evo3d to straight talk pm me please

Phones
    Note2/Oppo7a
    Galaxy Express
    Note 2
    Carriers
    GoPhone $35
    Feedback Score
    First off, crappie guide.

I was swapping esns and meids from 2005 till 2012. Feb 2012 sprint finally caught up with me. All my hacked phones had the data stop, then a few days later calls would go to voice mail and finally no more calls out. Turn on the donor phone and everything worked fine. That's all that happened.

Unless you commiting fraud or selling hundreds of hacked phones, you are just not worth anyone's time or money to do anything with. Worst case, the carrier drops you.

Phone
    SM-N900A GoPhone Walmart Special, Samsung SGH-I337 GoPhone Walmart Special
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gedster314 View Post
    First off, crappie guide.

I was swapping esns and meids from 2005 till 2012. Feb 2012 sprint finally caught up with me. All my hacked phones had the data stop, then a few days later calls would go to voice mail and finally no more calls out. Turn on the donor phone and everything worked fine. That's all that happened.

Unless you commiting fraud or selling hundreds of hacked phones, you are just not worth anyone's time or money to do anything with. Worst case, the carrier drops you.
    Isn't cloning an ESN illegal? I've read somewhere that it can be done with Page Plus, what is their method, just flashing the phone? or I'm not with the program. This thread started back in 2011 and lots of cheaper devices have come on the market so why take the chance of being flag from the carrier or your provider?

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpidio View Post
    Isn't cloning an ESN illegal? I've read somewhere that it can be done with Page Plus, what is their method, just flashing the phone?
    Page Plus dealers can activate pretty much any MEID/ESN that Verizon is willing to accept. Non-Verizon phones need their PRL changed and require some various hacking to get EVDO data and MMS working properly (most free guides only get you 1xRTT data). MEID altering of the handset isn't needed.

MEID altering for the sole purpose of carrier interoperability was a legal gray area, but with the unlocking exemption removed it's probably back to being illegal. Of course, this won't change some peoples' minds - piracy is illegal and people still do that, too.

Feedback Score

Screw um

Quote Originally Posted by MrRomeo View Post
    Oh brother, I dont even know where to begin with this post! You do know that cloning ESN's is a felony right? And you want donations for your advice to commit a crime?

Too Many Laws Turn Innocents into Criminals. America is in the throes of “overcriminalization.”
    We are making and enforcing far too many criminal laws that create traps for the innocent but unwary, and threaten to turn otherwise respectable, law-abiding citizens into criminals. Consider a few examples from the new book “One Nation Under Arrest”:

http://www.heritage.org/research/com...into-criminals

Criminalizing everyone:
    As Tim Wu recounted in 2007, a popular game in the U.S. Attorney’s office in the Southern District of New York was to name a famous person – Mother Teresa, or John Lennon -* and decide how they could be prosecuted....: The trick and the skill lay in finding the more obscure offenses that fit the character of the celebrity and carried the toughest sentences. The, result, however, was inevitable: “prison time....”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...yone/?page=all

The Barr Code: Everyone’s a criminal in Uncle Sam’s eyes
    The explosive growth in the number of federal crimes in recent decades has been nothing short of phenomenal. Three crimes — three — were considered of sufficient importance and of a unique federal nature, to be included specifically in the Constitution. Those three uniquely federal crimes are treason, piracy and counterfeiting. Fast faward to 2011 and there are nearly 4,500 federal offenses. This figure does not even include the many more thousands of federal regulations that can be enforced by the government as criminal offenses.

http://blogs.ajc.com/bob-barr-blog/2...cle-sams-eyes/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3