Thread: Tracfone help. How to retrieve pics off a deactivated tracfone??

Feedback Score

Tracfone help. How to retrieve pics off a deactivated tracfone??

I got my sister a new tracfone for Christmas, I didn't get her pictures emailed to myself to txt back to her before we changed over her plan. Now I am stuck with a deactivated tracfone with her pictures that I need to get off there.
    Between tracfone's weird sim card issue's that I've already argued with them over and the price of buying a prepaid card to . I am desperatly hoping there is a very easy way to get the pictures off the phone with out reactivating it.

It does not have a micro sd slot, it does have blutooth but it's limited of course and I can't find a way to load it threw usb. BUT maybe there is a driver or software or a hack of some kind just to her pictures off of her old phone.

The phone is a Motorola W376g .

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    The bluetooth on Moto W376 is only for headsets. It does not do file transfer. You will have to get the pictures by picture messaging or email.

You can reactivate the W376 for $10 by going online and choosing the 30 mins/ 30 day card (available only online). DMFL will actually give you 60 minutes. Then transfer the pictures directly to her new phone from the W376. Use either picture messaging or emailing directly to her phone. Both methods work. No need to involve your phone. That would just waste minutes.

When you are done, transfer all the remaining minutes and service days from the W376 to her new phone and that will automatically deactivate the W376.

Hope it all works out for you.
    Last edited by annepani; 01-11-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply and I may have to active the phone. There are 60 pictures and so I looked what tracfone charges, and it's 1.5 units/minutes per MMS. So have to go with the 60 minute card which is $20 I think. It is a dmfl phone so it would give me 120 minutes and I got a code that will bring it to 200 and so yeah at least I can transfer those to her account. Not sure how, but pretty sure that I can. Just hoped there was a cheaper and easier way of doing that.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Transferring minutes and service days is easy. Plan on calling CS. I wouldn't try doing it online because the online system can force a transfer of the new number too. CS can do it so that you keep your original number.

Feedback Score
    There's an 80 minute code for the 60 card? Most I know of is 60.
    I'm sure you'll have to wait for a SIM to reactivate.
    As was said earlier, call CS and transfer minutes/days to avoid transferring the new number to the new phone.

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    It's possible that they can reactivate the old phone (same sim) if it hasn't been too long ago.

I once let my W376 expire and they kept emailing me that if I reactivate it by adding airtime they would give me 30 bonus minutes. A month after the phone expired I was able to reactivate it and keep the number and no new sim needed.

But of course if you transferred her number to the new phone that might not work.

The quality of the pictures on the W376 is not going to be that great. I would only have her transfer the ones she absolutely needs.

Feedback Score
    She has 60 pictures and wants them all. It was my mistake for not texting them to my self before we changed phones. I called tracfone and they said there was no way, but as well all know there are sometimes still a way. I just didn't want to pay for a 60 minute card for a phone I won't be using, but it was my mistake. At leaste it is a dmfl phone, so I'll get 120 mins, and with it being 1.5 units per text I'll need the extra.
    Thanks for everyone's help, I don't think there is anything I can do but just get the card and activate it under my name and txt her pics to her.

Though has anyone had these pics from this phone printed out? If the quality isn't too horrible, it'd be cheaper on her minutes to just go to wal-mart and print them out threw my email. Just don't know what the quality would be like???

Phone
    LG800g
    Carrier
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You could pull them up on the phone, then take a picture of the phone itself with a digital camera. Use Paint to edit out the phone. Create a large paint file with all 60 pics.

Let's face it, even if you did transfer the pics from the W376G they are not going to be good quality. I use the W376G and have sent pictures via email - it's just not worth it unless it's an extremely special picture (maybe a picture of a person who is now deceased, etc). Using a digital camera to capture the pics will be "good enough" for most cases.

Feedback Score
    That's actually a really good idea. It'll be time consuming but hopefully well worth it. Thanks!