Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile to Page Plus

Feedback Score

T-Mobile to Page Plus

Greetings,

I am looking for a good deal on a low-use cell phone plan. My wife and I only use about 450 voice minutes and 180 text messages per month. It looks like one of Page Plus' plans would be perfect!

Right now we have a T-Mobile phone. I assume we will have to buy a new phone, but it would be nice to keep our same phone number. What is a decent, cheap phone we could use on the network? Is it best to buy from Page Plus or from Wal Mart, or?

Can someone describe the process for switching from T-Mobile to Page Plus?

Also, I was looking at "The 12" plan. Is it better to start out with unlimited and then renew with "The 12"?

Thank you in advance for any help.

--McFarnell

Feedback Score
    How do the plans work? How can you only renew every 120 days - it seems they are monthly plans.

Phones
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    HTC Diamond
    HTC TP2
    Carriers
    Sprint PCS
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    the monthly plans are indeed monthly. the 120day expiration is the pay-as-you-go "standard plan". Go to www.pagepluscellular.com to see it all laid out. Buying the refills from www.callingmart.com is one good option.

not sure why you'd want to start with the unlimited plan... from your description, either two $12/mo plans or perhaps one $30 and one $12 would work for you. You didn't say whether you want any data -- the $30 plan (TnT1200) is definitely better suited for some data use.

If you are just looking for dumb flip phones, there are many to choose from. I like the Moto W385, which go for about $30 each on ebay. For an entry level smartphone, there is the Moto Q9m or the recent popular Palm Pixi, both for around $50, but if you get these, definitely go for the TnT1200 plan.

the one aspect of PagePlus, which is both good and less good for newbies, is that generally you will want to get your PP phones off of ebay or CL. You CANNOT buy Verizon prepaid phones in Walmart, etc and expect them to work (and you won't want to pay full retail from Verizon). If you are not comfortable with ebay then hunt around CL and see what's available in your locale (probably tons of Verizon used phones available...)

Phones
    too many to list
    virgin mobile blackberry curve 8530
    Page Plus Droid X2 and Droid 3
    Carriers
    virgin mobile
    lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    I think tm prepaid would work best for you will get to keep your phones.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using HowardForums
    Peter Is A God AkA Gods Son

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by McFarnell View Post
    Greetings,

I am looking for a good deal on a low-use cell phone plan. My wife and I only use about 450 voice minutes and 180 text messages per month. It looks like one of Page Plus' plans would be perfect!

Right now we have a T-Mobile phone. I assume we will have to buy a new phone, but it would be nice to keep our same phone number. What is a decent, cheap phone we could use on the network? Is it best to buy from Page Plus or from Wal Mart, or?

Can someone describe the process for switching from T-Mobile to Page Plus?

Also, I was looking at "The 12" plan. Is it better to start out with unlimited and then renew with "The 12"?

Thank you in advance for any help.

--McFarnell
    Are the 450 voice minutes split eaqually between each phone, i.e. 225/phone? Are you 100% sure that those are TOTAL minutes, INCLUDING any free minutes to other T-Mobile users?

If the answers are yes, you could get two Vzw phones, put them on PPC's The 12 plan, for a TOTAL of $24/month, or less, if refills are purchased at a discount. You should definately track your usage the first few months to make sure you don't use more than expected.

You can port your T-Mobile numbers to PPC for free.

What kind of phones do you have now? Do you want similar features as your old phones?
    Last edited by Boz1; 01-11-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the ideas everyone.

Actually, I wasn't completely clear. My wife and I share 1 phone. All or our minutes total around 450 and texting is about 190 texts or so, per month. We don't care much about data - we've never used it before, though it might be nice.

The phone we have now is just a cheap one. No keyboard or anything, just numbers. What is a "PP Phone". Does that mean I can buy any Verizon phone off e-bay?

In the "Read this first" part of this PagePlus forum, it said,
    Can I purchase any refill card for the Unlimited Talk N' Text or the Talk N' Text 1200 plan?

You need to purchase the correct card the first time. After that, the plan is on your account, and you can refill by purchasing any card. For example, if you want the Unlimited Talk N' Text plan, you need to purchase the Unlimited Talk N' Text card, and after the first time of adding that card, from then on, you can refill using any card.
    Can someone explain what that means??

Thanks everyone!

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for the ideas everyone.

Actually, I wasn't completely clear. My wife and I share 1 phone. All or our minutes total around 450 and texting is about 190 texts or so, per month. We don't care much about data - we've never used it before, though it might be nice.

The phone we have now is just a cheap one. No keyboard or anything, just numbers. What is a "PP Phone". Does that mean I can buy any Verizon phone off e-bay?

In the "Read this first" part of this PagePlus forum, it said,

Can someone explain what that means??

Thanks everyone!
    In that case, The12 would be no good for you. It only includes 250 voice minutes per month. If you use 450 voice minutes and 190 text messages per month, the best PPC plan for you would be the TnT1200 for $29.95/mo.

As stated above, any Vzw phone can be used with PPC EXCEPT Vzw prepaid phones, or Vzw phones that have ever been used on Vzw prepaid. You can buy used Vzw phones from reputable eBay sellers, or you can simply ask your friends and family if they have an old Vzw phone sitting unused in a drawer that you can have. PPC also sells some PPC branded phones on their website.

The quote above simply means that after you buy a "plan" card, i.e. TnT1200, it can be renewed monthly using any funds available in your account. You don't have to buy a "plan" card every month.

Feedback Score
    Thanks everyone. Would it work for me to buy the Palm Pixi Plus from newegg.com here?? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...nc.-_-75101038

I decided since I have to buy a new phone, might as well get a nicer one. Never had a smart phone before, but am excited about the wifi and GPS. Should I buy it somewhere else? How do I know if this is a Verizon phone or?

Another question: Is it possible to use the GPS part of this phone without using up your data?

Thanks for your help.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Since the NewEgg "Details" tab states Verizon, and the pictures show Verizon, it is probably safe to say it is a verizon phone!

I don't know if a navigation program exists for WebOS that allows the maps to be stored on board so as to use GPS without data usage.

CoPilot Live for Android puts all of the maps on the SD card so no data is used during GPS navigation.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! I guess my mind has changed a few times. It looks like I'm going to go with the HTC Droid Incredible - a refurbished one for a little over $100 through Amazon Marketplace. I made this decision because I want to be able to use GPS without data, and I want to be able to use my Skype phone when I have wifi.

Thanks again for all the help!

What would be the process to port my number from t-mobile to Page Plus once I have my new phone?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The Incredible is a very good phone.

Call PPC CS and they will walk you through porting, or you can use the port form on the PPC website.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Porting a number? Just call PPC customer service and have your T-Mobile account number / pin available, as well as the MEID on your new phone.

Feedback Score
    How do I find my MEID on my new HTC Incredible phone?

Feedback Score
    I found it. I'm porting my t-mobile number over, but there are 3 other phone numbers on my t-mobile account. Will all of our numbers be canceled at t-mobile, or just the one I am porting??

Feedback Score
    I found it. I'm porting my t-mobile number over, but there are 3 other phone numbers on my t-mobile account. Will all of our numbers be canceled at t-mobile, or just the one I am porting??
    You better ask TMo about this. If this is some kind of "family share" plan and you are porting out primary account - I wouldn't be surprised if something changed. Not likely that TMo will cancel the rest of your numbers but they can be switched to a different plan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast