Thread: Lost my voicemail pw, what do I do now?

Feedback Score

Lost my voicemail pw, what do I do now?

I tried calling into my voicemail and it asked for a pw. The ones I tried didn't work. I must have set up the voicemail pw on the E71 (before the SIM swap into the Atrix) and didn't write it down. How can I change my voicemail pw? Can it be done online?

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Can I change my Voice Mail pass code?
    To reset your pass code, call your Voice Mailbox and listen to the tutorial. If there are no instructions for resetting the pass code, contact our Customer Care Center at 1-877-430-CELL (2355) to speak to a representative.
    from http://www.straighttalk.com/controll...y=voicemailset

I don't see a way to reset it online. Sounds like though you'll have to call ST to reset it. Might be easier to contact them from Facebook.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. I called ST (from a landline) and asked them to reset my pw. I had to answer the secret question. Then they told me the default pw is my 7 digit telephone #, and that if they reset my pw, I will lose all my messages. As soon as I got off the phone, I called and was able to get in with my phone number as the pw, then changed the pw, and was able to listen to all my messages.

Feedback Score
    Since I had my password reset yesterday, I've been having intermittent success getting into my voicemail. Password didn't work last night, worked this morning and did not work again tonight. I get: "I'm sorry, that's not the correct password" but I DID enter the correct password! Anyone else have this problem?

Feedback Score
    Hmmn, this is very strange. I called my voicemail from another phone (not the Atrix) and hit "*" and typed my pw and got into my voicemail with no problem, I then changed my pw again. I then called voicemail from the Atrix and couldn't get in with the new pw. Calling from a phone other than the Atrix, I can with no problem.

Does the APN SIM swap have anything to do with this? Isn't the phone number stored in the SIM card?

I think the next thing I am going to try is put the SIM card in the E71 and see if I can get into my voicemail.

Carrier
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Its possible your phone is programmed to call the wrong voicemail number. Dial your own number from the phone itself and it should go into your voicemail box to retrieve your messages.

I use Google Voice for voicemail, which is better since you get "enhanced voicemail" like features

Sent from my Atrix 4G

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjudge View Post
    Its possible your phone is programmed to call the wrong voicemail number. Dial your own number from the phone itself and it should go into your voicemail box to retrieve your messages.

I use Google Voice for voicemail, which is better since you get "enhanced voicemail" like features

Sent from my Atrix 4G
    I dialed my number from the Atrix keypad and it shows dialing voicemail. Doesn't that indicate the Atrix is programmed with the correct number? In the call logs, all the voicemails calls have my phone number on it.

It seems if i call my voicemail from any phone except my Atrix, I can always get into my voicemail with the pw. If I call from the Atrix, it tells me I have the incorrect pw most of the time.

Are there any issues if I put the SIM card into the E71 to make some calls? Will that raise any flags with ST?

Feedback Score
    How do you use google voice with Straight Talk? I'm Atrix 4g and when I tried GV it came back that ST isn't one of the carriers they support. Thanks in advance Silentjudge!