Thread: flashing MiFi 2200

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

flashing MiFi 2200

has anybody flash a mifi 2200 onto boost?...i found sum steps on on to do it for cricket but in need of some boost mobile files, like PRL etc? or will this be done OTA??
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    signature to help him gain world domination.

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i see alot of ppl using verizon mifis??? i thought boost only deals with "sprint" esn's only?

Carrier
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Short answer, a MiFi cannot be activated on Boost PAYGO 50 cent/day data, at least not without breaking US Federal law. Long answer, yes, but there is a chances that you could be charged with a crime. How big of a chance? No one really knows for sure. The actual methods to do this cannot be discussed on this forum; look elsewhere.

Others here may argue semantics (I'm referring to you, LargePrime), but this is the long and short of it, and I will not be drawn into a pointless debate.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    how can i go about getting the 50 cent a day data? i wanna use a mifi with it

i found on boosts website the 50 cent a day for WEB...can i some how get a sprint mifi turn on and use the unlimited data for 50 cent a day?

Feedback Score
    i see alot of ppl using verizon mifis??
    ask them. Tell us what you find.
    Putting the phone you want on the service you pay for is not a crime. No one has ever been convicted of it!
    No one has ever been convicted of talking about it either!

If you think I helped, please Click the star below. Unfortunately there is no "you're an idiot" button yet, but you can PM me!
    | | |
    VVV

Carrier
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    LP, you mean you're not going to tell him how it's kinda legal and then kinda not, so you can argue with yourself? And I was ready to pop the popcorn. Am disappoint.

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LargePrime View Post
    ask them. Tell us what you find.

i dont know these people..they are just people on the forums that i read about

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
    LP, you mean you're not going to tell him how it's kinda legal and then kinda not, so you can argue with yourself? And I was ready to pop the popcorn. Am disappoint.
    Stick to adding value to the thread please. This posts adds nothing whatsoever.

Become a Premium Member
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Feedback Score
    i dont know these people..they are just people on the forums that i read about
    Ask all these people you say are using Verizon mifi's

Here is your chance to contribute!

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    if i wanted to ask all those ppl then i wouldnt have came here...i would have thought that somebody has already done this on the forums...also im here for help and that what this forum does is to help ppl

Carrier
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    "Help", yes. Blatantly violate Boosts's terms by 'helping' you to put a device on the network that has the sole purpose of sucking down massive amounts of already strained/limited 3G data? Nope. If you want to use a MiFi, go to a company that offers it legitimately. But be prepared to pay your fair share; the service generally is not cheap.

if i wanted to ask all those ppl then i wouldnt have came here...i would have thought that somebody has already done this on the forums...also im here for help and that what this forum does is to help ppl

Carrier
    AIO, Cricket or whatever AT&T is calling it this week
    Feedback Score
    I'd advise that the most legal method is simply to buy one of the official Android phones, root it and install a wireless tethering app. Granted, you are still violating Boost's TOS, but you're not violating any laws.

Alternatively, T-Mobile and Virgin both offer less expensive "data centric" plans and have rootable phones.

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "Help", yes. Blatantly violate Boosts's terms by 'helping' you to put a device on the network that has the sole purpose of sucking down massive amounts of already strained/limited 3G data? Nope. If you want to use a MiFi, go to a company that offers it legitimately. But be prepared to pay your fair share; the service generally is not cheap.
    first off this is prepaid if boost wants to kick me off for "sucking down massive amounts" or for any reason then thats BOOST problem not mine... "sucking down massive amounts of already strained/limited 3G data" again thats boost/sprint issue that they need to fix but thats besides the point...and to be real i can give a crap about boost and what they think/feel about how i use the network...anybody with REAL input please post if you dont then just move on i dont care what your 2 cents

Carrier
    Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Maybe this will sink in better - I refuse to help you rip off Boost just because you want to be cheap. Pay your fair share for whatever particular service you want from a company.

first off this is prepaid if boost wants to kick me off for "sucking down massive amounts" or for any reason then thats BOOST problem not mine... "sucking down massive amounts of already strained/limited 3G data" again thats boost/sprint issue that they need to fix but thats besides the point...and to be real i can give a crap about boost and what they think/feel about how i use the network...anybody with REAL input please post if you dont then just move on i dont care what your 2 cents

Phone
    In-Limbo
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO Premium 500
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe this will sink in better - I refuse to help you rip off Boost just because you want to be cheap. Pay your fair share for whatever particular service you want from a company.
    please stop posting in this thread your input is no longer wanted thank you

Feedback Score
    So you have found a forum where people are talking about using verizion mifis on boost, but you don't want to ask them, you want to ask here?

then i will say the methods are the same as any other esn mod.

Also note that deathtrip claimed, and some admins here confirmed, that some 3g sticks could go on boost without esn mods.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast