Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: [SH7218U] How to/Q&A-Custom ROM-modifications-etc.

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What happens if you press 0? Does it put a "0"? How about the second press? Would be nice for a T9 input on this phone; but at least a space key would be appreciated!

Any photos of the themes available?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeh, when I press "0", 0 appears and then a second time, the "+" symbol shows and after it, is a space. Honestly, I've gotten used to this and am pretty fast now but I know practically anyone else wouldn't want typing like this. Do keep in mind though man that Iwnn SH and Sogue Input work perfectly fine on the stock ROM and they have input close to T9. I just wish I could edit the original LatinIME.apk to make a space before 0 and +. Or just find a way to port the theme files onto a stock, which I believe isn't too hard but I barely have the time to research on all of this so I would really appreciate help from anyone that already knows how to mod android more than I.

But anyway, Ive posted screenshots. It comes with a custom ADW launcher with an anchor theme. The notification seems to be themed with it as well. Whenever you get a popup with info, the little droid guy is in the corner. Highlights are blue and a nice touch from the standard. Status bar and pull down menu are somewhat transparent and completely controllable with the "search" button.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been following the msharp thread that GigiTse created and a recent post seems to confirm that she is working on porting the 800mHz kernel and 2.3 system to our devices (ported from SH7218T) but there are a decent bit of bugs like flash not working and calling issues.. This is to be expected so patience is advised, but looks like we are going to get a taste of 2.3 finally.

Google Translated text from the thread is below;

Report about

Recently, due to the accumulation of work after the New Year is a busy ..
    So come do not have time to answer questions

Found one:
    Company has a girlfriend of one of my colleagues do a sh7218T
    Late take a look at his girlfriend is willing to lend me ~ my daughter does not want to try to extract its rom
    Dismantling small T kernel Take a look can 7227turbo of 800MHz the kernel transplantation over to the small U
    (Last Blade's overclock the kernel transplant .... super 900MHz .... may be the current setting does not match ... 3 days after my test machine to burn ... .. Wow, woo .........> <)

Found two:
    Are continuing to try to transplant Blade the CM 7.2 (ie, the android 2.3.7) ....
    Last night, try a look at the boot finally the screen to changing for the better ~ positive ~ ~ reversed .... Yeah ...
    Also successfully loaded into the system .. touch screen is no problem ~ ~ hard key operational. However ... the flash does not work ..... hum, there are a variety of issues - like telephone and so on ... all amendment did not wait for me to be free to take the time to study it??

In conclusion, the small U 2.3 and the use of small T's 800MHz the kernel
    Is possible, but you give the point of patience, okay?

Anyway ....
    I seem to forget that you want to get the Pink ver settings.apk sorry ~ ~ ~ to be lunch time to get the okay?
    Also forgot to write rom presentation and screenshots ............
    I really OMGWTFBBQ ..... <--- juvenile dementia ... Orz ...

That my daughter is the first work ~~ ~ ~. XOXO ~ ~ ~

PS

Optimized rom Cons: (resolved)
    - Improve the mobile phone operating performance and reduce player / Shooting Video Performance
    (This drawback has been resolved, replace the media after the code can capture the video and smooth 640p playback video 800p above, the next update will be served)

As you can see, much of this does not make sense; but it's pretty discernible that she is working on it.

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is it possible to install the ADW launcher on the SH7218u?

http://www.appbrain.com/app/adw-laun...g.adw.launcher

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ADW launcher is actually running in those screenshots above ^ it's just themed.

Feedback Score
    Is it possible to re-upload some of the links? The multiupload.com and modiako's links are all dead for me.

Device(s)
    Xperia Z1
    Carrier(s)
    XL axiata
    Feedback Score
    how to install googleplay.apk?
    i try to install, but the result is "application not installed"

Feedback Score
    I found another thread with some resources that may be useful. Also, you can't directly install google apps, you have to copy and paste it over (after rooting) and change permissions.

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by forwarding View Post
    I found another thread with some resources that may be useful. Also, you can't directly install google apps, you have to copy and paste it over (after rooting) and change permissions.
    Great!

Is this in the guide? If not, would you mind adding it?

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is it possible to have the iWnn keyboard apk put up in case people want Japanese input after installing the custom ROM flavours?

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure how to edit the guide? If you tell me how, I can add it, but the link is here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=22106340

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey there guys, since I'm not the original owner/uploader of those files I can't put them back up, here is a link to the IwnnIME keyboard if anyone needs it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6dkk95p0xmn05yw

I have a few files that were originally there, like the SH-01B-esque clock and the modded soft buttons, so if you need, I can upload as well.

@forwarding You can't edit the guide, only I or a mod could and the time limit to edit is already surpassed (for me). That helpful guide was made by a forum member here called hwfjunkman and has been posted here before, so remember to give your thanks!

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    hwfjunkman's guide is excellent. I'd happily pop it into the front page if hwfjunkman wishes; though most people have discovered it through various links anyway.

And thanks again, ahhdillon

Feedback Score
    Thank you for that wonderful guide. Made things for me much easier.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by djnorich View Post
    how to install googleplay.apk?
    I try to install, but the result is "application not installed"
    I've actually tried doing this already and installing it by normal means will not work. Placing the apk in system/apk will install it properly but it will force close when started in a matter of seconds. Best wait for the next version of Google Play store to see if it is compatible.

Your Welcome, to everyone! Just trying to help out and make you guys love your awesome phone!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast