I really like my ancient QCP-6035 and I want to keep using it. It is still grandfathered in service on Verizon's network - am I the last one left? Recently the phone began to have software errors; it started shutting off unexpectedly, and often won't turn back on. (It has given 10+ years of faithful service!) The Palm Pilot software side works fine. Many soft and hard resets have not helped. I went into programming while it was working and made notes of all the info. I don't remember what all programming can do, but I know I can't just type my working ESN into the another handset and have that one work as mine.

Flashing the phone would probably fix it, but I'm not sure how to do it. I found a link to the firmware on LBOCEAN.COM's page in an earlier post. I installed the KWPST software, but the software is not recognizing the phone on COM1. I confirmed I can do a regular sync on COM1 so it is connected.

Rather than update the firmware, my preference would be to just switch to a spare handset. I have spare 6035s that I kept in case of a hardware failure. It seems like I'm five years too late for any of my friends to remember how to help me with this. Will I need a different cable? I only have my sync cradle with 9 pin serial cable attached to an XP laptop.

It would be great if somebody could help me get the software needed to do an ESN swap to repair my phone, and walk me through the process.